• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Well i wonder what they will re-ship you because I having a feeling they had nothing and still have nothing to ship you....maybe I should order worms ...

If they had absolutely nothing to ship me, they should have never sent me a shipment confirmation email and charged my card :p.

I agree though, they likely have nothing to send me haha.

Woah. What is this..

Here's a couple vids we made to show you what this is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joeNMko0N44
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyqcdqgLLZ0

In short, Super Time Force is a run'n gun action platformer where you control time. At any point you can TIME OUT, rewind and choose when to hop back into the action, pick a new character... and then play alongside all of your past selves. In short, you play co-op with yourself AKA single-player co-op.

Just in case it wasn't shared, Super Time Force hits X1 & X360 on May 14th (note: that's next week y'all).

STF_Screenshot_1.png

YES! So pumped for this.

Shylock

Well i wonder what they will re-ship you because I having a feeling they had nothing and still have nothing to ship you....maybe I should order worms ...

I had ordered worms on the 16th of last month, supposedly shipped on the 21st, but nothing, so maybe someone did just mark the orders as shipped in hopes people would forget. :)

I had ordered worms on the 16th of last month, supposedly shipped on the 21st, but nothing, so maybe someone did just mark the orders as shipped in hopes people would forget. :)

Same here on the dates. The lady on the phone said "have you checked your tracking number"... I was like, erm, they sent me shipment confirmation but no tracking number...lol.

Ugh.

FUME5

Here's a couple vids we made to show you what this is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=joeNMko0N44
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tyqcdqgLLZ0

In short, Super Time Force is a run'n gun action platformer where you control time. At any point you can TIME OUT, rewind and choose when to hop back into the action, pick a new character... and then play alongside all of your past selves. In short, you play co-op with yourself AKA single-player co-op.

You had me at hello etc...

So Nutjitsu this week (In America anyway), Super Time Force next week and Contrast/Sixty Second Shooter Prime are due soon, Worms has disappeared hopefully we'll start getting some more regular releases.

Theres a 25% off sale on the Combo Break add-on pack for Killer Instinct ($14.99/£11.99) this week too.

I have updated the OP with new images to make it look a bit better. Scales well to mobile as well!

NinjaBee said they're announcing something at Pax (not E3) and Zen Studios who are releasing Kickbeat, Castlestorm and Pinball FX2 on XB1 said they should be soon...

znarR69.gif

Seriously, though, it sounds like a novel concept and I can't wait to try it!

I need some Super Time Force in my life. I haven't bought any "Indie" games on my X1 since Peggle 2 and need some Cappy goodness.

Below is also one of my most anticipated titles… this year? Next? 

Heysoos

Sorry if this is a little OT. For those of who are Microsoft Expertzone Verified and are looking to stock up some cash for the upcoming digital releases, Expertzone put up $50 card for $20, $25 card for $10, and 3 Months for $9.99. Prices assuming you're at Expert level. Also they just put up the Xbox One wireless control for $21. Get it while they're hot, the gift cards don't tend to last too long.

Sorry if this is a little OT. For those of who are Microsoft Expertzone Verified and are looking to stock up some cash for the upcoming digital releases, Expertzone put up $50 card for $20, $25 card for $10, and 3 Months for $9.99. Prices assuming you're at Expert level. Also they just put up the Xbox One wireless control for $21. Get it while they're hot, the gift cards don't tend to last too long.

Thanks!

I'm in the highest tier so I just got

Kinect Sports Rivals - $20
$25 Giftcard - $10
Xbox One Media Remote - $11
Fable Anniversary - $9

$53 after tax total

Was tempted for the Xbox One Stereo Headset for $29 also, but I already have the Turtle Beach XO Fours

Heysoos

Thanks!

$25 Giftcard - $10
Fable Anniversary - $9

$53 after tax total

Was tempted for the Xbox One Stereo Headset for $29 also, but I already have the Turtle Beach XO Fours

Oh shit they put up more stuff! Good thing I went to work before actually buying anything. The Stereo Headset for that price is fucking awesome.

malfcn

Thanks!

$25 Giftcard - $10
Fable Anniversary - $9

$53 after tax total

Those prices are insane. I'd be in for a headset if I was an EZ member.

To keep us a bit on topic, we have some new downloadable game news.

Pure Pool from VooFoo Studios through ID@Xbox is confirmed to release "this summer"

Nutjitsu is also out in US only at some point today, although I don't see that it is live yet.

(and yes those are great prices :p)

MS are having some technical issues with Nutijitsu going up, it's should be up very soon apparently, so still due today just a lil delayed.

It's still not up by I reckon you will be fine when you get home.
Is this what happens when you stealth release a game? Even MS forget about it.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Nutjitsu appears to be up if you search for it. Trailer is up along with it, too.

276.5 Megs. Claims it released Feb 13th, 2014! (-_-;)

Never Alone looks pretty nice. I couldn't stand Limbo, but this seems to have a nice bit of culture and personality to give it that desirable bit of charm. Really hope the facial animation starts to come though later in development; it looks pretty odd with so little.

So, Nutjitsu is pretty much an app?

We asked developer Ninjabee to tell us a bit more about Nutjitsu, including the fact that you can play it while, for instance, you’re waiting for a multiplayer game to place you in a match. From Producer Ben Bascom:
The early days of a console are always exciting. We are thrilled to be an early participant in Xbox One history. Thanks to the ID@Xbox team for helping to get Nutjitsu out there! Nutjitsu is undoubtedly a throwback to addictive, retro game designs updated with great new art and an awesome theme.

In terms of production, it proves that a great game can be developed on Xbox One in a short time frame. Technologically, we are the first to release an Xbox One game that can run like an app .This means you can watch a movie or play another game, then switch over to Nutjitsu for a few minutes without closing your other activity. On top of all that, a ninja squirrel stealing nuts is awesomeness that can’t be denied!

Interesting

Can anyone else snap game DVR or record this game at all? It's greyed out for me totally, I am thinking it may be because of the way the app is set up to play, does this mean universal apps can't be recorded?

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Can anyone else snap game DVR or record this game at all? It's greyed out for me totally, I am thinking it may be because of the way the app is set up to play, does this mean universal apps can't be recorded?

Haha, nope. No way to "Xbox Record That!" of any sort. That's a small shame, but I guess it's taking up the "App" slot, rather than the "Game" slot. O well

Haha, nope. No way to "Xbox Record That!" of any sort. That's a small shame, but I guess it's taking up the "App" slot, rather than the "Game" slot. O well

Tried streaming? I can't even do that.
Looks like it's one for the capture cards out there.

SAB CA

Sketchbook Picasso
Tried streaming? I can't even do that.
Looks like it's one for the capture cards out there.

Nope, I haven't set myself up for streams, so haven't tried that.

The first game without Game DVR! Not something I expect out of this, to be sure.

After the success of the driveclub campaign to get Sony to change that policy, I think we really need to start looking into a campaign against the release date parity clause on X1...

Redshirt

Banned
To be honest, I don't have an issue with the parity clause. With the PS4's popularity, I think it might be beneficial to those of us who prefer Xbox.

Lima

To be honest, I don't have an issue with the parity clause. With the PS4's popularity, I think it might be beneficial to those of us who prefer Xbox.

sorry what? There are already many cases where great games are not coming to Xbox. The Swapper, Transistor etc

With self publishing there is no reason for a developer to skip the Xbox even if it has a lower installbase.

This shit right now is actively keeping games away from the platform.

Redshirt

Banned
I think games that skip the XB1 due to the parity clause will be the exception. Without the clause, I think I'd end up having to wait for the indie games I did actually care about.

Lima

I think games that skip the XB1 due to the parity clause will be the exception. Without the clause, I think I'd end up having to wait for the indie games I did actually care about.

A single game not coming to the platform that might be available without the clause means it is stupid shit. Like seriously I don't understand this line of thinking. I guess you could go work for MS though, Phil Harrison seems to be right in line with you.

Please real based Phil save us.

The parity clause will have the opposite effect, instead of developers releasing day one and delaying other platform releases, it will just piss people off and some wont bother at all.

Microsoft need to incentivise parity - store promotions, tools (like free unity and dev kits which they are doing), assistance, good relationships etc not force it.

Microsoft are leaving money on the table by not getting every game they can on the platform, they arent the ones making the investment in the game, I really dont see what difference it makes to them financially except for not getting more money from their userbase. Not to mention whats the point in shipping dev kits to developers who then cant use them to release games on the platform?

I can understand the business point of view of not getting games second, but really its only going to hurt them long-term.

Top Bottom