• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Heroes coming to PS4 and XB1 in the form of ''Marvel Heroes Omega''

Hey guys. EU has went live earlier than expected, and some other regions will be coming up within the next 24 hours.

I'm excited to see you guys stoked to play the game and this has been an awesome journey for me personally.

Hope you guys enjoy the game on PS4 (and PC!)

Do you have any updates on the Australian launch?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Apparently for couch coop, 2nd player needs psn account but NOT a founder pack. 2nd player is playing on player 1's account, playing and leveling player 1's heroes.

Asros just said on the stream that for couch coop, 2nd player needs psn account but NOT a founder pack.
2nd player is playing on player 1's account, playing and leveling player 1's heroes.

I was just discussing this with my partner's brother. I honestly prefer this; we're just going to share purchases between us. I'm presuming that only the primary account earns trophies as well?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I was just discussing this with my partner's brother. I honestly prefer this; we're just going to share purchases between us. I'm presuming that only the primary account earns trophies as well?
I was initially going to just focus on Wolverine, but with this news I feel like the Avengers pack has much more value for me and my gf.

I was initially going to just focus on Wolverine, but with this news I feel like the Avengers pack has much more value for me and my gf.

Hawkeye and Black Widow are among my favorites on the PC version. Captain has been good ever since his early review. The Hulk is supposed to be excellent. So I'd say there's really good value there.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Hawkeye and Black Widow are among my favorites on the PC version. Captain has been good ever since his early review. The Hulk is supposed to be excellent. So I'd say there's really good value there.
I'm also a total sucker for the MCU looks of Iron Man and Captain America lol.

If you have someone to co-op with, the Avengers and X-Men Founder's Packs are definitely better value now. I'll be going with the X-Men for that reason.

Xaero, add me on PSN: "pock3tmonstr"

Wait, but CAN they play with their account/heroes? Yike if not

No. It's a feature that ultimately Gazillion want to make available, but isn't coming soon.

I honestly don't mind. The more I think about it, the more it makes sense, at least in my context of playing within a shared household.

No. It's a feature that ultimately Gazillion want to make available, but isn't coming soon.

I honestly don't mind. The more I think about it, the more it makes sense, at least in my context of playing within a shared household.

Sorry, but it's a limitation, it doesn't "make sense." It only functions in the context of a shared household, but in a limited way. If two people play the game separately online, they can't play together locally with their own progress. It ties one player to another.

Not sure why the second player's PSN needs to be involved, tbh. Seems like they're both just playing with the primary account.

Sorry, but it's a limitation, it doesn't "make sense." It only functions in the context of a shared household, but in a limited way. If two people play the game separately online, they can't play together locally with their own progress. It ties one player to another.

Not sure why the second player's PSN needs to be involved, tbh. Seems like they're both just playing with the primary account.

As I said man, it makes sense within my context. You might see it as a limitation and it's a valid complaint that I understand, but not one that I agree with sorry. The PC version didn't have local co-op and I'm sure no one was honestly expecting the console port to have it either. It's a surprising bonus in a game focused primarily on online multiplayer.

The second person needs an active PSN account presumably because it's played online. I don't think you can play online via the PSN without an active account. Unless there are other games that worked differently?

I want to play so badly! never did play the PC version, i'm just too broke to grab a founders pack this month. Do we know how long until the public version launches?

I want to play so badly! never did play the PC version, i'm just too broke to grab a founders pack this month. Do we know how long until the public version launches?

The closed beta will run for roughly a month, then after the progress wipe/reset, there'll be a head start for closed beta participants and finally the f2p open beta.

I guess we're looking at late May.

The closed beta will run for roughly a month, then after the progress wipe/reset, there'll be a head start for closed beta participants and finally the f2p open beta.

I guess we're looking at late May.

Sorry if this has been answered already, but do we know what (if anything) is kept after the progress wipe?

I haven't played MH in a while, so I barely remember all the different currencies/whatever you do earn in game

Edit: 2nd question. I VAGUELY remember being able to uncap your 1st character for free. Is that still the case? If I get a founders pack, can I still use my one uncapping on Cyclops, for instance?

Sorry if this has been answered already, but do we know what (if anything) is kept after the progress wipe?

I haven't played MH in a while, so I barely remember all the different currencies/whatever you do earn in game

Edit: 2nd question. I VAGUELY remember being able to uncap your 1st character for free. Is that still the case? If I get a founders pack, can I still use my one uncapping on Cyclops, for instance?

Everything resets; character levels/unlocks, campaign progress, Eternity Splinters, purchases made using Gs, etc.

You'll keep your Founder's Pack(s) and Gs purchased/spent will be returned to your account to be reused in the open beta.

After completing the tutorial, you should receive 400 Eternity Splinters which you can use to purchase any character of your choice. The cheapest characters are 200 ES and the most expensive, 600 ES. You aren't required to use the Eternity Splinters immediately, but characters you don't own have a max level cap of 10.

I hope that helps!

Yoday

On pc, she doesn't have her own powers, except for a few punches and flying, basically. She steals powers from other heroes and villains; you have to do this in-game and put the stolen powers into power slots.

I just imagine it would be a massive pain to design that for a controller. Although I guess they must have figured it out on pc? I never used the controller option.
Agreed. If nothing else she would take more time to bring over than other heroes because the different mechanic. She is also a more advanced hero to play because you need to know other heroes and how their powers work. It makes sense to leave her out at launch.

Oh, and to new players, don't overlook Squirrel Girl. She's nuts!

D

Deleted member 465307

Unconfirmed Member
Random question, but does anyone know if the Wiccan skin/outfit/swap for Scarlet Witch will be available in the console version?

Random question, but does anyone know if the Wiccan skin/outfit/swap for Scarlet Witch will be available in the console version?

Yes at launch. So the skin tonight on the EU stream

Here are some other questions answered directly from the devs tonight in thr stream

The symbiote spiderman costume will 100% be purchasable with G at a later date.

The difficulty scales with both the difficulty slider and your item level.

Raids, team ups, and pets will not be in at launch will be added in hopefully around open beta.

There is a new item system built top to bottom with new affixes that change how various builds work. The head console item developer was in the chat ad he spent a good 5 minutes explaining the new system.

Couch coop requires a second psn account but they don't need anything else. P2 will be playing characters on p1s account and leveling them. P2 cannot use their own account even if they have one.

Other heroes including Dr Doom will be coming in the future to console.

They did a balancing pass that makes the balance different from the pc version. They have an internal number that the bosses should take to kill for all characters. I couldn't get them to give it to me but they are balancing around it to try and keep everyone somewhat even.

Ultimate attacks are in the game but right now the only way to level them is Gs. They are working on trying to get some other way in but for now that's it.

There is no specific ps4 pro support but the devs say the boost mood very well could increase performance.

Those are the things I can remember off the top of my head. Feel free to ask me anything and I'll try and answer. I've answered literally dozens of questions on the official forums and I would love to help out my fellow gaffers as well!

Hows the f2p mechanics work?

I've spent hundreds of hours on the PC version and the f2p model is one of the best on the market.

Outside of costumes and increased storage space, there is no content locked behind purchases. You can freely complete the campaign, either alone or in a group with others. You are also free to chat and message other players, join supergroups and participate in patrols, one-shots, raids and event content without restriction.

Every character is unlockable through Eternity Splinters (in-game currency), that drop roughly every eight minutes. Characters range in cost from 200 to 600 Eternity Splinters. Every character is also playable to a maximum level cap of 10. On completion of the tutorial, however, you are given 400 Eternity Splinters to do with as you wish. Whether you purchase two characters, one, or decide to save them for a more expensive, 600 Splinter character is up to you.

I've spent hundreds of hours on the PC version and the f2p model is one of the best on the market.

Outside of costumes and increased storage space, there is no content locked behind purchases. You can freely complete the campaign, either alone or in a group with others. You are also free to chat and message other players, join supergroups and participate in patrols, one-shots, raids and event content without restriction.

Every character is unlockable through Eternity Splinters (in-game currency), that drop roughly every eight minutes. Characters range in cost from 200 to 600 Eternity Splinters. Every character is also playable to a maximum level cap of 10. On completion of the tutorial, however, you are given 400 Eternity Splinters to do with as you wish. Whether you purchase two characters, one, or decide to save them for a more expensive, 600 Splinter character is up to you.

Cheers, so how many splinters drop every 8 minutes?

Muffmuff

Neo Member
Generally one, but sometimes more can drop. I've had drops of three, five and rarely, ten. It's possible this has changed in the console version.

I hope so, more than 24h playtime for a 200 char is not really f2pish or are they mission rewards and something else to gather more?

I hope so, more than 24h playtime for a 200 char is not really f2pish or are they mission rewards and something else to gather more?

They can drop from chests as well. It honestly doesn't take much time to amass large numbers of Eternity Splinters. I have some 1600 currently on the PC version.

New Player Tip:

I'm not sure if synergy powers are available in the console version, but if so, I highly recommend purchasing Cyclops as soon as possible. He grants an additional 10% EXP to every character once you have levelled him to the cap of 60. It makes a small but welcome difference in the time to level.

ValeYard

Well, I've been waiting for this to come to consoles for a while, so I'm in with Spidey.

I'm interested to see how necessary inventory upgrades are. In Star Trek Online, I found the inventory limitations to be pretty gross.

ThatGuyJangle

Neo Member
I'm oddly tempted to pay up for early access to this. I played the game a bunch on PC and really enjoyed it, the only thing I'm worried about is that the combat is going to feel 'off' and lightweight on a pad. Anybody who has tried it can say either way? I think if they've managed to get the feeling of combat and weight right (See Diablo 3 on console) then I'm in.

styl3s

No pro support just made me pump the brakes on getting into the closed beta.
On the forums AgentVapor said there isn't pro support at this time but suggest using boost mode so maybe boost mode will help performance for now?

You have to imagine they have been working on a console port for a pretty long time now so no pro support out of the gate (it's the beta not the full release) doesn't surprise me at all.

Ploid 3.0

Well, I've been waiting for this to come to consoles for a while, so I'm in with Spidey.

I'm interested to see how necessary inventory upgrades are. In Star Trek Online, I found the inventory limitations to be pretty gross.

Inventory is very important. If you stick to one character you can probably survive for a while, but as you collect runes, artifacts, and craft materials you will fill that storage space up. You can buy one storage on PC with splinters. You can later get a storage from a event like Big 10, and outside of that you will need to buy them. If you spend money on anything, let it be storage space.

IbukiLordSA

Really interested in the game but holy hell just saw the pricing on this and the x-men pack is pretty much the most expensive thing on the local store, I can get every latest game release for the same price or lower. It also seems like that pack only gives me 5 characters and then there are other packs as well, no thanks Marvel, I can't get on board with pricing like that, sorry not something I can support.

hank_tree

Really interested in the game but holy hell just saw the pricing on this and the x-men pack is pretty much the most expensive thing on the local store, I can get every latest game release for the same price or lower. It also seems like that pack only gives me 5 characters and then there are other packs as well, no thanks Marvel, I can't get on board with pricing like that, sorry not something I can support.

You know it's a free to play game ,right? You don't have to pay anything. Well unless you want into the closed beta.

Top Bottom