• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One Download Games |OT| News, Announcements, Reviews, and Impressions Thread

Vert boil

Released today,

apps.62786.13510798886186651.4db3f6c4-486d-4768-87e9-ea3f358c58c7.7d214939-ba3c-457e-9c50-f286990cdf54

Dead Alliance: Multiplayer Edition - 25$, 3.75GB.

Recore: Definitive Edition - 20$, 16.87GB.
(Existing owners just need to update their version to get the new shizzle for free.)
(Trial available.)

Resident Evil Revelations 1 - 20$, 11.96GB.

Rock of Ages 2: Bigger & Boulder - 13.50$ (will rise to 15$), 2.71GB.
(Trial available. No time limit, doesn't unlock achievements.)
--Classic Pack - 2$
--The Binding of Isaac Pack - free

New DLC,

Dead by Daylight: Special Edition
--The Lullaby for the Dark Chapter - free

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero
--Pirate Queen's Quest - 10$

New Bundle,

Resident Evil Revelations 1 & 2 Bundle - 40$

-----
Ark: Survival Evolved will be leaving Game Preview today.

Delryk

There's going to be a new Xbox One version of Minecraft.

If you own the current version digitally you'll be able to buy the new version for free for a limited time.

If you own the disc version, to get the new digital version for free (for a limited time) you either have to play five hours (or have played five hours in the past 12 months) or have bought a piece of dlc.

Full FAQ.

I'm guessing this is the one that's in beta right now if you're in the program?

Tntnico

Don't Starve Together will release on September 13th - 15 € (or 5 € if you have Don't Starve Giant Edition).
And you can preorder the game right now on the Windows Store

Bsigg12

Ok, bought my first game off the HK store to access it a little early (Destiny 2). Anybody have any kind of feedback on their success with that?

zorbsie

Ok, bought my first game off the HK store to access it a little early (Destiny 2). Anybody have any kind of feedback on their success with that?

If it still works like it used to, the game unlocks based off the timezone you purchased it from. I've had friends do that a few times. Worked like a charm. You should be golden.

statham

We need someone to start and maintain a Xbox Creators thread. It already has a decent amount of games. Most not worth your time, but we need a start. Just IMO. Who ran the XBIG thread?

Vert boil

Released today,

Don't Knock Twice - 10$ (will rise to 12.50$), 2GB.

Squish and the Corrupted Crystal - 15$, 1.29GB.
(Trial available. 60 mins, unlocks achievements.)

New DLC,

Dovetail Games Euro Fishing
--Manor Farm Lake - 11$
--Season pass - 36$
--Season pass Bundle - 46$

Portal Knights
--Gold Throne Edition - 7$

New Bundle,

Euro Fishing: Urban Edition + Season Pass - 60$

New Pre-Orders,

Don't Starve Together: Console Edition - 15$ (5$ if you owned the original)

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen - 30$

Marble Void - 5$

-----

We need someone to start and maintain a Xbox Creators thread. It already has a decent amount of games. Most not worth your time, but we need a start. Just IMO. Who ran the XBIG thread?

Toythatkills did most of the leg work but he doesn't own an Xbox One. I don't give a shit.

There's no need to an elaborate/updated OP so anyone can start one and twerps can post recs.

miserable

I hope this is the right place to ask this: how do preorders work on Xbox One? do they charge your card when you place the preorder or when the game releases?

danowat

Banned
I hope this is the right place to ask this: how do preorders work on Xbox One? do they charge your card when you place the preorder or when the game releases?

Depends.....

PURCHASE PRE-ORDERS FOR XBOX ONE AND WINDOWS 10

You can purchase games available for pre-order using credit on your Microsoft account, a credit card, or both. You'll be charged at different times depending on how you pay:

Microsoft account credit. If you pay for your pre-order completely with credit from your Microsoft account, the credit will be subtracted right away.

Credit card. Pre-orders made using just a credit card won't be charged until right before the game is released.

A combination of account credit and a credit card. If you don't have enough credit to cover the whole cost of the pre-order, you can combine payments. Your account credit and credit card won't be charged until right before the game is released.

U2NUMB

Depends.....

Yea I learned the hard way that on the credit thing. I want them to take credit away so I dont spend it. I pre ordered Forza 7.. the ultimate edition which is $99 plus tax. So I had $100 in credit.. so paid the remaining with a card and when you do that they do not take the credit from you. So I have to constrain myself from spending it another 2 weeks..

When you have enough in credit to cover the entire cost it removes the credit from your account.

U2NUMB

I have fond memories of Baja so I am in on that .. but I am VERy worried the gaming world has passed the game by. Did not realize it came out in 2008.. time is crazy.

Also... I just want to know if I am alone. When a new game is released one of the first things I do is check to see if it tracks time on the game hub. I HATE games that do not track time played... maybe I am alone.

zorbsie

I have fond memories of Baja so I am in on that .. but I am VERy worried the gaming world has passed the game by. Did not realize it came out in 2008.. time is crazy.

Also... I just want to know if I am alone. When a new game is released one of the first things I do is check to see if it tracks time on the game hub. I HATE games that do not track time played... maybe I am alone.

I thought all games tracked time. How else will I know how much of my life I've put into Elite Dangerous. :)

U2NUMB

I thought all games tracked time. How else will I know how much of my life I've put into Elite Dangerous. :)

A few do not sadly... off the top of my head

Fortnite
Elder Scrolls Online (They have an hours played as a data point but not normal time tracked so third party sites do not see it.. annoys me)
Mafia 3 - This one pisses me off..
MANY indy games simply dont

And others like Overwatch did not have it at the start but did add it 2 weeks after launch.

Other big AAA games are missing that stat as well and I have no idea why other than they requested it not to be tracked.

So, not sure if interesting enough to make a thread, but here it goes:

I installed Rise of Nations Extended Edition yesterday, great port btw, kept the gameplay and art style mostly intact, but updated the game to support higher resolutions.

From the store there's a link to its gamehub, that's what's interesting, the gamehub says the game is called Ortus, has a few placeholders like the logo, and that the game is available on Xbox One.

Montresor

Quick thoughts on some games I've played recently (well, past two months):

Furi: 5/5. Fantastic pure boss battle game.

Tacoma: 4.5/5. Technical issues aside, I loved the game's narrative structure and world building.

The Assembly: 3.5/5. Decent walking simulator but not up to the level of stuff like Gone Home, Tacoma, Firewatch, etc...

What Remains Of Edith Finch: 5/5. Absolutely wonderful, beautiful narrative game / "walking simulator".

Arkham Asylum Remaster: 5/5. Amazing Metroid-Prime-esque Batman adventure, every bit as good as I remembered. This game aged really well.

Slime Rancher: 2.5/5. Good GWG offering but the game's performance and tedium grated on me way too much in the end. I liked the concept and the game was addictive but its flaws didn't sit well with me.

Eventide 2 Sorcerer's Mirror: 3/5. Another solid Artifex Mundi game but I'm getting a bit fatigued here. I wish the games would progressively increase in quality / puzzle variety. But I'll probably still keep buying these day one.

Bioshock 1 Remaster: 4/5. Definitely did not age well, absolutely not as well as Arkham Asylum. Lot of ugly character models. But I still loved Rapture, Andrew Ryan, the "Would you kindly" twist, etc...

At the moment I'm playing the following three indie narrative/puzzle games in the meantime, switching between all three periodically:

Dreamfall Chapters
World To The West
Thimbleweed Park

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman
So, not sure if interesting enough to make a thread, but here it goes:

I installed Rise of Nations Extended Edition yesterday, great port btw, kept the gameplay and art style mostly intact, but updated the game to support higher resolutions.

From the store there's a link to its gamehub, that's what's interesting, the gamehub says the game is called Ortus, has a few placeholders like the logo, and that the game is available on Xbox One.

Hopefully arrives to consoles.

Vert boil

BTW anyone who backed Hat in Time on PC can upgrade their access to include an Xbox or PS4 copy for $10. Out in early October.

Decent price especially if you snagged an early bird.

Was wondering if anything had changed on MS' end but they are just bulk buying codes. MS still gettin' that 30%.

Vert boil

Released today,

apps.55649.13510798887677013.e98d3d2a-4daf-4d1f-bd08-f61279e10f43.13d84945-319d-4068-81fc-21a2e8dcea83

ACA NeoGeo: Samurai Shodown 2 - 8$, 226MB.

Minecraft - 20$ (free for previous owners**), 265MB.

I'm so going to fold if Dangun Feveron comes as well.

-----
If you own the current/old version digitally, the new version should have been added to your library. If it hasn't check the store or wait a while as the rollout has been a bit bumpy.

If you own the disc version, to get the new digital version for free (for a limited time) you either have to play five hours or have bought a piece of dlc within the past 12 months.

Will be free until 30th Jan 2018.

Full FAQ.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Will there be a way to transfer games from my Xbox to the new one directly, or are they being incredibly stupid and expecting me to download 500GB of games?

Will there be a way to transfer games from my Xbox to the new one directly, or are they being incredibly stupid and expecting me to download 500GB of games?

You'll be able to transfer through the network, but moving the external drive from one to another should work too (as well plugging a new drive to the console, copy all content and plug this new drive on the new one).

Basically, the content is transferable by pretty much all the mediums the console supports.

Top Bottom