• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vita PSN Game & Service Thread | March 2013 | Carving an Independent niche

So I have finally had a chance to replace my stolen vita, I now have a white one coming soon from Amazon. Im going to start making a list of games to pick up and its already getting pretty long. The indie explosion will be great for the Vita, atleast one my end.

So far the games im looking forward to picking up are Hotline Miami, Binding of Isaac, and Guacamelee, and maybe Frozen Synapse but videos for it look alittle confusing, but still pretty cool.

Plus a few games i have missed, and stuff like Dragons Crown, Ys, rainbow moon, and killzone should be pretty damn good.

Two questions though,

1. Does anyone know what happened to Kickbeat from Zen? I remember seeing a bunch of vids for it last year, and then it vanished, any news?

2. Can anyone please either tell me more about Frozen synapse, or point me to a good tutorial type video for it?

With all this indie news im kind of hoping we also get Bastion, and Fez though I know alot of people dont like Fish.

Frozen Synapse:
Part 1:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOjx-4SVOoQ
Part 2:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Pa9H6eFIDc

CrovaxPSO

I just did the system restore process to check out the JP PSN using my old 4 GB card, then did it again and went back to my main US account. But, a handful of my game bubbles are missing. I don't have all my games with me at the moment to pop back in, but does this mean that all the save data/downloaded data associated with those games is lost?

Redhood

I just did the system restore process to check out the JP PSN using my old 4 GB card, then did it again and went back to my main US account. But, a handful of my game bubbles are missing. I don't have all my games with me at the moment to pop back in, but does this mean that all the save data/downloaded data associated with those games is lost?

Those games save the data on the game cartridge. Insert them again for the launch bubble.

You spent $200?

And I think I am at $45 for March, gotta find away to spend 5 more.
Yeah. Thank God for getting paid tonight and getting my tax return soon. $103 up to tonight then $98 tonight. I still haven't updated though, I'll probably do that soon now that I own all these games. Goodbye Tekken Dark Ressurection. :(

danthefan

Anyone know if Frozen Synapse is confirmed for Europe? I bought it for the PC a while ago but I reckon it would really lend itself to the Vita.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Anyone know if Frozen Synapse is confirmed for Europe? I bought it for the PC a while ago but I reckon it would really lend itself to the Vita.
It's a pretty safe bet we'll see US and EU releases.

Bought DOA5 last night.

Yum. Looks soooo good and the Vita d-pad makes it blissful to play.

How much single player content is there?

Its not something I will buy yet but I do like fighters but have yet to find one that works great online. Shame the days of mates playing on one screen are gone for me but I do enjoy the genre still.
- MK has huge amounts of offline content and Its great fun but I prefer other fighters combat so havn't bothered trying the online.
- UMvC3 was a bit short on offline content and the online would be good if not ruined by the ability to just quit which happened far to often.
- SFxT I am liking but again there isn't a huge amount of offline content. Playing online is really hit or miss on lag. Most games have had some form of lag.

Get me a fighter with smooth online I might truly get back into the genre again. For now they are more just fun quick blasts for me.

dhlt25

did sony announce upcoming ps+ games for april yet? I'm tempted to buy DOA5 but if it's coming up for + then I can save some money. EU seems to be getting all the cool games MGS, DOA5 and VLR next month

LuchaShaq

Banned
For the 50/10 dollars back it goes back to March 1st right?

Last time they did this promotion style (the 100$ in october etc) I easily spent the amount but never got the credit back :(

Massa

how long does it take to beat gravity rush?

10 hours for just the main story, 16-18 hours if you go for the platinum trophy.

Any word about the referral rewards?

I think the rules now say they'll give the awards after 4-8 weeks, so hopefully this April they'll have checked all referrals and sent the rewards. Really need that credit for Bioshock Infinite. :(

They're also apparently inviting new people to be part of the promotion.

Omlagus

For the 50/10 dollars back it goes back to March 1st right?

Last time they did this promotion style (the 100$ in october etc) I easily spent the amount but never got the credit back :(

It goes back to February 26th.

Edit: Found the blog post
PS Blog said:
Starting February 26 and throughout the month of March, we’ll be offering you the chance to get $10 back for EVERY $50 you spend using your SEN Wallet!

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2013/02/26/psn-march-savings-get-10-for-every-50-spent/

Ohnonono

I have been playing Monster Hunter and Resident Evil on 3DS lately. Took a break last night to go back to Vita and my god it is such a quality difference between those 2 machines. 3DS got me with Monster Hunter but every time I take out that thing I curse not playing my Vita.

Holmes

On the subject of Gravity Rush trophies, I think it took me about 30 or so hours to get 100% of them (DLC included). Oh, there was one DLC challenge that was hellish. I think it was a health race. Still lot of fun though.

On the subject of Gravity Rush trophies, I think it took me about 30 or so hours to get 100% of them (DLC included). Oh, there was one DLC challenge that was hellish. I think it was a health race. Still lot of fun though.

I think i got the plat in about 20 hours. That was one play through of the story and then mopping up the trophies at the end. I dont know how long the story is alone because I did a lot of exploring and gem / time traveller hunting.

The DLC gave me about another 5 hours play maybe?

Was well worth it for me. Great game.

Dooooooope. I didn't play it much on PC because I just don't like playing stuff on my computer and I still spent like 8hrs on it. I think I'm going to try and not buy anything until this game comes out (unless it's on sale).

I put in a bunch of hours on Steam, but the action parts of the game... I didn't feel I could be precise with a keyboard... if the Vita version marries the two well, I'm in.

matmanx1

How much single player content is there?

Its not something I will buy yet but I do like fighters but have yet to find one that works great online. Shame the days of mates playing on one screen are gone for me but I do enjoy the genre still.
- MK has huge amounts of offline content and Its great fun but I prefer other fighters combat so havn't bothered trying the online.
- UMvC3 was a bit short on offline content and the online would be good if not ruined by the ability to just quit which happened far to often.
- SFxT I am liking but again there isn't a huge amount of offline content. Playing online is really hit or miss on lag. Most games have had some form of lag.

Get me a fighter with smooth online I might truly get back into the genre again. For now they are more just fun quick blasts for me.

The story mode is cheesy fun and is easily 4 or 5 hours long. Arcade, Survival and Time Attack modes are included. Then there's the HUGE training and tutorial mode that has you learning combos and commands for all the characters. (I've spent probably 6 or more hours on this mode alone and I'm not even through half the cast yet) Then there's touch fight which is basically a tapping the screen to win but unlocks "OMG" breast motion mode once you pass 5000 touches. There's also a spectator mode where you can pick two fighters and a stage and watch them fight it out while you manipulate the camera and take pictures. You can pause the action at any time for getting that ultimate, totally not pervy in any way, shot.

There's trophies for doing all that stuff and the game works really, really well on the Vita helped out by it's excellent d-pad.

Online is limited to a practice dojo, ad-hoc, simple and ranked matches. The netcode is very good but so far the wait times for finding other players in ranked is higher than I like. I'm hoping it's just because the game just came out but we'll see.

Overall it's a great port and certainly is in my list for "most fun" fighting game on the Vita.

Anyone managed to find any gameplay of Zombie Tycoon 2 yet? I've only saw the teaser so far, but can hardly find any screenshots, and no gameplay footage, and it's not far off release. Kind of interested in it.

Redhood

Old Info?
I know that we know that its coming. But its being developed by double eleven!

Limbo Vita outsourced to LittleBigPlanet dev Double Eleven

vita2z.jpg

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/03/26/limbo-vita-outsourced-to-littlebigplanet-dev-double-eleven/

After playing nearly every Hot Shots Golf title since the PSOne, last night I finally got my first hole in one on the Vita. I literally popped a bottle of champagne afterwards.

I'm guessing Terraria won't be cross-buy, otherwise they would have announced beforehand and not have waited for the console version to release first.

I'll just skip the PS360 port and wait for Vita, then.

wiggleb0t

Banned
Just bought a vita and wow! PS+ on the vita alone is worth it IMO
Free vita titles snagged on AU/EU psn this month:
MGS:HD
Puddle
Gravity Rush
Uncharted

Next Month:
Virtues Last Reward
:-D

I have a question about sub accounts on Vita.

How exactly does that work. Will I be able to access games bought on the main account including Playstation +? Will a Vita tied to a sub account count toward my 2 vita per account limit?

The story mode is cheesy fun and is easily 4 or 5 hours long. Arcade, Survival and Time Attack modes are included. Then there's the HUGE training and tutorial mode that has you learning combos and commands for all the characters. (I've spent probably 6 or more hours on this mode alone and I'm not even through half the cast yet) Then there's touch fight which is basically a tapping the screen to win but unlocks "OMG" breast motion mode once you pass 5000 touches. There's also a spectator mode where you can pick two fighters and a stage and watch them fight it out while you manipulate the camera and take pictures. You can pause the action at any time for getting that ultimate, totally not pervy in any way, shot.

There's trophies for doing all that stuff and the game works really, really well on the Vita helped out by it's excellent d-pad.

Online is limited to a practice dojo, ad-hoc, simple and ranked matches. The netcode is very good but so far the wait times for finding other players in ranked is higher than I like. I'm hoping it's just because the game just came out but we'll see.

Overall it's a great port and certainly is in my list for "most fun" fighting game on the Vita.

All sounds really good. I'l def pick it up at some point. Might come to PS+ relatively quick though seeing as the PS3 one did.

Thanks for the info on it.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
man I hope Codemasters lose F1 license so someone else can give us good F1 games on Vita.

I want to ignore multi 21 on the go.

Summer of Vita continues

Terraria announced for the Summer, according to our very own kassatsu.

https://twitter.com/psnstores/status/317263070219091968

good,and at least they are serious about getting indie games.

I like this strategy better than Console games on the go,hopefully SCEJ see that MonHun clones strategy is already failed hard and try to change it.

Top Bottom