• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Cryptocurrency |OT| Nothing from Money

Drifters

The benefits I see are it being a junior LTC with ASIC resistant mining as you mentioned, one-click mining (something that's pretty new in the crypto AFAIK), decentralized p2p structure, and having a very solid team behind it. They're also doing well with the atomic swapping.
So the atomics are 1:1 without any fees and no shapeshift right? More coins need this.

Yo what's going with Bittrex rumors atm? Some posts are popping up on blockfolio

I just read the rumors you mentioned, that would really suck since I thought that Bittrex was always one of the better exchanges out there. I do have a few tokens on there that I was considering selling off once they went back up, I should probably move them out to wallets and move back once they have gone up to sell.

Cipherr

Have you seen the infighting in the NAV community? Good grief... coupled with the fact that Bittrex maintenance is basically every day now, I dumped that shit and didn't look back.

Christ...

God damn up $350+ after getting into VertCoin last week. I definitely see it as the next LTC at some point.

And when I invested that money in NAV I looked at NAV vs Vert and went NAV like an idiot. Vert immediately mooned.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
And when I invested that money in NAV I looked at NAV vs Vert and went NAV like an idiot. Vert immediately mooned.

It'll no doubt experience a pullback as all bullish runs do, but I'd definitely jump in soon.

Also, can you cast a delegate vote and get that sweet sweet Ark using their web wallet? Don't have access to a desktop besides my work pc which I'd rather not download a wallet on.

Drifters

Yo what's going with Bittrex rumors atm? Some posts are popping up on blockfolio

I just read the rumors you mentioned, that would really suck since I thought that Bittrex was always one of the better exchanges out there. I do have a few tokens on there that I was considering selling off once they went back up, I should probably move them out to wallets and move back once they have gone up to sell.

Oh fucking hell...... Bittrex may have not dealt with the fee's per transaction correctly which is why the trading on Bittrex has been so wonky compared to other exchanges. This now means that accounts are getting terminated and/or frozen due to "irregularities" found which is basically Bittrex's way of covering their asses. I would imagine that means large account holders that did a lot of high volume trading (or day-trading) will have been tagged because they were the whales that Bittrex lost the most coin to.

God.... what a nightmare!

Fake edit: Link: https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitc...e-to-thousands-of-mysterious-account-closings

Real edit #2: I'm shorting whatever I've got on Bittrex and moving it into my ARK or Exodus wallet as quick as I can; others, use your judgement.

And I just posted about Bittrex lol. It was always so talked about on here and they have the most alts so figured I would finally go in. Guess I dodged a bullet there.

Oh fucking hell...... Bittrex may have not dealt with the fee's per transaction correctly which is why the trading on Bittrex has been so wonky compared to other exchanges. This now means that accounts are getting terminated and/or frozen due to "irregularities" found which is basically Bittrex's way of covering their asses. I would imagine that means large account holders that did a lot of high volume trading (or day-trading) will have been tagged because they were the whales that Bittrex lost the most coin to.

God.... what a nightmare!

Fake edit: Link: https://cointelegraph.com/news/bitc...e-to-thousands-of-mysterious-account-closings

Oh WOW! That is huge if that is true, I would never expect that from them considering how reputable they are.

I've gotta get my ARK, BAT, and Pivx off of there pronto. What is a good ARK wallet to use since I have a decent amount of it?

The Pivx wallet sucks, ugh!!!!

Oh WOW! That is huge if that is true, I would never expect that from them considering how reputable they are.

I've gotta get my ARK, BAT, and Pivx off of there pronto. What is a good ARK wallet to use since I have a decent amount of it?

The Pivx wallet sucks, ugh!!!!

The official ArkClient wallet?

Drifters

Yes?

The ARK wallet is super easy to use and quite frankly, my only investments now are $ARK, $BAT, $ETH, $BTC and a handful of $CFI on Bittrex which I could care less about.

For the top 25 coins, I wouldn't leave those on the exchanges simply because of what is happening with Bittrex.

No joke. I'm going to go look at Kraken now since I don't to deal with that crap.
Only thing is Kraken succcccks. Their UI and just laggyness at times. I use it for entry and exit into FIAT.

The Binance Pro UI is great. But their volume is not so great. Bitfinex probably has the best UI and the options they have are insane. They have the volume. And if you are in the day trade game then volume is king.

Stellar Lumen is falling back down to earth a bit. Was up 120% last I checked a few hours ago and now "only" up 92% on the day. Also, if I am not mistaken the coin has not even touched its all time high on this IBM news. I don't know what happened back in May when it hit over 6 cents.

Yes?

The ARK wallet is super easy to use and quite frankly, my only investments now are $ARK, $BAT, $ETH, $BTC and a handful of $CFI on Bittrex which I could care less about.

For the top 25 coins, I wouldn't leave those on the exchanges simply because of what is happening with Bittrex.

Thanks! I had left these 3 on there since I was going to ditch BAT once it went up and the other two I was going to try and add more coins with some trading. I'll just get these off of here for right now since I don't need to lose money.

Does exporting the CSV file from the ARKclient create a offline wallet?

Cipherr

For altcoin trading all those of us in the U.S. really have is Bittrex, and the US side of Binance which is miniscule at the moment in terms of the coins it carries.

I would love to use Bitfinex, but they 'cut off' U.S. customers and basically released a note that said U.S. business is no longer allowed. Now they arent really enforcing that rule on basic accounts; but I wouldnt want to put 6k or so over there to swing trade and end up having them close my account leaving me with no recourse unless I can prove Im not a U.S. resident.... They might not be big enough assholes to do that, but why risk it.

It's a shame because I fucking love their sites layout and everything. It's so much better than Bittrex.

Edit: Wow at the timing on this:

From Bitfinex

rXFa9Vp.png

Ah fucking hell Bitrex.

Asked me for personal Info a day ago (my account is over 4 years old lol) which i couldn´t be arsed with to do. And now this. I don´t have anything on it it anyway right now, but would suck since it was pretty much the only exchange i used.

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
I moved my shit to my Nano S.. I like using Bittrex, I don't mind the layout at all. I haven't encountered any problems so far but hearing of these "issues" sucks.

Drifters

Shits ticking back up again it seems. I swear it was like a morning pre-work sell-off

Also

Some speculation on the reason behind the Bittrex account holds based on my research.

https://jamesthomascrypto.wordpress...n-for-the-bittrex-accounts-being-put-on-hold/

via Blockfolio: goo.gl/p95yia
Interesting read. Makes me wonder if they in effect were pack hunting whales or bot whales that were suppressing pricing of coins.

I was messing around with it last night, seems pretty straight forward. Does it allow you to create a wallet at all that can be stored to a USB?
Not to my knowledge as I believe it is software only. I believe the Nano S Ledger works with ARK as one of the 3 coins you can store on it.

Interesting read. Makes me wonder if they in effect were pack hunting whales or bot whales that were suppressing pricing of coins.

Not to my knowledge as I believe it is software only. I believe the Nano S Ledger works with ARK as one of the 3 coins you can store on it.

Thank you for the info. So what happens if this PC it is on happens to die, you lose your coins then correct or is it tied to my account?

Brohan

Thank you for the info. So what happens if this PC it is on happens to die, you lose your coins then correct or is it tied to my account?

Your passphrase is your wallet. The passphrase isn't saved on your pc. If your pc dies then just install the client on another computer and import your wallet.

Your passphrase is your wallet. The passphrase isn't saved on your pc. If your pc dies then just install the client on another computer and import your wallet.

Pretty sure as pointed out above, the passphrase is the wallet. Download ARK wallet, put phase in, get ark back on your wallet. Here is a list of all the FAQs:
https://blog.ark.io/ark-frequently-asked-questions-faq-bcb90a0537cc

Thank you guys! I should of gotten this off of Bittrex a month ago instead of leaving it there. Having all of these separate wallets can be annoying.

willow ve

So what exchange is actually worth using now for Americans?

Bitfinex is closing the door
Bittrex has issues
Binance has limited alt coverage

so

Poloniex?

Drifters

Thank you guys! I should of gotten this off of Bittrex a month ago instead of leaving it there. Having all of these separate wallets can be annoying.

As I've learned over the past few months of getting into this scene, follow the money. The coins that Exodus supports (and future ones) are ones hat have good project track records. ARK however, is the exception since their desktop wallet has been great and I haven't had any issues with it. That said, I've also limited the spread of investments near Top 50 coins as it shows dividends focusing your money. It is worth mentioning as well ARK is coming out with a mobile wallet there shortly. Exciting times.

Drifters

Bittrex has issues

so

Poloniex?

Yeah I'd like to hear some opinions from GAFFERS if Poloniex is worth while or not. The issue I have is it seems like Bittrex is he mecca of ICO's or rare Alt coins for US North American folks. Binance is there sure, but in terms of work flow, buy / sell management, Bittrex really is the Amazon of BTC right now.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Bittrex has issues

so

Poloniex?

Keep in mind that you can certainly buy on Bittrex without much concern. Just move your coins off of there as soon as you can if you have concerns about them (I do).

As I've learned over the past few months of getting into this scene, follow the money. The coins that Exodus supports (and future ones) are ones hat have good project track records. ARK however, is the exception since their desktop wallet has been great and I haven't had any issues with it. That said, I've also limited the spread of investments near Top 50 coins as it shows dividends focusing your money. It is worth mentioning as well ARK is coming out with a mobile wallet there shortly. Exciting times.

ARK has a very slick wallet for sure. Way better than the Pivx wallet that is out there, I don't like theirs that much.

The Neon wallet was very easy to use for sure, never had issues with that one.

I've been the same, just have my investments spread out in the top 50 coins right now.

When is the mobile wallet supposed to release?

Brandson

Keep in mind that you can certainly buy on Bittrex without much concern. Just move your coins off of there as soon as you can if you have concerns about them (I do).

I can't recommend using Bittrex until the present uncertainty with them is satisfactorily resolved. Not being in the altcoin market for a few days is not the end of the world.

nitewulf

Ok...you guys can help out with something. If I want to create a tranche of various cryptocurrencies (the affordable ones) and invest some money (disposable income). Which currencies would you guys pick?

commish

I can't recommend using Bittrex until the present uncertainty with them is satisfactorily resolved. Not being in the altcoin market for a few days is not the end of the world.

Maybe I'm not up to speed on Bittrex, but what is the current uncertainty? I know they were closing some accounts of certain people, but not sure what else is going on. It's all unfortunate because we have so few options.

Brandson

Ok...you guys can help out with something. If I want to create a tranche of various cryptocurrencies (the affordable ones) and invest some money (disposable income). Which currencies would you guys pick?

I'm only in ETH right now, because I want to make sure any crypto I buy is still being used and under active development 2+ years from now.

That said, if you want to take your chances with smaller coins, consider looking at QTUM, LINK, MTL, BAT, KNC, and AST. Some will go to 0, some might explode. Altcoins are risky.

Drifters

ARK has a very slick wallet for sure. Way better than the Pivx wallet that is out there, I don't like theirs that much.

The Neon wallet was very easy to use for sure, never had issues with that one.

I've been the same, just have my investments spread out in the top 50 coins right now.

When is the mobile wallet supposed to release?

ARK doesn't give dates.... which is kinda funny but I kinda admire them for it. I would imagine before Christmas but we'll have to see what they pump out before the end of the year. I do know that the ARK payment of transfer is supposed to be reduced here in the next 6-8 weeks from 0.1 ARK to 0.02 ARK which is nice.

Brandson

This is an exhaustive list of exchanges that I am presently not nervous about using:

Coinbase/GDAX
Gemini
Bitstamp
Kraken

Which of the above you can use depends on where you live. I can't presently recommend any other crypto exchanges at this time.

DrM

Redmond's Baby
This is an exhaustive list of exchanges that I am presently not nervous about using:

Coinbase/GDAX
Gemini
Bitstamp
Kraken

Which of the above you can use depends on where you live. I can't presently recommend any other crypto exchanges at this time.
I would also recommend Bitstamp, no issues with them whatsoever.
Plus they credit fiat deposits quite fast, but this could be due to a factor that I use the same bank as them.

Nice my buy order filled last night for OMG at $7.67 and now is at $8. Always nice to wake up to that the very few times it happens. Let's go OMG you damn stupid coin!

Brandson

Yeah but those issues aren't really a concern if you move your coins out of Bittrex after buying.

There was also the unexplained coordinated altcoin selloff initiated on Bittrex earlier this month, referenced in that article. And they don't have fiat pairs. All those things taken together is enough to turn me off for now.

I also am not presently recommending Binance because it's too new, and I consider it risky to have any assets sitting on an exchange located in China at this time. I mainly just need to see them operate smoothly for a longer period of time first.

The above are all risks which don't exist on the exchanges I listed, and I choose not to take unnecessary risks. It's as simple as that.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics

These kinds of questions are tough because everyone's just going to give you their portfolio so you join their train and profit from it.

The internet consensus (GAF+Reddit from what I read) is: Ark, Ethereum, Litecoin, Vertcoin, BAT. Link, WaltonChain, NEO, OmiseGO and a couple others.

I personally bailed from BAT due to their high market cap along with large total supply. The amount of tokens they have available keeps inflation high on it, but since GAF and Reddit talk about it I added it. I personally don't hold half of those I listed.

commish

There was also the unexplained coordinated altcoin selloff initiated on Bittrex earlier this month, referenced in that article. And they don't have fiat pairs. All those things taken together is enough to turn me off for now.

I also am not presently recommending Binance because it's too new, and I consider it risky to have any assets sitting on an exchange located in China at this time. I mainly just need to see them operate smoothly for a longer period of time first.

The above are all risks which don't exist on the exchanges I listed, and I choose not to take unnecessary risks. It's as simple as that.

Hey I totally hear you. I just don't have many other options! The only place I have no issues with is Gemini. Coinbase/Gdax are actually pretty good as well, tho the Coinbase fees are ridiculous and they overcharge for BTC/LTC/ETH. I think it's a great opportunity for a company to become the amazon of buy alts.

vehn

here's what they said... I think I'll keep my $ on it and keep using it.

https://support.bittrex.com/hc/en-us/articles/115002187632-Statement-on-disabled-accounts

We would like to address recent reports regarding Bittrex account suspensions.

We occasionally conduct compliance reviews and are working vigilantly to protect our service and our users from harm. As part of a compliance review, we have temporarily suspended certain accounts pending the completion of the review. The total number of suspended, closed, or banned accounts is very limited: less than 0.1% of the total accounts on Bittrex. More than 99.9% of Bittrex accounts are unaffected.

Any reports that Bittrex miscalculated or misapplied its exchange fees, that there is a security problem with the exchange, that Bittrex lost any coins stored on users’ behalf, or that Bittrex is banning people trying to access Slack to discuss the status of their accounts are incorrect. We are committed to making Bittrex a strong, safe, and compliant exchange where people can securely participate in the digital currency economy. We ask for patience from our highly valued customers. As for us, we plan to “keep calm, and carry on.”

Brandson

Top Bottom