• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT5| Zenophobia

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've caught up on the three filler episodes. Lots of fun moments, but I'd prefer to get back to the real story. Hopefully next episode is the start of the lead up to the multiversal tournament.

Vex_

Banned
Just because you all are old now that youve been watching dragonball for years doesnt mean that anime characters have to age too. Let the new fans of dragonball enjoy the casts' extended youth, you grannies!

I want them to age too :c

Let the next arc be the last arc of this segment of Super, with the fate of all universes at stake, then do a do-over of EoZ with the new Super plotlines woven in and move on from there.

They might end Super and start up a new post-EoZ show, though - that'd make sense to me.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
If they truly plan of going through with the destruction of all 11 Universes, then there goes the hefty amount of story content for the foreseeable future

Anth0ny

Cz2Uf2CUsAAV_Nt.jpg:large

what a time

to be alive

olympia

SSJ3 makes even Nappa look silly

Wait if the fate of the Universe is on the line, why don't they revive some of the villains such as Frieza, Dabura and Cell. I doubt they would try and double cross the others with Beerus there plus if they don't fight seriously not only will they die they will be completely erased from existanse due to Otherworld being part of the Universe.

ugh, who wants to have those guys around again

I don't think anyone should worry about Toriyama just getting rid of all of the universes, as mentioned earlier the promo stuff for the arc at Jump Festa has Super Shenron, so the prize for winning is probably a wish and Goku will probably just wish for all of the Univeses to be restored or some shit.
Then again after what Toriyama did with Trunks' timeline I could be totally wrong.
did they fix Beerus's personality
He was only more villainous for the BoG arc, he's pretty much the same as he was in the films now, if not nicer. He's great in comedy scenes.
EMnGSNP.gif

It's the best transformation in Z

It never accomplishes anything in the series! Goku invents a neat overclocking trick while he's dead but it has too many downsides to actually work in a real combat situation.

-He runs out of time fighting Buu, would have maybe beaten him
-Gotenks defuses faster, and it's only while fused that the two stand a chance against Super Buu
-Goku can't even use it fully when he's revived

The idea that it's the natural progression that all Saiyans can naturally gain eventually if they power up enough always sit badly with me as well. It always felt like a secret weapon Goku cooked up for a special occasion, and Gotenks used it because those two are little kids copying an adult.

Skeeter49

SSJ3 seemed better for Gotenks. From the Buu fight it appeared he could sustain it easier, even if it did affect his fusion.

It never accomplishes anything in the series! Goku invents a neat overclocking trick while he's dead but it has too many downsides to actually work in a real combat situation.

-He runs out of time fighting Buu, would have maybe beaten him
-Gotenks defuses faster, and it's only while fused that the two stand a chance against Super Buu
-Goku can't even use it fully when he's revived

The idea that it's the natural progression that all Saiyans can naturally gain eventually if they power up enough always sit badly with me as well. It always felt like a secret weapon Goku cooked up for a special occasion, and Gotenks used it because those two are little kids copying an adult.

Yeah. MasakoX of TFS fame did a pretty good video on how it's actually not a very useful form, never actually accomplished anything of note, and is ultimately just not worth it, hence why Vegeta never even bothered to try and obtain it

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Vegeta was completely pissy Goku hid it from him during their fight and I'm sure would have wanted it for himself to make him stronger.

He didn't have time to go for it between finding out about it and finally admitting Goku is better than him, which at that point feel he wouldn't go for it because of that not because of some sort of tactical advantage

I wish they would start doing a lot more clothing and battle damage again, Trunks needed to come out looking like Goku on Namek from fighting Black and Zamasu.

Vegeta was completely pissy Goku hid it from him during their fight and I'm sure would have wanted it for himself to make him stronger.

He didn't have time to go for it between finding out about it and finally admitting Goku is better than him, which at that point feel he wouldn't go for it because of that not because of some sort of tactical advantage
Nah, if Vegeta had time to study it, he'd have come to the same conclusions as he did the form Future Trunks used against Cell: more powerful yes, but too many downsides and too risky to bother with (just instead of speed, which SSJ3 doesn't have a problem with, the form's instead just too energy-consuming, inefficient, and powerful for its own good). That's just not Vegeta's style at all. He don't mess with that kinda garbage.

NeonZ

Even Bandai still uses the RoF outfits for some of the animated DB Heroes trailers for the Black arc. I don't get why Toei's staff and/or Toriyama suddenly thought that having iconic outfits was important.

olympia

Only problem is Goku's armbands should be a bit longer. Other than that it looks amazing, RoF outfits need to come back.

i think they look fine. agreed that they need to bring back the whis stuff.

They're making a new version of that figure of goku riding the bike, but his jacket has the whis symbol on the side of it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom