• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

An Inside Look at Marvel’s Spider-Man

Enjoy.

Go behind-the-scenes at Insomniac Games as they create an all-new, original Spider-Man story with a more experienced Peter Parker. See how the team at Insomniac Games, in collaboration with Marvel Games and PlayStation, is building a blockbuster action experience where Peter Parker and Spider-Man’s worlds collide.

I'm still blown away that Brian Intihar is the creative director for the game.

Hope it turns out great. Shame there's no new footage in this vid.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Visuals look good but hope they really polish these animations as they look a bit unnatural the way he switches between them:
CPH1g2L.gif

ld9tCFA.gif

BigEmil

Visuals look good but hope they really polish these animations as they look a bit unnatural the way he switches between them:
gif snip
It looks fine and this is a game not a movie so expect some gamey animations too in gameplay parts, it doesn't always have to be 100% cinematic movie crap especially in gameplay moments which would hinder the fun of it as that's most important in a videogame not to forget that, playability first

Crossing Eden

It looks fine and do remember this is a game so expect some gamey animations too in gameplay parts, it doesn't always have to be 100% cinematic stuff especially in gameplay moments
Yea that's not what I meant. I'm saying the animation blending doesn't seem to be where it should be at this stage and that I hope that's something they work on. Like how weightless it feels when he switches from swinging to wall running or how he stops the car on a dime seemingly ignoring the idea of momentum.

Yea that's not what I meant. I'm saying the animation blending doesn't seem to be where it should be at this stage and that I hope that's something they work on. Like how weightless it feels when he switches from swinging to wall running or how he stops the car on a dime seemingly ignoring the idea of momentum.
What stage is that?

Crossing Eden

What stage is that?
WIP.

That swinging looks really good
The swinging does it's the stiff blend to wall running take ruins it for me. The wallrunning in general seems weird to me as he seemingly ignores the geometry of every building, (did so on the crane as well in that QTE), but that's probably for playability.

Ubisoft stage.
Do you have anything to add to the discussion besides shitposting? ANYTHING of worth?

Gradly

I like the idea he’s already older and experienced so he won’t spend (or waste) time on learning or getting his powers

Servbot24

Banned
Looks really good overall. I hope the web swinging has momentum to it though, in the footage so far it seems like he just kind of glides.

Top Bottom