• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fortnite |OT| Earliest Access VS Husks

J3ffro

Nice OP, game was on my radar and I think I'll bite.

But one question:

What is the difference between a legendary hero and a rare hero? Is it purely stats, like is the max stats a hero can get higher (like in a Gacha game) or do they also have access to more/other powerful abilities?

From my understanding, every hero will likely have different abilities from the other heroes in its same class. The stars/quality of a hero dictate how high it can level.

taco543

So I got this on PC and tried to download on PS4 after likning accounts. But PS4 just says pre order. Help?

I'm in the opposite boat, ordered on psn but epic launcher just says pre order, I emailed them a little earlier still waiting on a response.

KodaRuss

For those that are having issues or concerns.

PSN Preloading is available for EU but not NA for some reason.

If you have already preordered in NA for some reason it does not show up on your purchase list.

Epic believes this will all be cleared up when the game officially launches.
Hopefully!

So if you pre ordered it's available tomorrow? It just says "pre release of the game" on the 21st. What does that even mean?

So excited for this game! Have had it pre ordered since the day it was available, and judging by Paragon's F2P method I trust Epic to have a good model here as well.

noomi

So wait....If I buy any edition on PC once I link my ps4 pro I will also have access to the game on my playstation? Also there is cross progression?!

Fucking A!

I haven't read much about the game, but I guess I am going to hop onto youtube now and do my research, see if I'll like it and all that.

The only thing that is making me a bit concerned are all these loot items and different types of pinatas. Daily pinatas, immediate pinates, boosts, items... etc

This is going to be a pay2win game isn't it? Certainly feels like it. Especially since they are announcing it will be f2p in 2018... I can just see all the micro transactions now

AppleMIX

So if you pre ordered it's available tomorrow? It just says "pre release of the game" on the 21st. What does that even mean?

So excited for this game! Have had it pre ordered since the day it was available, and judging by Paragon's F2P method I trust Epic to have a good model here as well.

If you pre-order the game, you can play it at 10AM EST July 21st

B-Dex

For those that are having issues or concerns.

PSN Preloading is available for EU but not NA for some reason.

If you have already preordered in NA for some reason it does not show up on your purchase list.

Epic believes this will all be cleared up when the game officially launches.
Hopefully!

I have it pre loaded on NA PSN. Just had to search it in the store again and it let me download it.

So wait....If I buy any edition on PC once I link my ps4 pro I will also have access to the game on my playstation? Also there is cross progression?!

Fucking A!

I haven't read much about the game, but I guess I am going to hop onto youtube now and do my research, see if I'll like it and all that.

The only thing that is making me a bit concerned are all these loot items and different types of pinatas. Daily pinatas, immediate pinates, boosts, items... etc

This is going to be a pay2win game isn't it? Certainly feels like it. Especially since they are announcing it will be f2p in 2018... I can just see all the micro transactions now

It's a loot game with varying rarities. Think Diablo meets Minecraft meets Orcs Must Die. The microtransactions are buying pinatas that give you loot. You also earn loot by playing and get in-game currency to buy pinatas.

B00TE

I don't for some reason. I even have my alpha email pulled up. Game just says "Launch" but is greyed out.

Yeah, same here. Been waiting for a bit, sent an email to their customer service an hour and a half ago but haven't heard anything back.

Anyone in the NA PS4 group, use the web store. I was able to start my fortnite download that way. The game doesn't have a timer, but when you log on, it will say you need the proof of purchase for the founders pack.

shiv_

I understand that you basically get cross-buy between PS4 and PC... How exactly does this work if I bought the physical version of the game for PS4? Does anyone know if I need the disc to play on PS4? Is there a code that will come with the physical edition that will allow me to link to my epic profile so that I can also play it on PC?

I understand that you basically get cross-buy between PS4 and PC... How exactly does this work if I bought the physical version of the game for PS4? Does anyone know if I need the disc to play on PS4? Is there a code that will come with the physical edition that will allow me to link to my epic profile so that I can also play it on PC?

I've been trying to get a concrete answer to this as well. According to this Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/FORTnITE/comments/6ocghq/retail_ps4_link_to_pc/ you should get a PC copy when you link to your physical copy, but I haven't seen any other confirmation besides that.

deoee

Weird, when I would search for it it makes me hit "Tell me More" and says that I already own the pack...

Mine lokos like this

TKP2PXM.png

Ok... I see it. In the NA PSN store under new games you should see Fortnite. Two fortnite items one that says PSN game. The other Fortnite full game that's where you find the download.

nicholasbrutal

Epic Games PR Manager
Watching streams, as soon as mission is done they are being removed from the map. So how do you build these "permanent" forts?

You have a permanent base called your "Outpost" in each region. You can keep building that outward, growing the Outpost in size as you progress. The "Outpost" has missions, too, and you can invite buddies in to help you defend against waves of monsters or even help you build up your fort (if you give them that access).

But stuff you build in other missions -- i.e. defend this "thing" -- are only built and designed for that instance.

RulkezX

Looks good on Twitch. I assume this is a game to play with friends though ? Doubt anyone I know will be all that into this.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
What the hell so weird. Got it to work. Thanks for the help.

I basically had to buy the game for $0.00 so it would let me download it.
Yikes... that was so odd. I swear that DL link wasn't there this morning. Well at least it's sorted out now. Was getting anxious.

Anyone want to sell me a ps4 key? 40 is a bit to much for my taste, just rubs me wrong when i know it's going f2p in a couple of months idk

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
dunno, i'm willing to try :D
Don't do that. I'll give you a key.

Obviously it won't be until some time tomorrow. Link your PSN to an EPIC account and PM me your PSN and EPIC account names (probably only need PSN actually) and I'll send it soon as I'm able.

Top Bottom