• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Marvel Future Fight |OT| To Me, My X-Men

The Kree

Banned
I've yet to make it past stage 8 of SL.
I think I keep blowing my best characters early on.

I'm guessing most people's strategy is to play the Relay modes, pick one strong character and then the other two for good synergy/bonuses?

Anyone care to share some of their preferred SL teams so I can get some ideas?

I should be taking notes of what works, but I haven't been. All I know is, try to pick someone who does high enough damage for the the floor/mode and make use of whatever leadership/team bonuses that make the most sense to support them. Hold off on using T2's as long as possible. Avoid the New Avengers because that team is fucking broken beyond belief.

I can't make it past 9 yet and that's with ten T2's. It's remarkable how so much of the roster is completely useless beyond the virtually inconsequential team bonuses.

-Digits-

I mostly use single characters in SL. Only exception is a 45% energy attack lead for my Ms. Marvel to beat a Loki boss floor and I use Elsa, Silk, Gwenpool together to get past one of the Speed floors. I can clear up to 15 now.

It's remarkable how so much of the roster is completely useless beyond the virtually inconsequential team bonuses.

Most of the characters are better than you give them credit for.

Here are some teams I've used to get past the first 10 stages (All T1, gears ranging from 17-20 for main attackers, most characters without ISO sets, always with best uniform equipped):

- Black Panther and/or White Tiger solo floor 1 with ease
- Armor Wars team (War Machine (L), Iron Man, Blingpin) for early combat rumbles
- Ronan (L) and 1* Black Dwarf for early universal relays
- Black Bolt (L) and Ghost Rider (Attilan uniform is a must) for early universal relays
- Hulkbuster (L), Hulk, Red Hulk for early speed relay (the one that's the same as floor 1 if it pops up again)
- Silk solo for early blast relay
- Luke Cage or Jessica Jones (L) + two strong combat characters (Venom, Giant Man, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Shang-Chi, or Blade) for early speed rumbles
- Wiccan (L), Hulkling, and Vision for Male/Hero relay
- Songbird solo for combat relay or rumble
-Yellowjacket solo double Destroyer villain floor
- Ultron (L), Red Skull, and another villain of choice for the double Destroyer villain floor

I've intentionally left the best characters off these teams. You all have T2 Sharon, so that's an easy floor clear. Loki is another even at T1. If you have Carnage, Hyperion, Enchantress, Ironheart, any BO characters, or Strange, you can solo a floor with them all as well. Then it comes down to the various characters you guys have chosen to T2. For me, T2 Widow clears the Loki stage. T2 Elsa can do any speed stage that doesn't have damage reflect. With Bullseye lead, she can do the Rocket boss stage as well. T2 Thor, Jane, Angela, and Captain Marvel can all wreck early stages too.

Small but important tip as well for those that have low rank Dr. Strange. His 2nd skill wipes off the buff on enemies that limits damage on each floor. Lets say you have no one to beat a villain stage. Bring in a strong character and throw Strange onto your team to use his 2 skill, then switch to your main character to finish the stage like normal.

Beating SL floor 15 weekly is a pretty big tipping point for this game and I highly recommend everyone works toward it.

In addition to Frostinferno's excellent post, here are a few teams I use for Shadowland:

War Machine, Rocket Raccoon (Lead), Iron Man - Early Combat Rumble
Singularity (Lead) Captain Marvel - Universal Relay (Captain Marvel could most likely solo if T2 with max SCD)
Groot solo (with Uniform) - Universal Relay
Winter Soldier (Lead), Ant-Man, Elektra - Blast Relay
Hulkbuster (Lead), Spider-Man, Yondu - Male/Super Hero Relay

Most if not all of your T2s should be able to solo floors by themselves(with some team bonuses obviously), my only T2 that I have trouble soloing with is BW. Aside from that there's some 6*s that can solo as well: Gwenpool, Loki, YJ, Ancient One, Enchantress, Wasp, and that's just the ones that I own myself.

My personal rule is to avoid rumbles like the plague and save the classes that you don't have a lot of, I have few combats and males so I avoid those missions until they're my only choice. And ALWAYS avoid the new avenger rumble, I don't know what's up with that one but it is ridiculously hard.

I'm currently on floor 11, with T2 Spider-Man, T2 Silk, and 6* Miles left. I should be able to wing it without using Silk, and hope she can solo one of the floor 12 stages.
I got stuck early last week as I didn't want to use my Blast characters too early and I ended up having used everyone save Sharon and AO, except there was no stage where they were relevant.

I have a number of recently upgraded 6* characters I should be able to use, except I haven't upgraded their skills yet. Typically, I just reached 6* with Yellow Jacket, Black Widow, Elsa and Satanna, but I have no idea how much I should upgrade which skills, which can be a huge money sink. Similarly, I haven't given them any ISO as I tend to wait for the right set, which is an even bigger money sink. What do you guys usually do for these 6* characters, what do you consider good enough for skills and gear levels?

I haven't managed to find a resource that describes what stages are active on each floor for the current week. I've seen an excel that lists all the possible permutations, but that doesn't help with my planning.

I have a number of recently upgraded 6* characters I should be able to use, except I haven't upgraded their skills yet. Typically, I just reached 6* with Yellow Jacket, Black Widow, Elsa and Satanna, but I have no idea how much I should upgrade which skills, which can be a huge money sink. Similarly, I haven't given them any ISO as I tend to wait for the right set, which is an even bigger money sink. What do you guys usually do for these 6* characters, what do you consider good enough for skills and gear levels?

Skills should be the last thing you put money into on your character, with the exception of buffs/shields/summons. Honestly, I would recommend you don't ever waste the gold on maxing out all skills on a character.

I have three T2 tickets left...

Current T2 characters: SR, Silk, IF, Elsa, Ant Man, Ancient One, Wasp, Nico, Strange, Proxima.
A Blast-heavy line up so although I'm tempted to T2 YJ I feel I should diversify.

I wanted to T2 Carnage but my bio selector ran out with his gears at 20/19/19/19 frustratingly and I don't think I want to drop another £8 finishing him off.
Who's the second best Combat character to T2, Moon Knight, She-Hulk or Cho?

Then I'm thinking T2 Gwenpool for another speed character, and Hellstorm to round out my universals?

The Kree

Banned
Most of the characters are better than you give them credit for.

Here are some teams I've used to get past the first 10 stages (All T1, gears ranging from 17-20 for main attackers, most characters without ISO sets, always with best uniform equipped):

- Black Panther and/or White Tiger solo floor 1 with ease
- Armor Wars team (War Machine (L), Iron Man, Blingpin) for early combat rumbles
- Ronan (L) and 1* Black Dwarf for early universal relays
- Black Bolt (L) and Ghost Rider (Attilan uniform is a must) for early universal relays
- Hulkbuster (L), Hulk, Red Hulk for early speed relay (the one that's the same as floor 1 if it pops up again)
- Silk solo for early blast relay
- Luke Cage or Jessica Jones (L) + two strong combat characters (Venom, Giant Man, Moon Knight, Iron Fist, Shang-Chi, or Blade) for early speed rumbles
- Wiccan (L), Hulkling, and Vision for Male/Hero relay
- Songbird solo for combat relay or rumble
-Yellowjacket solo double Destroyer villain floor
- Ultron (L), Red Skull, and another villain of choice for the double Destroyer villain floor

I've intentionally left the best characters off these teams. You all have T2 Sharon, so that's an easy floor clear. Loki is another even at T1. If you have Carnage, Hyperion, Enchantress, Ironheart, any BO characters, or Strange, you can solo a floor with them all as well. Then it comes down to the various characters you guys have chosen to T2. For me, T2 Widow clears the Loki stage. T2 Elsa can do any speed stage that doesn't have damage reflect. With Bullseye lead, she can do the Rocket boss stage as well. T2 Thor, Jane, Angela, and Captain Marvel can all wreck early stages too.

Small but important tip as well for those that have low rank Dr. Strange. His 2nd skill wipes off the buff on enemies that limits damage on each floor. Lets say you have no one to beat a villain stage. Bring in a strong character and throw Strange onto your team to use his 2 skill, then switch to your main character to finish the stage like normal.

Beating SL floor 15 weekly is a pretty big tipping point for this game and I highly recommend everyone works toward it.

Black Panther, White Tiger, Black Bolt, Ronan, Silk, Songbird, Elsa, and Yellowjacket are my Tier 2s, so they all go to waste in the early levels by your recommendations, which is what I've been doing anyway because everyone else I have at 6/6/60 are fairly useless.

Pejo

Yeah, Ironheart looks fantastic in motion. What I always hoped Ironman would be.

I agree with this. Iron Man plays like a statue in comparison. Ironheart's moveset is great.

I've been trying to beef up my T2 characters over the past few weeks so I can actually beat a World Boss. Came reallllly close with Corvus last week, but couldn't take him down that final time.

This black anti-matter is a real bottleneck.

I have three T2 tickets left...

Current T2 characters: SR, Silk, IF, Elsa, Ant Man, Ancient One, Wasp, Nico, Strange, Proxima.
A Blast-heavy line up so although I'm tempted to T2 YJ I feel I should diversify.

I wanted to T2 Carnage but my bio selector ran out with his gears at 20/19/19/19 frustratingly and I don't think I want to drop another £8 finishing him off.
Who's the second best Combat character to T2, Moon Knight, She-Hulk or Cho?

Then I'm thinking T2 Gwenpool for another speed character, and Hellstorm to round out my universals?

Shang-Chi I'd say. Gwenpool is an excellent choice if it's too early for Kate for you.

Black Panther, White Tiger, Black Bolt, Ronan, Silk, Songbird, Elsa, and Yellowjacket are my Tier 2s, so they all go to waste in the early levels by your recommendations, which is what I've been doing anyway because everyone else I have at 6/6/60 are fairly useless.

In that case, you could make use of characters like Iron Fist, Cap Marvel, Blade, Ancient One, Baron Mordo, Santana and Hellstorm (along with those in my last post you haven't T2'd). Your T2 characters are each capable of beating a floor either solo or with a leadership/team bonus, so that's half of what you need right there.

I've been trying to beef up my T2 characters over the past few weeks so I can actually beat a World Boss. Came reallllly close with Corvus last week, but couldn't take him down that final time.

Do you have 3-4 dodge ignore strikers?

Shang-Chi I'd say. Gwenpool is an excellent choice if it's too early for Kate for you.

Oh, damn. My Shang-Chi is only 4* and he's hard to farm so he's off the menu for a while.
I could T2 Cho or MK within a week or two. She-Hulk I just got to 6* so maxing her gears would take a while.

Pejo

Do you have 3-4 dodge ignore strikers?

I'll be totally honest. I don't understand how WB's truly work. I don't have a ton of strong characters, so I just take in Carnage, SharRog, and Wiccan. Sharon usually gets me pretty far before she dies, but then Carnage and Wiccan die pretty quick in comparison. Is there a tutorial somewhere for general WB strategy? (I'm going to feel like an ass if there's a good tutorial in-game)

I'll be totally honest. I don't understand how WB's truly work. I don't have a ton of strong characters, so I just take in Carnage, SharRog, and Wiccan. Sharon usually gets me pretty far before she dies, but then Carnage and Wiccan die pretty quick in comparison. Is there a tutorial somewhere for general WB strategy? (I'm going to feel like an ass if there's a good tutorial in-game)

Well for Corvus in particular, he has a high dodge rate, meaning that most of your attacks won't land on him, unless you have a few 'ignore dodge' strikers.
You know after you pick your main team of three, you then choose 5 characters as your allies? Black Widow, Mockingbird, Agent 13, Quake, Deathlok and Songbird all have the ally ability 'Ignore dodge 20%' which will counter Corvus' dodge, so equip as many of them as you can.
You have to have a character at six stars to use them as an ally/striker though, so you'll need at least three of those guys available ideally to help beat him.

http://www.mobirum.com/article/detail?cafeId=futurefight_en&bbsId=75&id=672437
Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

An extra special discount is coming your way! We are pleased to announce that the Age of Ultron Uniforms will be going on sale for 1 Gold! That's right, 1 Gold! You can now pick up these Antiques for just 1 Gold during the period. After that, they will go on sale for 500,000 Gold. Make sure to grab these whilst you can.

This seems great but this might mean that this is all they're willing to do about the uniform upgrade backlash AND it sets a dangerous precedent, now people will be less likely to buy outdated bad uniforms if they might become free later.

Yeah, I just saw that.
What this means in the long run is that they're willing to move uniforms from crystal purchases to gold purchases, and I'd expect more uniforms to eventually change currencies. I'm not expecting a huge backlash as you expect things to drop in "value" anyway as levels and systems inflate.

To be fair, that was the only way they could move forward without entirely retuning that ridiculous uniform system (which I'd have been fine with).

Ok, as a returning player after a long break, can someone remind me what T2 refers to? I have about three T2 tickets but I can't use them yet, what am I missing?

There's a new event with an event shop. Participation is 36 a day for all three missions, they yield ~200k gold and 45 event tokens. It will last for 14 days and a T2 ticket is 630, so you'll need to participate everyday to get the T2 ticket. There's a mega T2 for 800.

Ok, as a returning player after a long break, can someone remind me what T2 refers to? I have about three T2 tickets but I can't use them yet, what am I missing?
It's basically the character tier beyond Level 60 and 6 star mastery, which increases your stats further and gives you an additional passive skill.
To advance a character to Tier 2, it has to be level 60, have 6* mastery and have all gears level 20 (the biggest barrier IMO).

It's basically the character tier beyond Level 60 and 6 star mastery, which increases your stats further and gives you an additional passive skill.
To advance a character to Tier 2, it has to be level 60, have 6* mastery and have all gears level 20 (the biggest barrier IMO).

Ah, I see. Thank you.

Hmm, I got a lot of work to do.

Pejo

Well for Corvus in particular, he has a high dodge rate, meaning that most of your attacks won't land on him, unless you have a few 'ignore dodge' strikers.
You know after you pick your main team of three, you then choose 5 characters as your allies? Black Widow, Mockingbird, Agent 13, Quake, Deathlok and Songbird all have the ally ability 'Ignore dodge 20%' which will counter Corvus' dodge, so equip as many of them as you can.
You have to have a character at six stars to use them as an ally/striker though, so you'll need at least three of those guys available ideally to help beat him.

Ah, I think that's my problem then. I have a lot of 6*'s, but they all give pretty crappy buffs. I need to look at the good characters to raise for their buffs, seems like.

New Monsters Unleashes uniforms and characters (presumably) coming.

140ALNa.jpg

RlcxUJp.jpg

Wonder if this Elsa uni will be better than her old one.

The Kree

Banned
A whopping two biometrics. How generous.

Anybody who says Black Dwarf is beatable without Sharon Rogers is either lying or cheating.

I won't mind these 200 Bios.

Anybody who says Black Dwarf is beatable without Sharon Rogers is either lying or cheating.
I usually beat him 3-4 times a week. Besides Sharon, Ancient One can totally cheese him, while I've had success with characters like Loki, Carnage, BP, Silk or Hellstorm.

Sharon does physical damage so she's not even optimal. A powerful energy attacker shreds him, Sister Grimm, Captain Marvel, Songbird, etc. I just tested Marvel on him and she took him down in 1:00 without taking damage(to be fair my SG, Sharon, Proxima strikers do a lot as well).

This is assuming T2s obviously.

Drayco21

I'm consistently beating him with Ants/Hank/Yellowjacket and Ronan/Loki/Coulson now; he's the hardest non-Thanos WB for sure though.

Sagatron

Neo Member
So who is everyone working on at the moment?

As for me, I still have some gear to upgrade on Strange. He is at 17 down the board. Also need to add ISOs, but at this time I'm really lacking in good awakened ISOs for his Overdrive set.

I am also working on Kate Bishop. Have her at 6/6/58 with 17s on gears with 193 bios left. I want to use my last T2 ticket on her, but I think I may need more bios to get it done which will take some time to get in VS or daily selectors.

Next on my list is Cho, I just finished using a 6* ticket on him and getting his mastery up to 6* as well. Sitting on 330 bios and have yet to start his gear, ISO, or skill leveling. Need to save up some more gold before starting the process.

Working on Kate. Should be 6* by Thursday when I can get some bios from Shadowland reset. Hopefully will have enough bios left over to 20 all her gears but I doubt it.

Also working on Supergiant. She is 4* and ready for co-op.

Also I'm working on a build for Yondu so I can hopefully break 100k on Speed day Alliance Battle Extreme. Leveling up his costume so I can max out his Cooldown and Attack Speed. Trying to build a good Ignore Dodge obelisk for him too.

Working on Kate. Should be 6* by Thursday when I can get some bios from Shadowland reset. Hopefully will have enough bios left over to 20 all her gears but I doubt it.

Also working on Supergiant. She is 4* and ready for co-op.

Also I'm working on a build for Yondu so I can hopefully break 100k on Speed day Alliance Battle Extreme. Leveling up his costume so I can max out his Cooldown and Attack Speed. Trying to build a good Ignore Dodge obelisk for him too.

Kate can outdo Yondu at ABX. May want to save yourself the materials for uniform upgrading for someone else and just wait till Kate is ready.

-Digits-

As for me, I still have some gear to upgrade on Strange. He is at 17 down the board. Also need to add ISOs, but at this time I'm really lacking in good awakened ISOs for his Overdrive set.

I am also working on Kate Bishop. Have her at 6/6/58 with 17s on gears with 193 bios left. I want to use my last T2 ticket on her, but I think I may need more bios to get it done which will take some time to get in VS or daily selectors.

Next on my list is Cho, I just finished using a 6* ticket on him and getting his mastery up to 6* as well. Sitting on 330 bios and have yet to start his gear, ISO, or skill leveling. Need to save up some more gold before starting the process.

I just got E.Maw to 6/6/60 so all my gold is gone again. Finishing up Ironheart and will work on Kate's gears when I get my gold reserves up again.
It drives me nuts I have the materials to level up 4 BO chars but not the gold to do it.

Drayco21

I've been grinding my wheels making no progress anywhere for the last month. Still chipping away at the Epic Quest, need enough 6* BAM to get the next research objective.

Occasionally still working on finishing the New Avengers special missions.

Just finished Kate Bishop and going for Medusa next I guess, I really need more T2 tickets, several characters are ready but I have to keep giving it to the best ones. Luckily after this event period I SHOULD have 2 to spend so we'll see what I spend it on, I really don't know yet.

Just finished Kate Bishop and going for Medusa next I guess, I really need more T2 tickets, several characters are ready but I have to keep giving it to the best ones. Luckily after this event period I SHOULD have 2 to spend so we'll see what I spend it on, I really don't know yet.

As soon as you use them, the next patch will drop with a new meta character you'll need :p

Hadn't checked the thread much since my last post. I'll write down my SL clear teams this next reset to help people out. I have a lot of T2s (Rhyze in game if you want to check my teams), but I don't even use them all because I'm stingy in the first 10 floors and only use T1.

My standout T1s based on my roster (either solo or almost solo a floor with a distraction unit) in no order are:

Jane Thor (use her vs Loki with Lincoln Campbell)
Ancient One (any combat relay or rumble)
Songbird (any combat relay or rumble)
Destroyer (vs Destroyer)
Kingpin (vs Destroyer)
Floki (anything)
Wiccan (combat relay or rumble with 2 decoys)
Red Hulk with uniform (speed relay or rumble)
Kamala Khan (always use her in the opener)
Nebula (vs Destroyer)
Green Goblin (vs Destroyer)
Black Bolt (boss levels, universal relay)
Ulik (physical immunity on a short cd for speed relay and rumble)
Ghost Rider w/ uniform (universal relay)

All of these characters get used every week at T1 in my SL clear.

Getting Clea to 4* is absolute torture, two days in a row I haven't received a single ally shifter bio from my dark dimension runs.

A maxed out Strange is so near and yet so far.

Edit: Finally finished the Epic Quest! And I just 5/5 Black Dwarf, good times.

Top Bottom