• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quasar

So anyone very familiar with amazon and Australian customs?

I had a amazon package arrive at customs (in sydney) last Friday and from I can tell now 5 days later it still has not been released by customs to my courier for delivery. That seems like a bloody long time to me, and not something I've experienced before.

Is it that unusual?

woke up early to go to jb Hi fi today, lucky I did, they only shipped 4 copies of yakuza 0 and three were preordered, that'll teach me to not preorder for obscure japanese games

I had a amazon package arrive at customs (in sydney) last Friday and from I can tell now 5 days later it still has not been released by customs to my courier for delivery. That seems like a bloody long time to me, and not something I've experienced before.

Is it that unusual?
Super unusual, everytime I've ordered from amazon it arrives literally on the first day possible

woke up early to go to jb Hi fi today, lucky I did, they only shipped 4 copies of yakuza 0 and three were preordered, that'll teach me to not preorder for obscure japanese games
I went to JB for DQ8. They ordered only 3 copies, which were in a box out the back that they took ages to find.

I'm going on a special trip into Melbourne to buy Yakuza 0 and Resident Evil VII for a cheaper price at Target. Hopefully they aren't out of Yakuza 0.

I went to JB for DQ8. They ordered only 3 copies, which were in a box out the back that they took ages to find.

I'm going on a special trip into Melbourne to buy Yakuza 0 and Resident Evil VII for a cheaper price at Target. Hopefully they aren't out of Yakuza 0.
good luck with that, my target didn't have shit, but then again I live in bumfuck western Sydney so maybe that's why I couldn't get those sweet deals

Is it that unusual?
I once ordered carbon fibre replacement stick blades for ice hockey ('blade' just being the terminology for the angled part at the end of the stick):

JD7Gbu4.jpg

Customs thought they were weapons from the description and so sat on them for weeks lol. It would be like having blade servers be impounded as weapons haha. Funnily enough the actual blades on the bottom of skates (still not weapons, but are steel and need to be sharpened to cutting edges in order to work obviously) are referred to as 'runners', so importing those was no issue. Just embrace the bureaucracy :)

Quasar

Customs thought they were weapons from the description and so sat on them for weeks lol. It would be like having blade servers be impounded as weapons haha. Funnily enough the actual blades on the bottom of skates (still not weapons, but are steel and need to be sharpened to cutting edges in order to work obviously) are referred to as 'runners', so importing those was no issue. Just embrace the bureaucracy :)

:)

Well this is an Nvidia ShieldTV STB, so I'd think it would get through smoothly.

Is it that unusual?

I've had things where parcels arrive earlier than expected and just sit around until closer to the scheduled delivery.

I've had ones were Customs want their cut and will eventually contact you.

of course, there is now the GST being collected on imports from large companies doing more that $75K business in Australia, isn't there? If you haven't paid GST from Amazon, you might just be caught in the changeover (I dunno, new tax regime, so more checking, etc)

I've had things where parcels arrive earlier than expected and just sit around until closer to the scheduled delivery.

I've had ones were Customs want their cut and will eventually contact you.

of course, there is now the GST being collected on imports from large companies doing more that $75K business in Australia, isn't there? If you haven't paid GST from Amazon, you might just be caught in the changeover (I dunno, new tax regime, so more checking, etc)

supposdly that will come in to effect from July the 1st

Ebay and smaller retailers are going to become more populer im guessing

more to the point intrested to know if amazon do decicde to move in later in the year .....

more to the point intrested to know if amazon do decicde to move in later in the year .....

yep, July 1at. my bad.
I'm guessing a lot of companies will set up smaller subsidiary shells to get around the law.

yep, July 1at. my bad.
I'm guessing a lot of companies will set up smaller subsidiary shells to get around the law.

i hope they do i relly relly do other wise they will miss out on the cake lol but on the other hand if there main avanue includes pockting taxs and taking sales from smaller compneys this whole thing might pop for the indapendents

on theo ther hand compneys like OZgameshop who probbly arnt 100% held to AU consumer Law ( think they ship up to 75k a year price wise) if they are collecting taxs will that make them 100% at the mercey of our local Laws would be the big question ....?

Zavvis customer service is shite by the way so making them buckle under it would be some what entertaining

P.S who has a price and relase round up of games next month ?

mulac

Who are/what is a good reliable home security - alarms/cameras(?) etc company?

Asking for a friend...based in Sydney...

Quasar

I am curious to see how Amazon prices play out with both this and the local operation starting up not long after.

Will they even try to compete pricewise with the smaller retailers escape the tax net?

Anyway, another day passed and my Shield is still in customs hell from what I can tell.

senahorse

I am curious to see how Amazon prices play out with both this and the local operation starting up not long after.

Will they even try to compete pricewise with the smaller retailers escape the tax net?

Anyway, another day passed and my Shield is still in customs hell from what I can tell.

They were quoted recently saying something along the lines of "we want to beat local prices by 30%".

Better lineup than PAX has ever had.
Is it just panels? I feel old, but I honestly haven't seen anything of theirs since Red vs Blue. Do they do podcasts, skits, let's play videos? I honestly have no idea.

From the lineup I know Kojima, the Slomo guys, and Greg Miller. That's about it. Do I need to buy a cardigan? Shit.

Quasar

Is it just panels? I feel old, but I honestly haven't seen anything of theirs since Red vs Blue. Do they do podcasts, skits, let's play videos? I honestly have no idea.

Well they have made RWBY, a anime inspired show, for a good while that's pretty popular.

Funhaus and Achievement Hunter I was unfamiiar with. Those seem like videogame non-fictional shows.

All that media related stuff, yeah. They were basically Youtubers before that existed. Achievement Hunter is still quite popular, Funhaus seems to do well too.

I wish we got more P.A.N.I.C.S. :(

ManeKast

I broke both my feet so Australia day this year will be me and my PS4 Pro. I'm thinking BATTLEFIELD!

Yo, $60 posted/pickup Tales of Beseria on Big W Ebay. Got a $20 voucher randomly so yeah, picked it up for $40 sealed!

Have a safe and respectful Australia Day!

They were quoted recently saying something along the lines of "we want to beat local prices by 30%".

ouch were did you see that ?

I broke both my feet so Australia day this year will be me and my PS4 Pro. I'm thinking BATTLEFIELD!

Yo, $60 posted/pickup Tales of Beseria on Big W Ebay. Got a $20 voucher randomly so yeah, picked it up for $40 sealed!

Have a safe and respectful Australia Day!

wait this was you

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/25152...he-misses-hotel-pool-after-three-storey-leap/

got the perfect game for you Mane

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YD8IdhhQyaQ&t=194s

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom