• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

League of Legends |OT13| Diamond is Unreachable

Newt

Support ��
Mid lane ����������

Today I witnessed Talent's Zed, and I can honestly say it's worse than his Karma.

It's like at the level of me playing top, but he's playing his main role...

I think I have PTSD now.

zkylon

zkylewd
dragon_trainers_by_hozure-dayg5zp.png

rip swain

zkylon

zkylewd
lol i just got trashed by a cassi as ekko

i remember why i don't like this champion, i'm no good at melee mids

23qwerty

I'll be working then :(

if there's more than 1 game I might be home in time but I might be busy for a bit when I get home so idk

killatopak

Gold Member
Support used to be my main role. I've just grown to really despise the position.

Same

Not that I hate support and I even used to main it as well but I really don't want to get dragged by my adc or drag my adc down when either one of us plays shit.

That's why I like solo lanes/jungle. I get to take responsibility for my shitty or great plays with no one to blame or praise but myself.

yea that's a very relevant nerf

like, being able to oneshot ppl like this (old video) was pretty silly

i'm still confused why his winrate is so fucking low. he's got a bit of a skillfloor but it's hard to believe people are so shit at him while zed and leblanc do much better

maybe it's a scaling thing, but cassiopeia is doing fine and anivia is one of the best performing midlaners

it's weird

and seeing zed have such a high winrate kind of makes me want to try him again

specially now that leblanc is gonna be nerfed

tho i could just play midlane quinn

so one thing that actually is relevant is latency. It's much easier to use Ryze in competitive on low latency. I'm writing the patch notes context for Ryze so I can explain it full there when I've done my investigations

Ryze also has a ton of situational combos that people in low elos won't even bother memorizing and practicing so they can use it when necessary.

Ryze is like mage Riven where he's deceptively hard to master yet people think they can just pick him, EWEQ and win. Also his ult takes coordination which is not something you'll find down here.

Nev

Banned
9.8/10 OT. Lack of waifus approval.

I still main supp because I like having no responsibility. But again, that doesn't help me much in ranked games

You have the responsability to fix your awful soloQ team's mistakes. That is, if you play some meaningful support like Janna.

Shmuppers

I won't be around today for the inhouse T_T

If you're trying to climb as a support player in low elo, you SHOULD NOT play Janna. Play Karma/Brand/Annie/Malz

Sh1ner

Support has a lot of responsibility once you figured to play the role effectively.

Rough suggestions for new people who want to support:
Use champion.gg for items, build order, leveling order, counters
At bronze - silver, healers / mage / blitzcrank supports are definitely the way to go.
In silver 1 and above Janna is freelo.
Don't bother with thresh unless you are in Gold and played him a lot. Hes a playmaker that requires team mates to understand and follow through your actions.

I haven't pld Zyra on the new patch but the nerf is minor from what I read. Shes still going to be broken as fuck and you can still blow up adcs with a full combo at 6 with ignite on your own. Vel Koz is also a monster whos worth maining if you are looking for damage output and strong kill potential in lane.

faridmon

Yeah, I am learning how to play Malz so I can help the team more in dmg and am effectively at the back so I am closer to the adc once he needs peeling

I know there are lot of responsibilities when it comes to supps, but at least I don't have to be the one responsible for kills and orders which is a huge relief.

23qwerty

I haven't pld Zyra on the new patch but the nerf is minor from what I read. Shes still going to be broken as fuck and you can still blow up adcs with a full combo at 6 with ignite on your own. Vel Koz is also a monster whos worth maining if you are looking for damage output and strong kill potential in lane.
Yeah I haven't noticed much of a difference with zyra tbh

Sh1ner

Yeah I haven't noticed much of a difference with zyra tbh

Sweet, I am currently Gold 2, I been playing more siege recently but I assume I can get back into plat once I put the time in. Hopefully I can make it past plat 3 which was my highest.

Ok. This game, the zyra support was ragin and spamming ff for a while. I guess she was mad at my kog pick. She also noted that we have a squishy team and still locked in zyra support.

"Just protect Jinx, she is our only damage"
Me"lol, what?"

Post game damage chart
1042f1701e66c8f68f9db040ae2ab9d7.png

Lost the game, but this game is important because...........

Not only did I get my first ranked penta ever.

I got it with KOGGY!!!!!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

tumblr_m98qsn6KTf1reb29io1_500.gif

So I have 4800 IP and I think of buying a top laner and so far its between Shen, Maokai and Mordekaiser. I'm leaning towards Mordekaiser purely because other Mordekaiser on my teams have inspired me, but realistically I should be going Maokai right? But with the recent nerfs I'm not so sure.

Faker currently has more viewers than EU LCS ulu

Interestingly, that also mimics how we probably discussed Faker's stream in this thread more than the entirety of the EULCS so far in the LCS thread.

So I have 4800 IP and I think of buying a top laner and so far its between Shen, Maokai and Mordekaiser. I'm leaning towards Mordekaiser purely because other Mordekaiser on my teams have inspired me, but realistically I should be going Maokai right? But with the recent nerfs I'm not so sure.

Maokai will probably always be a solid tank to own just because his ult does the AoE % dmg reduction. I'm a weirdo that actually finds Maokai fun to play as well. But nerfs have not made him worse for solo queue.

Talents

Banned

Realistically you should become a Viktor main.

But for top laners Maokai is pretty good. Dunno how he'll be after his nerfs but it shouldn't hit him too badly. Just means you can't spam your Q until you get your frozen heart/iceborn gauntlet. He's the only top laner I play in ranked usually.

Just starting League for the first time. I went through a custom 1v1 just to mess around with things a bit and figure out a bit of spacing stuff, but couldn't select some of the free champs. Do they have lvl requirements?

Maokai will probably always be a solid tank to own just because his ult does the AoE % dmg reduction. I'm a weirdo that actually finds Maokai fun to play as well. But nerfs have not made him worse for solo queue.

Realistically you should become a Viktor main.

But for top laners Maokai is pretty good. Dunno how he'll be after his nerfs but it shouldn't hit him too badly. Just means you can't spam your Q until you get your frozen heart/iceborn gauntlet. He's the only top laner I play in ranked usually.

Maokai it is then, thanks.

drawkcaB

Do not get Maokai right now. Unless those PBE nerfs are undone (particularly the sapling nerf - he's lost 40 damage on every trade during lane phase for no compensation) he's done top lane. Riot Olaf'ed his ass until his tank update rework this Summer and no many people actually noticed.

Want a dependable top laner you can use in more match-ups and seems to have escaped people's (and more importantly Riot's) attention? Get Sion. Added bonus: I just saved you a wad of IP.

23qwerty

Just starting League for the first time. I went through a custom 1v1 just to mess around with things a bit and figure out a bit of spacing stuff, but couldn't select some of the free champs. Do they have lvl requirements?
until you hit level 5 (I think) you start out with a set of basic champions that every new player has access to. after that you have access to the free champs.

Nev

Banned
3/15 lucian sure why not

Loving them "autofilled ADC" who pick no-mastery Draven into Nocturne/Thresh. But hey he has the blue skin, such knowledge of the character.

Autofill keeps making this game awesome. Whoever was the genius behind that garbage should stop being a developer.

Do not get Maokai right now. Unless those PBE nerfs are undone (particularly the sapling nerf - he's lost 40 damage on every trade during lane phase for no compensation) he's done top lane. Riot Olaf'ed his ass until his tank update rework this Summer and no many people actually noticed.

Want a dependable top laner you can use in more match-ups and seems to have escaped people's (and more importantly Riot's) attention? Get Sion. Added bonus: I just saved you a wad of IP.

No get Yorick. And Swain.

Shmuppers

Kled is so much fun.

I just wish his W was an ability I could activate.

until you hit level 5 (I think) you start out with a set of basic champions that every new player has access to. after that you have access to the free champs.

It's level 6

Shmuppers

If you're trying to learn top I think Yorick is your best bet. Pretty forgiving to play, great split pusher, and some good catch-out potential with his wall

plus he's metal af

It's not that no one has noticed Maokai got fucked, its just that no one really cares.

Good fucking riddance.

Newt

Tanks really shouldn't be doing damage without investing in at least some offensive items.

They should force Maokai to go ROA.

Tanks really shouldn't be doing damage without investing in at least some offensive items.

Then they become glorified pillows in teamfights.

Tanks SHOULD be able to do damage to squishies, but they shouldnt be able to scale that damage to egregious levels, whilst keeping it consistent enough that they can do the same relative damage to squishies throughout the match.

Top Bottom