• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 - PS4 Edition |OT| Logan's Last Ride

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
I almost hate to give any netcode impressions because everyone's connection is different, but it really does seem to be a best-case scenario for the SF4 style netcode. I wonder if the CPU being overloaded on the last-gen consoles contributed to more input delay than was theoretically necessary.

Otherwise, wow does the game look damned sharp. It seems almost all the 2D assets like UI, art, and Heroes & Heralds card art have been adapted to 1080p with great care.

smurfx

get some go again
damn trying to get used to using the hori fightpad. used to pressing two buttons at the same time with my right hand and the pad makes it hard to hit my top right button. the control layout catches my finger and it's thicker. gonna wait and see if the madcatz pad is better. at least the d-pad will be familiar. not really liking the cross dpad too much.

shaowebb

No hitbox viewer, but we got the artbook.

Still no local offline Heroes and Heralds mode. Still have to unlock the HH alts. Still have to unlock all 104 HH cards. No idea on glitches like TAC yet.

MrCarter

『Inaba Resident』;225948245 said:
It looks like Capcom did if no other dev is mentioned at all.

Yeah it seems that way. Capcom is hitting it out of the park right now it seems. MVC3 port, SFV Season 2, MvC: Infinite and Resident Evil 7 all within a year.

S1kkZ

No hitbox viewer, but we got the artbook.

Still no local offline Heroes and Heralds mode. Still have to unlock the HH alts. Still have to unlock all 104 HH cards. No idea on glitches like TAC yet.

is there any studio mentioned in the credits? doing the port i mean. i just want to make sure high voltage didnt work on this.
edit: looks like capcom did it.

So far I've only done player match. It does look amazing on 1080p, but everyone I've played so far either is too good, very bad, or I've had bad connections with so I've not had a real back and forth good match with anyone. It does feel better than the 360/PS3 versions already though.

It would seem we got some redux stages at least.

ZucewWC.jpg

Holy shit, looks like they added at least two new characters as well!

You have to delete all saved data from the cartridge. At least that's what I had to do when I played it on a different Vita.

How do I do that? I deleted the bubble off my original Vita ages ago. I try it in my new Vita and nothing happens; not even an error message. I don't have an account connected to the new one if that means anything.

The UMvC3 online experience has always been a awful combo of mediocre netcode and terrible matchmaking.

The network quality bars are hilariously inconsistent, so you can't even take it into your own hands.

FSLink

Banned
The UMvC3 online experience has always been a awful combo of mediocre netcode and terrible matchmaking.

The network quality bars are hilariously inconsistent, so you can't even take it into your own hands.

Yeah no way those are actually 5 bars. I'm in Hawaii!

shaowebb

Anyone remember how to do the DLC costume glitch to give Magneto his alt? I'm curious if it still works in this.

bigkrev

Did 3 ranked matches. First was a crawl from start to finish that was basically unplayable, the other 2 were flawless without a hint of lag or any hitches at all

BBboy20

Did 3 ranked matches. First was a crawl from start to finish that was basically unplayable, the other 2 were flawless without a hint of lag or any hitches at all
Online matches never seem consistent in fighters, do they?

Never got Ultimate after...kind-of became discouraged continuing with the main game and did not like the idea of buying the same game for additional characters but hey, here I am now...while I wait for other games to install...

TWILT

Banned
Playing this game for the first time in a month. I'm supposed to be on break from fightings for a while, but I can make an exception for Marvel. And man. I miss this silly game. I miss it so fucking much. ;_;

shaowebb

Playing this game for the first time in a month. I'm supposed to be on break from fightings for a while, but I can make an exception for Marvel. And man. I miss this silly game. I miss it so fucking much. ;_;

I hadn't played in YEARS till today. I ditched right before Morridoom. Felt the game going the opposite of what I had expected in terms of balance. Had no idea how broke it would get.

Still enjoying it after all this time now that I dont hold any expectations of it being balanced. No regrets. Lead me to half a decade of exploring every fighter under the sun and finding so many crazy things to experience. Now I'm back to Marvel...and I plan to go full tier whore if I can. Lets see what these games feels like with a decent team for once.

Needlecrash

I see some of you guys talking about sticks. What I would recommend is to get yourself a Brook Universal Fighting PCB that plays ps3, PS4, pc, xbox one and 360 as well as wii u. Saves you money while future proofing your stick. Just an FYI.

I see some of you guys talking about sticks. What I would recommend is to get yourself a Brook Universal Fighting PCB that plays ps3, PS4, pc, xbox one and 360 as well as wii u. Saves you money while future proofing your stick. Just an FYI.

Sweet, I'll use it like I did to play SF3 with an XBox controller at Evo because I like to be DIFFICULT

Top Bottom