• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Hearthstone |OT10| Ultimate Infuriation

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
NGMQLLg.jpg

Opponent used the 3 drop prince and copied something that would go to me at the end of the turn ��

Also this brawl deck had two Shatters in it

Bunga

Guys I have 7.5k dust and want to craft some stuff. What DK's are a safest crafts bearing in mind the nerfs coming? I have Hunter and Warrior at the moment.

I don't have Lyra, Raza or Kazakus so going with Anduin would be unaffordable basically if I wanted to round out that deck. Don't wanna spend all my dust on one thing if I can avoid it.

I'm leaning on Warlock/Mage. Considered druid but with the innervate nerf coming I'm hesitant. I've also historically loved playing Paladin and it's probably my most complete collection so I wonder about Uther.

Hm

Hmm yeah

Priest meta is not gonna be fun next week. I hope you all are happy. Druids were the last line of defense. Finally Priests will be in the spotlight, and it's gonna be nasty af

Ikkarus

Hm

Hmm yeah

Priest meta is not gonna be fun next week. I hope you all are happy. Druids were the last line of defense. Finally Priests will be in the spotlight, and it's gonna be nasty af
I would happily have a priest meta over a druid one any day.

Druid has consistently been in the top tiers since HS began. It's time for the priest to shine for a while.

Pooya

So we priest players finally get our revenge, muahahahahaha!
But seriously, it can't get worse than pirate warrior and jade druid.

It is worse honestly. Priest is very random and infuriating. With those decks you know exactly what they can do on their turn so you just play the game and try to find an edge.

You can't play around 30 different cards and everyone has their own different version and every one of those can completely destroy you depending on the situation. Oh, of course they will get even more random cards as the game goes on. It's very bad for the health of the game. We already saw how awful reno decks are for the game back in MSoG. Everybody hated that shit near the end. It's not a new thing. We already know how bad it is.

We now know that a highlander deck is not a major restriction in hearthstone with 30 cards so they probably should stop printing broken AF cards with that condition. You don't exactly lose much in these decks and you gain a whole lot more than what you lose.

I'm likely going to leave the game until next set and maybe play some shadowverse in this time until this priest shit is hopefully sorted out next set. If not, next year. I just can't have any fun if 20-30 percent of meta is priest. It's already around 20 percent, it's only going to go up.

fertygo

I fucking hate prince keleseth.. that card just as dumb as patches

Not as powerful because you can only get keleseth on mulligan so many times but its still stupid af because you got uphill battle if they does get keleseth early

So stupid

manhack

I'm not convinced that priest is going to be the end all be all. There will still be aggro and mid-range decks that can outdraw/outrace the highlander decks. The new meta isn't even here yet so it is hard to say.

I haven't been playing as much since getting burned out from the Legend grind last month, but looking forward to jumping into the fray this weekend and testing out some post-nerf decks next week.

Tunoku

Aw yeah, my first 12:

Rest of the deck:

Deck was the nuts. I had some matches where I played like shit, but the deck still managed to pull it off. Infest felt rad, but I'm actually not sure if it was just a win more card. I'm leaning towards OK on parity and obviously amazing when ahead.

Blizzard

Banned
I fucking hate prince keleseth.. that card just as dumb as patches

Not as powerful because you can only get keleseth on mulligan so many times but its still stupid af because you got uphill battle if they does get keleseth early

So stupid
Everyone including me considered the 3 princes basically garbage when they were announced.

We have gone to a point where one of them is being compared to Patches. :| I really don't think they're a major concern.

Tunoku

I just opened my third UI. Thinking about just letting it sit in my Collection for now in case they still do another nerf. Just gonna make it awkward to dust my other extra stuff in meantime.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Whoever designed the shaman deck in brawl needs a talking to

IceMarker

I am forever sub-10 this month, but I'm not gonna succumb to the T1 bullshit. I get more self-satisfaction from winning with T2 and below.

Doesn't make the struggle any less real.

wiibomb

I just opened my third UI. Thinking about just letting it sit in my Collection for now in case they still do another nerf. Just gonna make it awkward to dust my other extra stuff in meantime.

that's convenient. I didn't disenchant my extra spreading plagues and I'm about to bank next monday 400 from 4 copies I have and 800 from 1 golden

that card might see a nerf, so I think it is convenient to let it sit.

Pooya

rogue and warlock match ups are almost all red lol.

as you can see there, raza priest is not reliably counterable. Exodia mage is the best counter lol. It will be same story with a different class.

Best case scenario, DMH warrior becomes popular to counter raza priest. Kill me now. Who wants to play that meta. Blizzard needs to take a hint that infinite resources are not interesting and destructive to the game even those that might seem slow or not viable should never be printed. No one has time for that shit. It's not fun. Whether it's DMH, Jade Idol or Anduin hero power. You play your cards, it's done. you don't get to do the same thing forever. Game should have a limit, value should have a meaning. Not have one card undermining all of that.

IceMarker

What deck(s) you playing now?

Been trying to push with T2 decks like Control Warlock, Control Mage, and Token/Evolve Shaman. Most games I've lost against Innvervate + anything tempo swings and Razakus machine gunning me down before I can pressure hard enough, although I have the most luck with Shaman for Priest match ups.

manhack

Been trying to push with T2 decks like Control Warlock, Control Mage, and Token/Evolve Shaman. Most games I've lost against Innvervate + anything tempo swings and Razakus machine gunning me down before I can pressure hard enough, although I have the most luck with Shaman for Priest match ups.

Yeah the struggle is real. Shaman seems the best Tier 2 deck at the moment. Had a lot of success with it, but it depends how many decks are running anti-token technology.

Mirror Jaina in the brawl took forever. Shatter on the dragon, and freezing and healing everywhere.

Almost went to fatigue but I got Elise from a frozen champion. That plus a 6/6 Pyros gave me enough board control to win. Good thing I took burn with glyph.

ZeroX03

Banned
Hoping Token Shaman is still playable post-nerf. Priest matchup isn't the best so we'll see how other matchups shake out.

Currently storming up the ranks for the month with Aggro Druid because it's so damn quick and easy.

oh yep they're still trying to make Freeze Shaman thing

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I've been playing that Wild Naga/Giants deck in a couple different flavors. Both the Hunter one (Tracking and that new 2/2 that discovers from your deck are REALLY GOOD, you guys) and the obvious Druid one with the Druid Quest (I had it, but sure as hell don't craft it for this).

The druid deck is lot more brain dead in terms of plays. It has basically nothing else in the deck but ramp, draw and the Naga/Giants package. However since it runs Arcane Giants and might or might not run Clockwork ones, you can actually be fairly confident you can play the various Giants normally by turns 5 or so.

The hunter deck has a lot more things you can do with it, but might rely on your opponent's play a bit too much to be viable long term. DK Rexxar is good in that deck though. Throwing out a board of giants that gets brawled, twisted or other board clear'd would basically be GG, but with the DK you can then start throwing out Zombeasts and if you happen to have the other Naga, then you get discounts on your OP zombeasts too. The deck is more interesting to play for sure. Not sure if it's better, but I'm having more fun with it.

I just wonder what the thought process was. Like, is this how Blizzard sees Shaman? A deck with a bunch of removal, minimal board presence and no win condition?

The only silver lining is that reddit is already memeing it so maybe Blizzard will get the hint early this time.

manhack

I just wonder what the thought process was. Like, is this how Blizzard sees Shaman? A deck with a bunch of removal, minimal board presence and no win condition?

The only silver lining is that reddit is already memeing it so maybe Blizzard will get the hint early this time.

I was under the impression these deck recipes were just a jumping off point for casual players who don't tend to follow meta-game reports and needed to be optimized through play testing and acquiring new cards.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
and primordial drakes.

warlock is a good against priests, and if you drop the warlock DK early, priests generally loses from starving on cards and the DK warlock hero power.

I love dropping my Warlock DK first then Priest responds with theirs and takes out my entire board and nothing ever stick again because of their new hero power

wiibomb

I love dropping my Warlock DK first then Priest responds with theirs and takes out my entire board and nothing ever stick again because of their new hero power

the don't kill void walkers or despicable dreadlords. the can't deal with a big twilight drake and they majorly suffer from a primordial drake (if a warlock ever runs one).

with a well placed board they can't even play the DK card or they take a lot damage to face. also, DK anduin is terrible at healing, depending too much on greater healing potion, the warlock DK hero can potentially outrun him because of the damage + heal of each turn which becomes really heavy for priests.

some mistakes I see people do is to try to fight for board when DK anduin is just hitting face. sometimes is better to hit face with DK guldan hero power and everything I can throw to the board (bonus points when the opponent tries to kill the board instead of killing you.)

Top Bottom