• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam: Perils of Summer Sale from June 24 to July 4 (Save up to 95% off)

Servbot #42

Unconfirmed Member
So is Thief: Deadly Shadows any good? I heard it was developed thinking on consoles first which caused the quality to drop compared to the earlier titles, very much like Deus Ex 2. Also will it run well on a crappy geforce 6200 (yeah...)

RedSwirl

Huh. On the subject, Amazon.com actually still carries new copies of Theif II - for less than $20 at that. Only question after that is how to get it running on Vista.

Can't believe some of you are complaining. It was pretty much known it would be a recap day as that's what they've done in the past.

Go play some games you've bought in the past week and it will take your mind off of the daily deals.

sundrenched

Neo Member
Another question here, have Telltale complete pack's been cheaper than 50% off? I'm thinking whether I should get it, but I doubt I'll play it anytime soon, so should I wait for the holiday sale instead?

All right all right, let's all lay off the newbies who just got their Steam-cherries popped. This thread isn't exactly easy to read from front to back. ;p Now they know!

RedSwirl

Cronen said:
What's Red Faction: Guerrilla like? Worth the £3.75?

It's a steal at $5 American. You'll get at least 20-30 hours of genuinely fun sandbox gameplay based around procedural destruction physics found in pretty much no other game.

DirtRiver

Damage done: 55.55 euros. When this all started, I promised myself I would only spend 25 euros at best (and it was already too much money to spend)

Fuck you steam.

Games i bought:

Introversion Pack
Lead and Gold
Max Payne Bundle (only regret)
Eve Online
Flatout UC
Killing Floor
Borderlands (with the Armory of wathever dlc)
Freedom Force Pack
Ben There Dan That and Time Gentlemen Please
Left 4 Dead
One of those Indie Packs with 4 games (Eets, Ragdoll Kung Fu, Geometry Wars and another one)
Star Wars Empire at War

Total games: 21 games (o_O)

Apath

If anyone has a Borderlands 4-Pack pool running, I'll be willing to join in. :D So far I plan on getting Civ IV Complete, Borderlands, and Thief 3. If Torchlight were up, I'd get it too.

I'd also go in on a Left 4 Dead 2 4-pack.

Lumine

I think that's it for me. Can't find anything outside the daily deals I really want. It'll just end up sitting in my backlog. Unless someone manages to convince me otherwise that is. :p

During the sales I picked up:

Bioshock 2
Borderlands
Devil May Cry 4
Shatter

Not too bad. Too bad I missed out on the Witcher but oh well. See you guys next time. :p

careksims

Well since it's a repeat. I told myself on the last day I will get Dawn of Discovery Gold. I just know the time I will spend on this game will beyond the $20.09 I spent.

I am torn between getting Global Agenda and Stalker Cry of Pripyat...the concept of Global Agenda seems fun, but the reviews aren't too reassuring :(

Anyone here play Global Agenda? Is it worth it?

~Kinggi~

Banned
So my purchases for today (and final purchases for a while)

Monkey Island 2 SE
Monkey Island 1 SE
Trine
Dark Fall Lost souls
Machinarium
Killing Floor

39$

Total sales i must have bought like 40 games.

Hinomura

SirPenguin said:
When it freezes, how do you get out of the game? Do you have to shut your whole computer off or what?
PC reboots itself... it's the only game which behaves this way.

Ie I'm playing Just Cause 2 with no issues. I played a bit of Arma II with almost photorealistic settings with no problem... I've tried many other games with highest settings (RE5, Trackmania Forever, Ghostbusters, Beat Hazard, Max and the Magic Marker, Defcon), PCSX2 emulator, and so on, no issues. Working with gfx is flawless too (destkop publishing, vector and bitmap graphics).

But Borderlands is a different story... Once settled the best way I can (no nHancer, latest official nvida whql drivers, no beta, no non-whql)..
- Beginning of the single player game, when the last vehicle starts spinning and there's an explosion... if I'm too close to it (looking at it), it freezes 100%.
- Zooming a close enemy and killing it while blood is splattering, it freezes (very often)
- One of the first missions, when you have to "free your way" with dynamite like switch (three explosions), again, if too close and looking at it, 100% freezing.

Max GPU temperature at about 65° Celsius (149 Fahrenheit).
Max CPU temperature at about 60° Celsius (140 Fahrenheit).

CPU got Zalman dissipator + fan, GTX275 is the MSI twin frozr which features double fan. Case got another extra fan too.

Suairyu

Banned
Everyone make recommendations for games that haven't been daily deals but are still at such a low price they are a steal!

EDIT - Grawr Sega MegaDrive games clogging up my <£4 deals page. Get those overpriced emulations out of here!

kswiston

Shambles said:
When you gift stuff do you go over steam names or user names?

I add people to my friends list using their user name. Makes gifting easier. You can use email as well, but I have had people sit on gift invitations for months. Sort of annoying, as I am never sure if they received the email or not.

EDIT: Man I can't write today... I blame the heat.

BANG_ON.gif

Heh, nice round number!

vocab

Mafro said:
How big is the Monkey Island complete pack download?

1.06 gigs

My final purchases today

Men of War
Darwinia
Uplink
DEFCON
Multiwinia
Thief: Deadly Shadows
King's Bounty: Armored Princess
NecroVisioN
Cryostasis

Final tally:

• Company of Heroes $4.99
  • Civ IV Complete $9.99
  • KB: The Legend: $3.24
$18.22 total. Not bad considering the timesinks that KB and Civ IV are going to be. Now I will lay dormant again until the christmas sale.

Well, I guess I'm fucked. I tried buying Red Faction Guerrilla from the US site (I'm in Australia) and it kept telling me my billing address didn't match my country, even when I changed it so it did. I guess I tried too many times because now it just keeps saying "There has been an internal error initializing your transaction. Please contact support for assistance."

Has that happened to anyone before? If I try to contact support are they going to ban me or something? I've definitely bought things from the US and UK sites before and this hasn't happened.

Ledsen

sundrenched said:
Hmm how is Trine?

Looks pretty good but I fear it's gonna be: Me starting the game and going, "Cool puzzle time", and then a horde of enemies appear. After dispatching those and staring at the puzzle for a while longer, another horde of enemies appear. :(

I like to puzzles and combats to be in different sections...

Puzzles? It's a platform game.

Truespeed said:
I haven't played the game, but it should be noted that it employs the anti-laptop protection scheme.

There's no reason whatsoever that a game shouldn't work on a laptop. It's probably an old warning from when the game was new and most laptops were shitty-

I felt bad not buying killing floor last week so it;s now in my basket along with FUEL, another game I felt bad about missing out on last time gaffers played it.

I am still looking for someone in america to help with scourge project and if they can gift it for an exchange of game or paypal, it should be $5 usd. :D

~Kinggi~ said:
fuck i forgot about the whispered world. Damn its 15 $ for USA

Hey, if you want to buy me RollerCoaster Tycoon 3 Platinum or whatever its called and gift me it, I'll buy you whispered world and gift it... makes it about $10 your end...?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
So tempting to get borderlands+dlc but I already have it for PS3, barely have played it...worth to get on PC and play it there instead?

Other items in my cart are GTA4, World of Goo and Overlord

Big-E

Fuck, no X3 again. Damn it. Double dipping on L4D2, $10 for the superior version is too good to pass up for a second time. Opinions on Darkstar One as that is the only other purchase I will make potentially, that and Trine.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Diablohead said:
I felt bad not buying killing floor last week so it;s now in my basket along with FUEL, another game I felt bad about missing out on last time gaffers played it.

I am still looking for someone in america to help with scourge project and if they can gift it for an exchange of game or paypal, it should be $5 usd. :D

Sure, I'll do it!

I was planning on buying Killing Floor which is the exact same price on the US store. Want to gift me that in exchange?

Danneee

A couple of games richer after this sale then:
Flotilla
Monkey Island Pack
Sam & Max Season 3
Flatout UC
Beat Hazard
Bioshock 2
Borderlands + Armory & Zombie DLC
Just Cause 2 Black Market + Hovercraft DLC
Overlord Pack
Introversion Pack
Necrovision
Cryostasis
Zeno Clash
Thief 3
Ghostbusters
Audiosurf
Broken Sword 2
Shatter
Full Pipe
PB Winterbottom
Gothic Pack
Kings Bounty
Company of Heroes

Holy crap on a stick, 34 games, and to think I was even conteplating buying Silent Hunter 4 and Settlers 6 too haha.

Gexecuter said:
So is Thief: Deadly Shadows any good? I heard it was developed thinking on consoles first which caused the quality to drop compared to the earlier titles, very much like Deus Ex 2. Also will it run well on a crappy geforce 6200 (yeah...)

It's very good. Not anywhere near the hatchet job done on DX2.

Top Bottom