• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Enhanced Games - Full List of Titles and Details

Shadow of War will be native 4k/30fps. No HDR support
http://wccftech.com/monolith-shadow-of-war-native-4k-xb1x/

From the design director

Umm, I was at E3, and the person there told me that it DOES have HDR support.

Also, at no point in that article does it ever say the game will not have HDR support. They say HDR support will not be "reserved" for consoles, as in only be available on consoles, but somehow not available on PC. That's been happening a few times since HDR support started hitting consoles to the dissatisfaction of many PC gamers.

Alexious

From the design director

Actually, he said HDR will be available on both consoles and PC.

A few games to add to the list

Battlerite
Brawlout
Dark and Light
The Darwin Project
Dunk Lords
Fable Fortune
Ghost Recon Wildlands
Killing Floor 2
Life is Strange Before The Storm
Minion Masters: Forced to Duel
Observer
Ooblets
Osiris: New Dawn
Project Cars 2
ReCore
Riverbond
Robocraft Infinity
Shift
Strange Brigade
Surviving Mars
Tacoma
Unruly Heroes

Mind if I ask where did you find this info?

93xfan

Banned
Halo 5 and Halo MCC both are absent.

Apparently second place by a wide margin does little to humble this company.

darkinstinct

...lacks reading comprehension.

Halo 5 will automatically run at full resolution on Scorpio (1080p instead of dynamic resolution) so that's good enough for me.

Shadow of War having 4K but no HDR would be super weird, and super shitty

They said "it's not reserved for consoles" as in "it is coming to PC as well".

Gestault

It looks like you misread that, re: "no HDR support"

We also got confirmation that High Dynamic Range (HDR) support won't be reserved to consoles, which is a weird and somewhat disturbing trend of late.

That means HDR is on both consoles and PC, but that the trend of no HDR on PC releases has been disturbing to them. It's not how I'd have written it.

Unpatched games will run better by default right? Similar to PS4Pro boost?

Not just similar, but arguably better. They will have full access to the entire performance of xbox one x, including all compute units on the One X GPU. For the PS4 Pro's boost mode, it seems to get the benefit of the improved CPU, memory bandwidth, as well as the higher GPU clock speed, but not the benefit of the additional compute units. It won't work in such a limited way with Xbox One X. Older games get the console's full 6 teraflops of GPU performance.

Gestault

Unpatched games will run better by default right? Similar to PS4Pro boost?

Right, and we know that much for sure from the XB1S already doing it to some extent. There's the chance for across-the-board 16x AF as well (though I can't recall an official announcement for that part, outside of BC titles).

Right, and we know that much for sure from the XB1S already doing it to some extent. There's the chance for across-the-board 16x AF as well (though I can't recall an official announcement for that part, outside of BC titles).

That's for all existing Xbox One titles, not just BC games. There will also be tearing removal via some kind of auto v sync.

I don't doubt it at all (it's no different from an Nvidia control panel setting override), but do you have a specific source on that?
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...-five-ways-your-existing-games-will-be-better

"We've taken the approach that we do with 360 [games] on Xbox One, where you will never see a torn frame, because we have enough performance there to ensure that."

"We built into the hardware the capability of overwriting all bilinear and all trilinear fetches to be anisotropic," Andrew Goossen reveals. "And then we've dialled up the anisotropic all the way up to max. All of our titles by default when you're running on Scorpio, they'll be full anisotropic."

nekkid

It doesn't matter who we are, what matters is our plan.

I can understand them not wanting to commit to MCC until they're sure.

I don't doubt it at all (it's no different from an Nvidia control panel setting override), but do you have a specific source on that?

Yes sir. :D

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/d...-five-ways-your-existing-games-will-be-better

"We built into the hardware the capability of overwriting all bilinear and all trilinear fetches to be anisotropic," Andrew Goossen reveals. "And then we've dialled up the anisotropic all the way up to max. All of our titles by default when you're running on Scorpio, they'll be full anisotropic."

"We bring to bear all 40 compute units and the full 1172MHz clock-speed [of the Scorpio GPU], we're bringing those to bear on all the games possible," says Andrew Goossen. "Now, I have a caveat a bit later about all the compatibility testing we do for these and some of the implications, but we can bring all the 40CUs, all 1172MHz, of course the full 2.3GHz on the CPU."

What this means in practice is that games that cannot fully sustain their target frame-rate on Xbox One stand a really good chance of doing so on Scorpio. But to be clear: what we won't see will be 30fps games suddenly running at 60fps. The game itself still sets its frame-rate target, and there are no functions for removing performance limits.

However, the full six teraflops of graphics power will be deployed to run your existing library of Xbox content. In fact, there's so much raw power here that Microsoft can go one step further. Says Goossen: "We've taken the approach that we do with 360 [games] on Xbox One, where you will never see a torn frame, because we have enough performance there to ensure that."

beaten like a drum. :p

scently

Spencer said 343i are working on past titles and that there will be an announcement soon, so at the very least I expect a Halo 5 Scorpio update.

Aspiring

My question is will the xbox one x support older 4k tvs? With the ps4 pro it had yuv 420 but with the xbox one s on the 4k checklist screen it seemed you needed a 10bit tv in order to enjoy. Has MS said if it will work with 8 bit 4k tvs?

Re: Backfoggen and SenjutsuSage

Aww yiss.

so every game, that includes halo 5, sunset overdrive, witcher 3 etc, all without any update ever coming to either game, they will all have flawless performance, 16xAF by default and zero screen tearing. Kind of crazy when you think about it.

But of course some will definitely see updates.

My question is will the xbox one x support older 4k tvs? With the ps4 pro it had yuv 420 but with the xbox one s on the 4k checklist screen it seemed you needed a 10bit tv in order to enjoy. Has MS said if it will work with 8 bit 4k tvs?

it might be that 4:2:2 setting it has in the picture settings you can enable. i never really looked into it. said to enable if it you had issues with hdr10 - im not 100% sure and just going off memory from months ago. lol

c0de

I have some wishes from df and other sites regarding the test of “old“ games.

BC:
- Dark Souls
- GTA

For Xbox One games, I want to see games unpatched so we get an idea on performance gains on games that won't be tested but potentially will be discussed.

Xbone:
- Just Cause 4
- Ryde
- The Witcher 3
- Halo 5
- PROJECT CARS
- in general games with dynamic resolution
- in general games with a fluctuating framerate

El_Chino

I have some wishes from df and other sites regarding the test of “old“ games.

BC:
- Dark Souls
- GTA

For Xbox One games, I want to see games unpatched so we get an idea on performance gains on games that won't be tested but potentially will be discussed.

Xbone:
- Just Cause 4
- Ryde
- The Witcher 3y
- Halo 5
- PROJECT CARS
- in general games with dynamic resolution
- in general games with a fluctuating framerate
Just cause 4 and Project Cars would be very interesting.

spectator

Not just similar, but arguably better. They will have full access to the entire performance of xbox one x, including all compute units on the One X GPU. For the PS4 Pro's boost mode, it seems to get the benefit of the improved CPU, memory bandwidth, as well as the higher GPU clock speed, but not the benefit of the additional compute units. It won't work in such a limited way with Xbox One X. Older games get the console's full 6 teraflops of GPU performance.

How would that be possible for unpatched games? My understanding is that unpatched Pro games don't get to use the additional compute units because the (unpatched) software doesn't have any way to address them (being that it's anticipating the regular PS4's number of compute units). How would this be any different for the One X?

scently

Watch them announce Spartan Strike and Assault instead.

Lol. My hope is that Halo 5 and MCC both get the 4k treatment but at the very least I expect Halo 5 to get the 4k overhaul. It is one game that will really benefit from higher resolution, proper AA and a good AF application.

FZW

Been discussed before but I don't trust them. They label a lot of games as "native 4k" which are not confirmed. They also don't list any sources

Also, Killing Floor 2 has been on the list since I started it :p

Fair enough.

I missed Killing Zone on your list.
Tacoma, Life is Strange was labelled as Xbox Enhanced at the show and the PCars guys in a May interview have said that they plan to support both the Pro and Scorpio.

here

xemumanic

The game I'm MOST interested to see get an update but know it's also likely the most UNLIKELY to get an update patch is Battlefield 4.

I bet it could get improved to run closer to 900p on the launch XB1/XB1S, and maybe even 1080p on the base PS4, if given the time.

RowdyReverb

Lol. My hope is that Halo 5 and MCC both get the 4k treatment but at the very least I expect Halo 5 to get the 4k overhaul. It is one game that will really benefit from higher resolution, proper AA and a good AF application.
They could be working on a bundle that includes Halo 1 through 5. Might explain why they didn't mention Halo in the conference. Maybe they'd even fix MCC. It's not like those games stopped being classics when MCC was launched.
Probably just wishful thinking, but there's gotta be some explanation for why they are so conspicuously absent

Top Bottom