• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Retro-GAF unite!

Uh, ok. Well I asked them for an invite but was politely declined because I'm currently writing a book about the history of the Magnavox Odyssey (wow, there is so much people don't know) and they thought maybe I should focus on that instead for now? Works for me, I guess I wouldn't want to cause a conflict of interest once my book comes out and become a "personality" over there, that always leaves a bad taste.

Peltz

Uh, ok. Well I asked them for an invite but was politely declined because I'm currently writing a book about the history of the Magnavox Odyssey (wow, there is so much people don't know) and they thought maybe I should focus on that instead for now? Works for me, I guess I wouldn't want to cause a conflict of interest once my book comes out and become a "personality" over there, that always leaves a bad taste.

All are welcome... even this doofus.^

Jhoan

Don't be a stranger Peltz. You're always welcome to join us in the NYC Discord if you are interested but that is up to you.

BTW, Your thread may have gotten deleted but it got Jason Schreier's attention.

BNGames

Just got my Gameroom/Studio setup, plan on doing a video soon

OgwVeSoh.jpg
​
tcP3Jvqh.jpg
​
xyKIRbRh.jpg
​
xNOJNy3h.jpg
​
F4MI43Uh.jpg
​
SRVamhDh.jpg
​
hPD27e7h.jpg
​
ZGuk6Mvh.jpg
​
v5wByAmh.jpg
​
HBGd3cGh.jpg
​
nKbCzqHh.jpg
​
7mtjtCNh.jpg
​
CpiRz7mh.jpg
​
DlrQ7m8h.jpg
​
DEvWRhKh.jpg
​

Ma-Yuan

I have a modded Japanese PSONE should be SCPH-103 and the memory card port doesn't seem to work.
It doesn't detect my old third party memory cards. My old Fat PS1 has no issues and my Pal PSONE SCPH-102 als doesn't have any issues either.

In Games one of the two cards is detected. And it tells me the card needs to be formated but when confirm this this nothing happens.

I also read if the memory card port is broken so should be the controller port because they share the same bus but the controllers just work fine.

Any idea?

I also ordered another Memory Card just to be sure. But it wont be here until the end of the week,

Bakkus

Is this just a problem with my CRT or does the Nintendo 64 require different picture settings to get the best quality picture than every other <480p console does? Keep in mind that we use RGB cables as a basis for this comparison as that's what i'm using on all my consoles (N64 is NTSC RGB modified).

I know this thread stopped getting active after the exodus, but hopefully there's still someone around who knows about this. Didn't feel like making a new thread.

Is this just a problem with my CRT or does the Nintendo 64 require different picture settings to get the best quality picture than every other <480p console does? Keep in mind that we use RGB cables as a basis for this comparison as that's what i'm using on all my consoles (N64 is NTSC RGB modified).

I know this thread stopped getting active after the exodus, but hopefully there's still someone around who knows about this. Didn't feel like making a new thread.

There isn't any difference. What issues are you having? Keep in mind the N64 applies a blurry filter over everything so it appears significantly worse than other consoles over RGB

Top Bottom