• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PlatinumGames Community Thread | Platinum maintains its luster forever

Best Platinum boss fight?

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yeah. I was hoping that there would be fun in managing a group of players and coordinating power use but... nope. It's not even fun to start the game on hard mode given how spongy the enemies are to base-level characters.

The real icing on the shit cake is that you don't even get an ending sequence for beating the game in multiplayer mode lol.

edit: I'll throw this out there.

The best:
Bayonetta
Vanquish
The Wonderful 101
Bayonetta 2

Great:
Metal Gear Rising
Transformers: Devastation
Anarchy Reigns

Decent:
The Legend of Korra

Mediocre:
Madworld

Bad:
TMNT: Mutants in Manhattan

Going to play Nier Automata soon, I hope. I'm not sure if Platinum is ever going to manage to top Bayonetta, especially with them seemingly moving away from pure action games.

hamsjams

It's disheartening to hear that the multiplayer doesn't come together. You can see where their heads were at, and how interesting the game could have been. But man somewhere in the execution of their ideas the basics just got lost and all compelling results with it.

I'm very excited for Platinum's action hybrid projects. The Wonderful 101 personally tops Bayonetta for me in the purer action category and if they can never do better than that I'm okay with it so long as they're still surviving and the games they're making are at least still "good".

With Microsoft pulling the rug out from under Scalebound Kamiya should re-center himself by making the Space Harrier successor he's apparently always wanted, lol.

BBboy20

Are you guys going to get Vanquish on Steam?
So far, no.

Cjiyztq.png

Like, I know it's better to let this 4chan rumor go but the more I thought about it, the more it started to make too much sense.

ArjanN

I'd still play it because it's Platinum but Sailor Moon would be a pretty unexciting license IMO.

I recognize it's probably the original magical girl type show but at the same time it's also really just that.

Top Bottom