• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Max Payne 3 Design and Tech video on Bullet Time - OUT NAO

Good interview with Houser and Lake. As always, Houser is on the ball and knows exactly what he's talking about. Lately it seems the interviews have been psyching me up even more than the screenshots and gameplay vids.

UrbanRats

Yeah, more cool insight from Houser and Lake. Sounds like Michael Unsworth is co-writing the game with Houser (he co-wrote Red Dead with Houser). Great news.

Also, slightly tangential, but the new R* Social Club site is pretty sweet. Huge overhaul from before.

The most unfortunate chain of events spawned from this post.
I've gone there to check out if i had an account (i did) and i decided to select an avatar for it, so i started browsing the various sections and in the last place i see "Oni", damn, i started to fantasize about an Open World, Ghost in the Shell-like sequel to it, with Euphoria, RAGE and all that good stuff.
Now i'm pissed off because it's not gonna happen. :\

Thought i'd let you know what you've done.

Fjordson

I've gone there to check out if i had an account (i did) and i decided to select an avatar for it, so i started browsing the various sections and in the last place i see "Oni", damn, i started to fantasize about an Open World, Ghost in the Shell-like sequel to it, with Euphoria, RAGE and all that good stuff.

Haha, oh man. That would probably be amazing. I've been wanting badly for R* to do some sort of open world sci-fi, though I don't know if it'll ever come to fruition =[

Arcteryx

heh I was thinking about Oni a couple weeks back, went an dug it out an re-installed. It really would make for a badass open world game.

iNvid02

just logged onto it and its pretty slick, says i only registered february 4th 2012 but its managed to link and track my psn id, gamertag and live id plus gta v, liberty city stories, red dead and la noire stats.

all in all its good

edit: crews registration eh, no idea if i'll dig max payne mp (looks promising though) but im gonna register something anyway just in case i end up loving it

UrbanRats

Haha, oh man. That would probably be amazing. I've been wanting badly for R* to do some sort of open world sci-fi, though I don't know if it'll ever come to fruition =[

heh I was thinking about Oni a couple weeks back, went an dug it out an re-installed. It really would make for a badass open world game.
It could seriously be amazing.

Also R* seems to be strangely attached to their brands for some reason, i mean how many people bought Red Dead Redemption for Red Dead Revolver? The two games barely had anything in common and Revolver was not a popular title by any means.
Same could work with Oni,
in my dream world
Besides, although it was very clunky and unpolished, i'm fond of the game for whatever reason.

Just connected and synced all my PSN info with R*'s Social Club site. I know it's early but it feelsgoodman.

So did I. Feels... the same. What was the point of it?

It says I've completed zero of everything in LAN. I recall every moment of that torture, I want it at least reflected that I completed that bloody game.

Fjordson

Yeah, I have noticed my stats aren't really up to date. I got 100% in Red Dead and like 90% in GTA IV, but both of 'em are only at like 40% =[

Ironically, L.A. Noire is the only game on there that seems to be totally accurate.

UrbanRats

iCsHhts6e5ZwG.jpg

In the game section, what the hell?
Also i do have Max Payne, but i have no idea how to register it there.

iCsHhts6e5ZwG.jpg

In the game section, what the hell?
Also i do have Max Payne, but i have no idea how to register it there.

Rockstar's just trolling the shit out of us right now with Agent.

Though I presume that if GTA V is released via Rockstar North next year, Agent might be the next 'Rockstar Studios' game, similar to Max Payne 3's development, where all the dev houses work on it. An all hands on deck situation.

UrbanRats

Rockstar's just trolling the shit out of us right now with Agent.

Though I presume that if GTA V is released via Rockstar North next year, Agent might be the next 'Rockstar Studios' game, similar to Max Payne 3's development, where all the dev houses work on it. An all hands on deck situation.

It's also strange that they put Agent in and not GTAV, we've seen a trailer for GTAV and NOTHING (literally) for Agent.
So yeah, Agent might be closer than we think, who knows.

So Stephen Bliss and Anthony Macbain illustrated and designed most of R& marketing illustrations. Macbain is the head of the marketing illustrations department. I wonder if those same two did the marketing illustrations for MP.

Fjordson

Damn, good find. Those are some talented mother fuckers. Looks like Macbain did some of the Red Dead character portraits, all that was really good.

dreamfall

Does Rockstar ever show their games at E3? I know it's a PS3 exclusive (who knows it that's even true anymore), but?

No never. But sometimes Jack Tretton is asked about it, and it always seems like it exists! And Sony definitely had that gigantic unveiling of the artwork / nothing more, so who knows?

UrbanRats

Does Rockstar ever show their games at E3? I know it's a PS3 exclusive (who knows it that's even true anymore), but?
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Rockstar Support.

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. To answer your question, yes! We will be at E3 at the Take-Two Interactive area. We are looking forward to some great announcements coming out of E3 and hope you will either be attending, or tuning in! We're happy to have such involvement from our customers! Thanks for your question!

Kindest Regards,
Cam M
source: http://www.gtaforums.com/index.php?showtopic=506680&st=0

Also:
Rockstar Games, May 07 09:09 pm (EDT):

Hi UrbanRats,

Yes, the PC version of Max Payne supports Nvidia 3D vision.

Cheers,

R*

UrbanRats, May 05 01:54 pm (EDT):

Hi, i wanted to know if the PC version of 'Max Payne 3' will support 3D technology.

Thank you for you time.
UrbanRats.

Don't know if it was known already.

Gacha-pin

It's solid. You have to play with the button locations and sensitivity a lot to make it work but it's fine once you get that worked out.

Thanks. To tell the truth, I don't remember the story much. If there isn't enough story catch up in MP3, I will try iOS Max Payne.

I'll shit my pants if Agent is revealed at E3. Rockstar can do no wrong. I've always pictured Agent being a Cold War era thriller action game set in multiple locations with moderate open-level worlds: Eerily music playing while following your target, bugging, etc..

Simo

So who's handling the GAF Crews, how does this work?

NeoGANG must have a proper chain of command.

No idea. Any volunteers?

Wednesday we can form the GAF crew and create the emblem. I tried to have Rockstar put the NeoGAF emblem in there but they said the online creator was robust enough we could create it ourselves.

Oh yeah, about that OT...

No idea. Any volunteers?

Wednesday we can form the GAF crew and create the emblem. I tried to have Rockstar put the NeoGAF emblem in there but they said the online creator was robust enough we could create it ourselves.

Oh yeah, about that OT...

I messaged Bish, but he's offline at the moment.

No biggie dudes. It'll reactivate tonight.

Man, one more week. Fuck. It almost feels real.

This week, I'm hoping that Issue 2 and the launch trailer hits. The launch trailer for RDR was so good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NUjbORZueU

Simo

I messaged Bish, but he's offline at the moment.

No biggie dudes. It'll reactivate tonight.

Man, one more week. Fuck. It almost feels real.

This week, I'm hoping that Issue 2 and the launch trailer hits. The launch trailer for RDR was so good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NUjbORZueU

Hard to believe this time next week I'll be jumping in to the game and hitting up multiplayer.

I wonder if we'll even get the launch trailer this week though I remember RDR's being released like a week before the game came out.

Yeah, we should. L.A. Noire's was a week early as well.

And shouldn't we get a fifth design & tech video?

Maybe both hit this week. I think the fifth one might be behind the scenes stuff. At least I hope so.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, apparently some theaters played the HEALTH commercial before the Avengers. Rockstar's bringing out the big guns.

Simo

Maybe both hit this week. I think the fifth one might be behind the scenes stuff. At least I hope so.

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit, apparently some theaters played the HEALTH commercial before the Avengers. Rockstar's bringing out the big guns.

The behind the scenes stuff will just be an article and photos, no video sadly. :(

Simo

I dug around too and yeah, both Red Dead and L.A Noire thad their launch trailers released a week ahead of release. Fingers crossed then for something this week!

Top Bottom