• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 PC Screenshot Thread

35083560340_f1f0306e2d_o.jpg

Temporal SMAA works with multiple frames and a diff algorithm where it inspects what changed so it can better analyze what to alias and what not. (it's been a while since I read how it works, so forgive me if I make errors in this description ;)) I think with 3d migoto they don't allow previous frame buffers to be kept / cached and ruin the aliasing this way. Funny thing is: if you hide the hud it's OK. It's only when you enable the hud (so no shaders are hidden) that the AA bugs. I am convinced it's a 3d migoto thing, and don't know whether there's a setting in the 3dmigoto ini file which fixes this. I'll see if I have time this weekend to find it with Homefront as the smaa 2x is pretty nice to have!

Camera tools don't have an effect on this, they should work regardless of what AA you choose (my tools for homefront and watch dogs don't mind what AA you pick).

The only time I have issues with temporal SMAA in Watch Dogs is when I use the camera tools to pause the game and then move the camera. I get ghost images of the previous frame overlaid over the screen. During normal gameplay it doesn't affect anything.
In Homefront I get black outlines of objects in places where those objects aren't.

It's not a huge issue, but it's annoying because with temporal SMAA I can get a clean image at a lower resolution and actually play the game at more than 30 FPS.

Top Bottom