• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Out of the Park Baseball 18 (OOTP18) - Official Thread and NeoGAF League

Here's the Dodgers team picture, 2017:

cV4Vrp0.png

I wish trades could be initiated by anyone and approved by commish. Still my number 1 issue with online leagues.
Having said that, for the time being, I won't be running human-CPU trades. I have less time to do anything with the game myself, and I would like to be able to run my team. Left that out of the OP for that reason.

With this many human players, I think that's fair.

brentech

I haven't been able to jump on my laptop since yesterday. What point are we at with the league? Have we started regular season games?

Nope. We will progress into the first 3-4 days of the season tomorrow. Like usual, we will play enough days that each team has played at least 1 game before going into the normal 7 day sims.

When I was looking through the website I saw some like interviews and articles which I thought was very cool, just adds another level to the whole league thing, how do those work? Just up to someone to put them together?

brentech

When I was looking through the website I saw some like interviews and articles which I thought was very cool, just adds another level to the whole league thing, how do those work? Just up to someone to put them together?
Yep. Everyone can write their own team stories. I post to the website from there.

I still need to make a post about changing to 18 and refreshing the league.

brentech

The first sim forward will happen today.

Would like to make new managers award of one of the league links: The Export Reader

At the top of the page, you can see the date and time that the league file was last updated. Below that is a listing of all the teams with a green or red time stamp. Those time stamps let you know who has exported their team file since the last update.

You DON'T have to export your team file daily if you don't think that is needed or it doesn't work with your time commitment, but I do expect to see it updated about once a week at least. Most of us updated it every day. Once you get used to what you're doing it takes about 5-10 minutes.

You will get as little or as much as you want out of the league. We have some excellent GMs that do a great job of extrapolating stats and creating a picture of the league with it.

Get ready to start moving forward. View OP for general sim time.

brentech

Sim: 3 days
Date: Apr 4, 2025
Sim: Just enough days to make sure all teams could play their first game of the season without issue. Tomorrow will be a normal 7 day sim. edit: sorry about the email. I need to remove those from the league file so you're not receiving real emails about the league as well.

Date: Apr 4, 2025
Sim: Just enough days to make sure all teams could play their first game of the season without issue. Tomorrow will be a normal 7 day sim.

It now sends an email with the simulation result it looks like. I just got one with my game results and injuries.

brentech

I got the same. That's an awesome addition. I hated when I'd be working late and have to wait until I got home to see how sims went.

Well shit, I already cleared everyone's emails thinking they wouldn't want that.
If you WANT email notification, I will need you to PM me your email address again. I didn't want to barrage people. Just remember that means you'll be getting league email daily.

brentech

Maybe another important note for newer players, the control settings. You can control or let your Assistant GM and Minor League managers handle as much as you want.
Now, some managers won't let the GM control lineups or pitching staff. If that is the case, your only options are to deal with it or replace your manager.

yMwerWO.png

I technically have control of my minor league promotions & demotions, but I usually click into 'Manage team roster', then use the following menu on the right to have the AI set my minor league rosters, then tweak them from there:
nGfTd7c.png

brentech

Date: Apr 11, 2025
Sim:

Reminder: If you DO want to receive a recap email of the sim each day, I'll need your email address again. I deleted them all from the game after sending out quick-join emails.

Date: Apr 11, 2025
Sim:

Reminder: If you DO want to receive a recap email of the sim each day, I'll need your email address again. I deleted them all from the game after sending out quick-join emails.

Just so you know, I'm still receiving them even though I didn't give you my email again. I'm fine with receiving them, just looks like you wiping out the email addresses may not have stuck.

Just so you know, I'm still receiving them even though I didn't give you my email again. I'm fine with receiving them, just looks like you wiping out the email addresses may not have stuck.

Same and I'm cool with it. 5-1 sim somehow. I'm absolutely shocked how bad the Angels situation is. There's one prospect that looks interesting in my system and he's 16 years old. This is going to be way harder than my Baltimore turn around.

Rommel

Same and I'm cool with it. 5-1 sim somehow. I'm absolutely shocked how bad the Angels situation is. There's one prospect that looks interesting in my system and he's 16 years old. This is going to be way harder than my Baltimore turn around.

Time to trade Trout... You can have my farm system, the world needs to see Trout and Harper in the same OF.

So apparently the guys over at OOTP Developments didn't get the message that Greinke lost all his magic when he cut his hair XD

Josh5890

Well my team is off to a rousing 2-5 start. Lost a couple of one-run extra inning games but it is clear we are in for a long season. Going to be doing a full run down of the organization and look to start building for the future. Cincinnati will rise! Just you wait and see!

The Padres have brought back the brown. If I accomplish nothing else as GM, I've done this.

Fuck off Jered Weaver. Released. Never should have been signed.

Cleaning out the front office. Everyone will be new. All of them fired.

Upped the player dev budget to $20m.

AAA full of guys 27-32 years old. WTF SD? Why is Colin Cowgill even in the system? What purpose do a bunch of old guys in AAA serve?

What a mess.

The Padres have brought back the brown. If I accomplish nothing else as GM, I've done this.

Fuck off Jered Weaver. Released. Never should have been signed.

Cleaning out the front office. Everyone will be new. All of them fired.

Upped the player dev budget to $20m.

AAA full of guys 27-32 years old. WTF SD? Why is Colin Cowgill even in the system? What purpose do a bunch of old guys in AAA serve?

What a mess.

AJ Preller is really bad at this

Ron Mexico

I didn't pull up last year's game to check, but holy shit is Baltimore's farm system barren.

Just out of curiosity (and I don't want anyone to tip their hands so-to-speak), are you guys paying any attention whatsoever to your owners' goals? I know we can't be fired but just wondering.

Also, for the manager duties, depending on the manager, you can change some or all of the strategies as well. How much leeway is also determined by the manager.

No doubt. Fake AJ Preller makes me real world angry. What a shitshow of an organization.

Just out of curiosity (and I don't want anyone to tip their hands so-to-speak), are you guys paying any attention whatsoever to your owners' goals? I know we can't be fired but just wondering.

I pretend to care when it serves my own purposes. I think that making an owner happy may help increase payroll budget, but have no idea if this is actually true or not.

Josh5890

I remember the trade deadline back in 2015. Most of the teams were pissed at the Padres because they didn't do anything despite holding big pieces that everyone wanted. A.J thought they could still make the playoffs that year lol.

Edit: In light of the Starling Marte news I'm curious. Does this game ever suspend played for PED's?

brentech

Date: Apr 18, 2025
Notes: Sim is currently running. Give it like 10 minutes to be available.

Edit: In light of the Starling Marte news I'm curious. Does this game ever suspend played for PED's?

It used to be in the game before they got the MLB license. I don't even see it as an option anymore.

I'm surprised the MLB let them keep fight suspensions in. On one of the MLB The Show streams last year they said they made some animations charging the mound but weren't allowed to use them.

Josh5890

I'm surprised the MLB let them keep fight suspensions in. On one of the MLB The Show streams last year they said they made some animations charging the mound but weren't allowed to use them.

I'm surprised that MLB approved the MLB Slugfest series back in the day.

If anything suspensions are more prevalent this year than last. Same with the nagging injuries.

If anyone has a solid 1B available I'd have interest.

Can I interest you in a combo of Cishek and Valencia?

Rommel

If anything suspensions are more prevalent this year than last. Same with the nagging injuries.

Can I interest you in a combo of Cishek and Valencia?

Valencia isn't much better than what I have but I'd be willing to toss a low level spec at Cishek

Mets willing to trade a SP other than Matz, Thor. or Gsellman. So we looking at DeGrom, Harvey, or Wheeler available. looking at prospects. hit me up!

brentech

Indians are willing to move LF Brandon Guyer. Head scout rates 73, OSA rates 75. He hasn't had a good start for me, but I also would rather use Jose Ramirez as my do it all guy, with another young player backing him up.

Looking for prospects at almost any position.

Top Bottom