• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Nintendo Switch: new Firmware update available (Ver. 3.0.0)

The Boat

Woah, yeah they definitely raised the volume. That's why they introduced the limiter and a warning appears when you plug the headphones.

The Boat

Eshop music update and better eshop layout would be nice.

I miss the music, but honestly, I'd rather it stays as fast as possible, so I can deal with the silence. The eShop is web-based though isn't it? Updating it isn't tied to the firmware I think.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Hey, those who tried the Pokken Pad. Did you have to do anything specific to get it working, or did it just start working as soon as you plugged it in?

random25

Some sound effects have been changed too. I will miss the chiming sound while doing internet test.

Hey, those who tried the Pokken Pad. Did you have to do anything specific to get it working, or did it just start working as soon as you plugged it in?

You probably must turn on Pro Controller Wired Communication on the settings.

Mr. F

Banned
Does the news from following news channel just get mixed in with the rest of your news? Already kind of crowded in there between the NA/JPN feeds

Mandelbo

Can confirm it gets *substantially* louder through headphones now. It feels like what used to be max volume is now just over halfway up the new scale, which is fantastic!

Oh, also notifications are now slightly transparent, which is a nice change from then being completely opaque and obscuring whatever's in the corner.

The headphone volume thing is a huge thing. As someone who loves rhythm games, the max volume before just wasn't loud enough to block out other sounds.

Now I really can't wait for Taiko no Tatsujin.

xboxster

Anyone know if they fixed the "Updating sofware" typo yet?

yPg4f80.jpg

BooJoh

Unfortunately the Nintendo News Channel is unified for Japanese and English so you still can't unsub from Japanese updates if you have a Japanese user on your system unless you also unsub from the English updates (which must be done from System Settings -> System -> News Channel Settings.)

I'm not certain, but I think this is new: in Friend Settings, "Display online status" and "Display play activity" now allow you to restrict this information to the people you have marked as Best Friends. The same goes for the new "Notify When Friends Go Online" notification setting.

Top Bottom