• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Final Bosman Show

Drencrom

I miss the show.

You're not the only one... as I said in a post in the easy allies thread, we really lost something special with the closure of GT and cancellation of The Final Bosman.

I mean, I like the content Bosman makes at EZA and YoutubeGaming, but neither Bosman at Home or Dear Bosman have really lived up to TBF in format, editing, "lore", budget, consistent output etc. I really hope that Keighley lets Kyle expand Dear Bosman and basically make it the true successor of TBF.

Rongolian

Banned
You're not the only one... as I said in a post in the easy allies thread, we really lost something special with the closure of GT and cancellation of The Final Bosman.

I mean, I like the content Bosman makes at EZA and YoutubeGaming, but neither Bosman at Home or Dear Bosman have really lived up to TBF in format, editing, "lore", budget, consistent output etc. I really hope that Keighley lets Kyle expand Dear Bosman and basically make it the true successor of TBF.

I can't agree with this more. Seeing Bosman left out of the latest "final bets" on EZA really made me miss the structure they had at GT. The Final Bosman was how I discovered GT and the main reason I back EZA. I really hope he gets an opportunity to run a show in a similar format to The Final Bosman one day.

Dear Bosman is good and Kyle does very well with the format, and yeah he's gotta get that money, but for sure it's no Final Bosman. That show was special and it feels wrong not having a successor as part of EZA.

Dear Bosman is good and Kyle does very well with the format, and yeah he's gotta get that money, but for sure it's no Final Bosman. That show was special and it feels wrong not having a successor as part of EZA.
I think the fact that Dear Bosman and Bosman at Home were no Final Bosman is the reason he stopped trying to make a successor. He decided to stop trying to recapture the magic of something he knows isn't going to come back. If only blue collar workers in the rust belt and Appalachia would come to the same conclusion.

I think the fact that Dear Bosman and Bosman at Home were no Final Bosman is the reason he stopped trying to make a successor. He decided to stop trying to recapture the magic of something he knows isn't going to come back. If only blue collar workers in the rust belt and Appalachia would come to the same conclusion.
Yes because Bosman having a new job and new route for his work is the same as blue collar workers in the Rust Belt not magically developing new skills 🙄

Pachinko

I enjoy the new more "natural" (I guess) 'Kyle Bossman has a talk' video. I mean I liked bossman at home too , Dear bossman was also great.

Thing is - from watching the EZA podcast , I get the impression that Kyle wants to make new episodes of "final bossman" but doesn't have access to the full studio he got at the GT office nor are all of the same people still at EZA. It was like bottled lighting having everything just kind of gel together and, it's a nice hurdle to get past to realize that he can't get that back 100%. Frustrating I'm sure but also liberating.

This first episode with this format still has all the charm and wit we all know and love from Kyle but it's delivered in a way that doesn't feel like it's reaching for an apple from the final bossman tree. It still has the bonus bit but it's just a cut straight into a parody video but it totally works.

It's the same but different. Kyle IS Kyle but you know, for me , the reason I always watched the other shows was the general tone and humor. That's still there. Kyle is one of the few online personalities that can sell me on his excitement or distaste for something without getting utterly vitriolic about it. He doesn't just scream into a camera for 10 minutes like... say just about every other youtube gaming personality. The most important element to the format of "Kyle talks to a camera" is well, just that. The other stuff is also great but It's not required by any means.

No, it's like if they did develop those skills because he's going in a different direction now.
It's almost as though Bosman has a chariasmatic personality that transcends skillsets and an modern skillset with video production that has next to no relevance in comparison to the complex situation of industrial workers that bears more serious discussions about things like UBI rather than flippant remarks comparing them to YouTube personalities.
151022145223-emoji-wonder-large-169.jpg

It's almost as though Bosman has a chariasmatic personality that transcends skillsets and an modern skillset with video production that has next to no relevance in comparison to the complex situation of industrial workers that bears more serious discussions about things like UBI rather than flippant remarks comparing them to YouTube personalities.
151022145223-emoji-wonder-large-169.jpg
I think we can all stand to learn more from Kyle.

sammex

Any Bosman > no Bosman. I'm glad he's back doing these even though they're low key. He knows what he's talking about and so his discussions are always interesting.

Aizo

Banned
I did a quick YouTube search and didn't come up with new Bosman stuff. Is he still around? I haven't followed him, but I like him.

I see. So he hibernated. What is the project he ended up working on?

I did a quick YouTube search and didn't come up with new Bosman stuff. Is he still around? I haven't followed him, but I like him.

He's now with Easy Allies (alongside the rest of the GT crew). Hosts their weekly podcast & does a few streams. Was doing a solo show for awhile, as well as some YT Live stuff with Geoff Keighley - but both kind of fizzled out.

Currently he's working on a new solo show that is more in the vein of the animated Bosman episodes, called 'Box Peek' (which seems to be a sort of esoteric send-up of eSports).

Sami+

This is the project he mentioned as being the reason for the hibernation?

Nah haha, I don't remember exactly what you're talking about but it's probably Easy Allies. I was just playing since I knew like ten people would also chime in to say EZA.

Nesther

He's now with Easy Allies (alongside the rest of the GT crew). Hosts their weekly podcast & does a few streams. Was doing a solo show for awhile, as well as some YT Live stuff with Geoff Keighley - but both kind of fizzled out.

Currently he's working on a new solo show that is more in the vein of the animated Bosman episodes, called 'Box Peek' (which seems to be a sort of esoteric send-up of eSports).

It's not entirely a solo show like Bosman at Home or something, as the other allies will be voicing the characters.

ranmafan

This is the project he mentioned as being the reason for the hibernation?

If I remember correctly wast that that Youtube gaming show that was done for a very short while with Geoff Keighley. He also was on the video game awards show. But that all ended a while back. Of course he does his Easy Aliies stuff which is always fun. But I wish he would do some more of his old style vids commenting on the industry again.

ItsTheNew

I believe any game made before 1997 is "essentially cave man art."
I knew he was with Easy Allies, but I didn't see any videos that just star him. Does that exist?
Nope. For whatever reason he refuses to do that style of video even though it would help their patreon immensely and had created some really awesome discourse around whatever the topic was that week. Box peek could be good but why not mix it up?

I knew he was with Easy Allies, but I didn't see any videos that just star him. Does that exist?

The project he was working on that caused Bosman at Home's hibernation was being a producer and partial on-screen personality in Geoff Keighley's Live with Youtube Gaming.

He had a segment all to himself on that show called "Dear Bosman". They're pretty great, if not a bit short, and they are the closest to Final Bosman he's been since then I'd say

Check it out https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KKUUgoV3JA

Top Bottom