• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bayonetta has a mode which caters to the true Ninja Dogs

Ramenman

PepsimanVsJoe said:
As a bonus they'll tie all of these moves to different directions on the right stick. So that way if you're getting beat pretty badly you can mash the stick until you bust out a dozen triangle assist reverse glitch combos and win the match.

Well that would be a problem, because of the online VS mode.

IrishNinja

PepsimanVsJoe said:
Now I'm quite sure this very easy playthrough of Bayonetta isn't going to explain everything there is to know about the game but eh..slippery slope. God Forbid developers don't just start tossing optimal playthroughs in future games.

i hope your strawmen have sexy hats like your avatar.

Frankly I look forward to the day when developers aren't pressured(thanks to insane $100 million+ budgets) to not say "Fuck you" to weaksauce(yeah I said it) gamers and make games however accessible or inaccessible they care to be.

so...not a wii fan, then.

those of you still harping on FF XII: did you really use two hands to play before? i would walk, hit X during fights, walk some more. you put too much effort in prior to XII.
Indigo i get (though that basketball game bit fucked me up), but DMC? if you can beat DMC 3 one handed, shit, respect.

D2M15 said:
hnnnnnnng

MARTYRS IS MY FEEL-GOOD MOVIE OF THE SUMMER

fucking hell.

gutter_trash said:
Easy-Auto is for people who love games but suck at it... let them enjoy it.
Games are about enjoyism.. not ''Ninja Gaiden is the best'' snobbery. That sort of snobbery is rediculous

QFT.
this shit is echoing the "should games be made for the 18-35 demographic" thread of shitting on other people's choices.

Originally Posted by quinntendopower:
i'm pretty sure this was made so IGN could make a complete review of the game

this plus itakagi throwing up in ferrari made me glad i showed up.

Daigoro

PepsimanVsJoe said:
I don't even buy it as a casual mode. It'd be one thing if Sega/Platinum had a remote chance of selling this game to anyone aside from just 18 to 35 year-old boys but that's just not happening.

think of it as credit feeding then. for those that just want to beat the final boss and see the credits.

isnt this just like the 1CC vs. unlimited continues argument?

Brofist

SonicX_Zero said:
People complain about the lack of options, then when there's an option people make up excuses to hate on having that option.
Lol I'm guessing this is not the type of option most are referring to when asking for more options.

Who cares anyway that they put a fucking weaksauce mode in the game. I say seperate the men from the boys right away.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
This mode is freaking hillarious. Can't believe there's people thinking the addition of this makes any difference to the normal game or that it took anything near a big amount of effort to create.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Monocle said:
This is awesome. I have a friend who I've been trying to introduce to action games. He found Ninja Gaiden 2 too hard. DMC4 didn't interest him, even on Easy Automatic. God of War 1 and 2 fleetingly captured his interest; he didn't want to spend very much time learning the controls for combat. I showed him some Bayonetta footage and he was impressed, but expressed concern that the controls would be as inaccessible to him as those of all the other action games he'd tried. Bayonetta's Very Easy Automatic was made for this guy.

... why do you keep trying? He obviously doesn't like action games at all if he wasn't interested in any of the above.

Monocle

GuardianE said:
... why do you keep trying? He obviously doesn't like action games at all if he wasn't interested in any of the above.
Seeing as how you apparently know more about the situation than I, maybe I should let you explain it to me.

The guy is interested in action games on a visual level, and when he sees me playing them he sometimes wants to pick up the controller himself. Even though all of his attempts to date have ended in frustration or disappointment, he's still attracted to the idea of playing through a good action game. His problem is he doesn't have the patience or coordination to do so. Bayonetta's going to solve that problem for him—maybe even prompt him to make a serious attempt to learn the standard controls.

Monocle

Kyoufu said:
That music track is fucking amazing.
I agree 100%. Even though it would probably annoy the majority of Bayonetta' audience, I'd love for that song to be the main battle theme.

Aske

That's fantastic! Have to love Kamiya's sense of humour: "You want an easy mode? Oh, you'll get an easy mode."

I really, really hope that there's an Easy-Auto fan out there balling his fists in impotent rage because they took out all the challenge.

The Stig

SHOTEH FOCK OP said:
Hardcore AND casual. I think it's brilliant. Obviously the majority of us won't play it this way (except for the inevitable achievement or trophy for this mode), but it's awesome that I could watch my casual gaming sister get into the game, and then maybe want to learn the moves later, much like Guitar Hero has inspired people to learn how to play the actual guitar.

nail on the head.

Instead of being hardcore OR casual, being both is a great idea.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Monocle said:
Seeing as how you apparently know more about the situation than I, maybe I should let you explain it to me.

The guy is interested in action games on a visual level, and when he sees me playing them he sometimes wants to pick up the controller himself. Even though all of his attempts to date have ended in frustration or disappointment, he's still attracted to the idea of playing through a good action game. His problem is he doesn't have the patience or coordination to do so. Bayonetta's going to solve that problem for him—maybe even prompt him to make a serious attempt to learn the standard controls.

Well, we can only comment based on your description. Don't blame me if your description of the situation was inaccurate.

You posed the situation as though it was your endeavor to teach your friend the joys of action gaming and he was not "interested" in any of the games you listed, all of which are leaders in the action game genre. You made it sound like he doesn't care for them at all, and the added difficulty made the initiative even more futile.

Dahbomb

1) 99% of the people who are in this thread and on these boards will not be using this mode if they do in fact place the $60 in it for the purchase.

2) Having this mode doesn't make this game any shallower. In fact, Automatic mode has been in these games since DMC1 (and earlier but let's keep it in the same genre) and it basically boiled down combat to button mashing a single or double buttons at the most. Bayonetta takes it one step further by making it into a mode that virtually any one on this planet could beat.

3) Continuing with my point from before, the game will offer modes resembling Master Mode/Dante Must Die in difficulty level. This is staple stuff from Kamiya, there is almost always an insanely hard difficulty level in his games for those looking for mastery and challenge. At its core, this is still a game targetted mainly at the 18-35 year old male audience who have been gaming practically all their life.

4) IT. IS. OPTIONAL! Unless they do it like in DMC1/DMC3 where if you die too many times and you get switched to an easy mode, usually permanently. I remember people having a hissy fit because their ego couldn't take it when they were advised by the game to go easy mode in DMC3.

I love how people are honestly losing their minds over a "easy mode" of a videogame...:lol

You don't feel the need to use it, then don't. I'm sure there will be players out there who will...

I just think this is a hilarious slap in the face to anyone playing easy mode because PG/Kamiya were just like "fine, here's a mode so easy that you pussies won't have any fun with it."

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
badcrumble said:
I just think this is a hilarious slap in the face to anyone playing easy mode because PG/Kamiya were just like "fine, here's a mode so easy that you pussies won't have any fun with it."
you still have to turn on "automatic"

Top Bottom