• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

l4d3? (Source 2 reveal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoopaTheCasual

Just taking a guess since L4D1 and L4D2 were console exclusive to Microsoft as well. :| Asking a question since the first leak of this came from a Microsoft employee (you), presented to you in the form of a PowerPoint (seems like it), so the possibility is there.

No need to be so hostile. :|
Aww don't take it so personally. I don't think he said it with any contempt. Just kinda a "say what?" response, lol.

Now if only would actually see HL3 running on Source 2.0, that would be the best news I heard in years.

I don't care about L4D3 or the L4D franchise as a whole. But that's just me though.

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Shouldn't the thread title be "Early look at Source 2.0?"

But... you know... all fucked up like Cboat do....

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Valve ported the entirety (minus body-awareness and one survival stage) of Left 4 Dead 1 into Left 4 Dead 2, I can almost see them doing the exact same thing here because Valve is insane.

It will still end up happening a year or two after it releases but hnnnnnnnnng

How do you expect the (almost non-existent) story to continue in Left 4 Dead 3? I hope we get closure to Zoey, Francis, and Louis, and I hope we also get closure with Ellis, Nick, Rochelle, and Coach, instead if be introduced to a brand new group of Survivors.

Branduil

Not to question the mighty buttocks, but it looks more like the standard "look what we can do better now with our new engine using a former well known showcase area" type of deal you almost always see as part of a new engine tech demo rather than "shots from the sequel". I'd also think that a proper L4D3 indicator would be a new level/character since I'm not sure they're that lazy yet with the series to give it the CS:S treatment. Maybe this is Left4Dead2.0 (L4D2 on source 2.0)? That's two 2s, no 3 in sight.

We already pretty much know they're making L4D3, though.

It's amazing the reaction this gets when the team that made L4D1/2 is making Evolve and that got such a poor reception from GAF. You guys complain about the lack of new IP's and when a new one is announced you yawn, a sequel is announced and you go nuts. Never change.

Turtle Rock? They only worked on L4D1.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
How do you expect the (almost non-existent) story to continue in Left 4 Dead 3? I hope we get closure to Zoey, Francis, and Louis, and I hope we also get closure with Ellis, Nick, Rochelle, and Coach, instead if be introduced to a brand new group of Survivors.

pyGhUZj.png

Their time has come.

Dug

Banned
midnight-riders.jpg

Seeing as they've remolded old places with Source 2.0 I wonder if they would add it in their future L4D title
if they do make it

All I know though is that Valve takes their sweet ass time with things

Robot Pants

I cant......

I - WE - all knew it was coming, but the fact that I'm seeing Source 2 makes me so excited.

Because of HL3.

PLEASE, GABEN!

injurai

Banned
I know I know lol
But does this mean that HL3 is "alive" or that he's talking about L4D3?

He was responding to a doubter that they can count to 3. This is showing left 4 dead maps on Source 2. Telling the poster to reconsider that a 3rd entry won't be coming. Probably L4D3 as that is the threads title.

Dude fuck the story, no one cares about that crap(except your shilling ass). We just want to shoot more zombies with our friends on PC or console.

Nev

Banned
Oh my god. I can't handle all the hype. Glad they went for their superior franchise to debut the glorious Source 2.

Branduil

It won't be the midnight riders, except maybe in a DLC. The main group is always going to be multicultural and there has to be at least one girl.

Interfectum

It's amazing the reaction this gets when the team that made L4D1/2 is making Evolve and that got such a poor reception from GAF. You guys complain about the lack of new IP's and when a new one is announced you yawn, a sequel is announced and you go nuts. Never change.

Left 4 Dead 2 is mainly Valve, IIRC.

sflufan

Banned
Shouldn't the thread title be "Early look at Source 2.0?"

But... you know... all fucked up like Cboat do....

Yes, it should be and a mod should change the thread title to such.

The thread title in its current form simply wouldn't be tolerated if it were any other poster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom