• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT| That's Hell You're Walking Into

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pejo

Her NP5 is beastly though, with Medusa my door farming team is now complete.

Never thought that I would say this, but I miss just logging in, killing some hands then wait half a day to kill more hands lol
Two servants playing roles in Saber Wars appear in London first, so I think its unlikely that Saber Wars will come before London.

Looks like you were right. London was confirmed for Dec. 19th, so it also seems like we'll have a week of downtime, thank goodness.

Finally farm-able gears and pages.

Also, Fran and Mordred in the gacha.

EDarkness

Looks like you were right. London was confirmed for Dec. 19th, so it also seems like we'll have a week of downtime, thank goodness.

Oh crap, that's awesome. I can finally build up Emiya. He's been capped due to not having gears. Also, I should be able to get Zhuge up as well.

duongsn

Yeeesss I will throw all my remaining Quartz to this gacha, hoping to get Fran XD

Regarding the current event, I'm on box 7, and at this rate I think I could clear 4 or 5 more boxes until the event ends.

Sciel

Yikes. I mean, at least you'll be set on teeth, proofs, dust, and gems for a while.

I haven't started burning apples yet. Going to give a go tonight after work.
I was mainly doing it for exp cards (and prisms).

I've gotten Saber Lily and Nero both to 80 now in the event Saber Wars dropped this month. Now that it isn't happening, I can feed my exp cards to other servants.

Eresh is finally officially confirmed as coming for the Christmas 2017 event (Limited Gacha).

Requirement for the event is finishing Babylonia.

30 tickets, and 350 stones. Please get me two Eresh cards. And if RNGeezus be so kind, please leave me enough stones for New Year fukubukuro and 2 cards of Caster Of Midrash. (definitely not happening lel).

Also, please be QAABB. Standard Lancer QQABB is fine, too as long as A hits once, and Q hits 20 times. >_____>

Confirmed "Event-participating" servants are Babylonia servants + Paracelcus/previous Santas. Seems like no info if there's going to be a new event Servant.As far as wording on the official link goes, there's going to be a new Santa servant. No info who. My body is ready for Eli-chan Xmas.

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/20022755.html (a twitter link on her NP is there somewhere)

Official link.
http://news.fate-go.jp/2017/christmas2017/

duongsn

Just came across this guide for semi-automated raffle box clear, it's only for iOS though, but I've tried it and it definitely makes the process of burning socks much easier to endure.

Reddit link

As far as wording on the official link goes, there's going to be a new Santa servant. No info who. My body is ready for Eli-chan Xmas.

I hope it will be one of the two remaining alter guys lol. Good luck on pulling Eresh!

Pejo

Eresh is finally officially confirmed as coming for the Christmas 2017 event (Limited Gacha).

Requirement for the event is finishing Babylonia.

30 tickets, and 350 stones. Please get me two Eresh cards. And if RNGeezus be so kind, please leave me enough stones for New Year fukubukuro and 2 cards of Caster Of Midrash. (definitely not happening lel).

Also, please be QAABB. Standard Lancer QQABB is fine, too as long as A hits once, and Q hits 20 times. >_____>

Confirmed "Event-participating" servants are Babylonia servants + Paracelcus/previous Santas. Seems like no info if there's going to be a new event Servant.As far as wording on the official link goes, there's going to be a new Santa servant. No info who. My body is ready for Eli-chan Xmas.

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/20022755.html (a twitter link on her NP is there somewhere)

Official link.

Damn, that NP animation is awesome. Makes me sad that Cu's sucks so bad even after his animation update later.

Well, I didn't clear as many boxes as I wanted to, but still got 18 down. Still need so many xp cards. Cleaned out the entire store minus the silver xp cards though, so that feels good. Also uncapped my Orion clear to level 90 for London.

You guys working on your Euryales and Orions?

duongsn

Damn, that NP animation is awesome. Makes me sad that Cu's sucks so bad even after his animation update later.

Well, I didn't clear as many boxes as I wanted to, but still got 18 down. Still need so many xp cards. Cleaned out the entire store minus the silver xp cards though, so that feels good. Also uncapped my Orion clear to level 90 for London.

You guys working on your Euryales and Orions?

If Cu throws his spear, then his NP animation will get the Michael Bay treatment (as seen in Extella), but for what basically amounts to a spear thrust, I think his current NP animation is pretty on point. Now as a Proto Cu user, I'm still waiting for his animation update :<

Regarding the event, I planned to clear 20 boxes, then I thought the event would end on Tuesday, so I only managed to clear 15 and 1/5 boxes.

My Euryale is sitting at 3rd ascension and NP3. I will ascend her as soon as I have more hearts. I want to make a divine team centered around Stheno, after all.

Pejo

If Cu throws his spear, then his NP animation will get the Michael Bay treatment (as seen in Extella), but for what basically amounts to a spear thrust, I think his current NP animation is pretty on point. Now as a Proto Cu user, I'm still waiting for his animation update :<

Regarding the event, I planned to clear 20 boxes, then I thought the event would end on Tuesday, so I only managed to clear 15 and 1/5 boxes.

My Euryale is sitting at 3rd ascension and NP3. I will ascend her as soon as I have more hearts. I want to make a divine team centered around Stheno, after all.

Yea, it's not as bad as, let's say, Pre-animation update Medusa, but it's still too short. I guess after the first few times seeing it, a fast animation NP isn't the worst thing in the world since you still can't skip them in JP, as far as I know.

You're a brave man for centering anything in the game on Stheno.

Which event is the next big apple dump? I remember there's another lotto event a few months in, but I can't remember which one. I'm definitely not hard-hoarding again though, I saved like 70'ish apples for this event and only used 30 until I burnt out. From now on I'm being liberal with clearing event stores and farming extra XP embers when I need them.

duongsn

Yea, it's not as bad as, let's say, Pre-animation update Medusa, but it's still too short. I guess after the first few times seeing it, a fast animation NP isn't the worst thing in the world since you still can't skip them in JP, as far as I know.

You're a brave man for centering anything in the game on Stheno.

Which event is the next big apple dump? I remember there's another lotto event a few months in, but I can't remember which one. I'm definitely not hard-hoarding again though, I saved like 70'ish apples for this event and only used 30 until I burnt out. From now on I'm being liberal with clearing event stores and farming extra XP embers when I need them.

When Stheno get her 3rd skill, she will be really good I swear!

The next lotto event is Da Vinci & the 7 Fake Heroic Spirit, which even has 2 kinds of lotto boxes, so double the farm fun I guess. I have been using apple here and there outside event to get extra XP and mats, but I try to keep at least 20 apples in stock just in case some event quests have really good drops.

Preview.

2017 Xmas Servant is
Altera/Attila the Sun[ta]
(no, I did not make that pun, they did; and yes that is her official name). Archer, NP hits single enemy.

Which is welcome since I only have Archer Inferno and Euryale leveled up. (Planning to level Touta, but haven't maxed Inferno yet).

Event starts on Friday night, and follows the shitty Xmas tradition of being only 10 days and some hours. Has Box Gacha with Ghost Lantern and Cerebrospinal fluid, which I desperately need. Also has some Magatama for prize exchange.

Thankfully, the upper event-exchange drops are not exclusive to 5* servants and the main Event Servant. Ushiwaka drops Snow Baby which seems to be the higher-tier exchange item.

I'm a bit disappointed in Eresh's stats, considering that her NP is damage based (she opens with a Buster buff, then attacks). 10k ATK and 16k HP. I hope some dev makes a mistake and make it 16k ATK and 10k HP, hue.

Edit: sorry, my mistake, seems like this year's santa has single target NP.

duongsn

Preview.

2017 Xmas Servant is
(no, I did not make that pun, they did; and yes that is her official name). Archer, NP hits single enemy.

Which is welcome since I only have Archer Inferno and Euryale leveled up. (Planning to level Touta, but haven't maxed Inferno yet).

Event starts on Friday night, and follows the shitty Xmas tradition of being only 10 days and some hours. Has Box Gacha with Ghost Lantern and Cerebrospinal fluid, which I desperately need. Also has some Magatama for prize exchange.

Thankfully, the upper event-exchange drops are not exclusive to 5* servants and the main Event Servant. Ushiwaka drops Snow Baby which seems to be the higher-tier exchange item.

I'm a bit disappointed in Eresh's stats, considering that her NP is damage based (she opens with a Buster buff, then attacks). 10k ATK and 16k HP. I hope some dev makes a mistake and make it 16k ATK and 10k HP, hue.

The welfare servant is amazing lol And finally I can get some stakes for my girl Okeanos Caster.

Pejo

Preview.

2017 Xmas Servant is

Oh man, I want that jolly conqueror, she looks great.

Day 2 in the ember mines, no signs of leaving any time soon. I should at least pop through a few of the class dailies to get my master missions done.

EDarkness

So JP ended up getting a pretty good free servant? That's cool. I think I want that bathing suit Scath. Hopefully we'll get her next year.

duongsn

I've decided to tryhard and get as many Mona Lisa CEs as I can. I have 1045 mana prism now, hopefully I can get all 5 copies before it disappears.

So JP ended up getting a pretty good free servant? That's cool. I think I want that bathing suit Scath. Hopefully we'll get her next year.

Mecha Eli-chan is pretty dang hard to beat, though.

What's the difference between 1 normal and 1 MLB? 8% vs. 10%?

Not worth it imo.

2% and 10%.

Mona Lisa is actually one of the universally useful CE when you want to max out your Servants. Another is the Chaldea Lunch Time but that depends on whether you actually want to/have time to grind out bonds*.

*Most useful function is in last chapter of part 1 where Servants get bonus attack depending on bond. Still, Level 6~7 bond is enough for that.

I've seen weird shenanigans on the last chapter. One of the bosses was a Caster, so I borrowed someone's Level 100 + Bond 10 Ushiwakamaru (equipped with anti-Caster CE; +35% damage against Caster). I don't remember which supports I had but I managed to do 511k damage on the enemy with a single Dan-no-ura Hassoutobi. LEL.

I still wish they redo Bond CE. I can't help but imagine that this is what happened.
Manager: Hey, we're implementing this feature. Think of a CE exclusive to Herakles.
Team: Ok!
*1 week later*
Manager: Nice! Now do this for every Servant!
Team: WE HAVE TO DO THIS 200 MORE TIMES?
*after boss leaves*
Team Member: Let's just copy paste them all over.

duongsn

What's the difference between 1 normal and 1 MLB? 8% vs. 10%?

Not worth it imo.

As ATXAlchemy already said, its actually 2% vs 10%. And you get good value for every copy you own, it's just that a MLB one leaves you slots to equip Kaleidoscope/Imaginary Number for faster farming and possibly netting more FP. I too used to think that its not worth it, but after running out of QP in JP ver recently, I think it's best to get as much as I can from now on.

I still wish they redo Bond CE.

Me too. Most current Bond CE's effect is kinda lame.

Pejo

Mecha Eli-chan is pretty dang hard to beat, though.

2% and 10%.

Mona Lisa is actually one of the universally useful CE when you want to max out your Servants. Another is the Chaldea Lunch Time but that depends on whether you actually want to/have time to grind out bonds*.

*Snip*

As ATXAlchemy already said, its actually 2% vs 10%. And you get good value for every copy you own, it's just that a MLB one leaves you slots to equip Kaleidoscope/Imaginary Number for faster farming and possibly netting more FP. I too used to think that its not worth it, but after running out of QP in JP ver recently, I think it's best to get as much as I can from now on.

Me too. Most current Bond CE's effect is kinda lame.

Ah thanks guys, I had no idea just having 1 was 2%, so it's pretty much a "MLB or forget it" situation? Bummer. I bought one anyways for collection purposes.

*Edit*

Saw Nero staring at me from the summon screen, decided to burn a single ticket to try my luck - 3 lines (yay a servant) -> Gold card (wow!) -> Saber card (!!!) -> Altera NP3 ; ;

ATXAlchemy, reporting for &#29190;&#27515;.

390 stones and 31 tickets, no Ereshkigal.

NP4 Ana-chan
NP1 Gilgamesh
NP1 Shinssin-san

Still no Formal Craft or any of the nicer Art cards.

Also, I'm trading away this Zhuge Liang. Don't need or want it. Priority to those trading their Eresh. Offer stays up until the end of time or I get 2 Eresh cards. >___>

P.S. On Eresh's NP (spoilers, for real)...
NITOCRIS IS WATCHING! Hahahahahaha! She's not always there, but you can see her at the edge with her cover.

Edit: After not getting Eresh, I now have to have a camera shoved down my throat. Definitely not a good day.

Edit2: More Eresh talk:
she also has multiple skill animations

duongsn

ATXAlchemy, reporting for &#29190;&#27515;.

390 stones and 31 tickets, no Ereshkigal.

NP4 Ana-chan
NP1 Gilgamesh
NP1 Shinssin-san

Still no Formal Craft or any of the nicer Art cards.

Also, I'm trading away this Zhuge Liang. Don't need or want it. Priority to those trading their Eresh. Offer stays up until the end of time or I get 2 Eresh cards. >___>

P.S. On Eresh's NP (spoilers, for real)...
NITOCRIS IS WATCHING! Hahahahahaha! She's not always there, but you can see her at the edge with her cover.

Edit: After not getting Eresh, I now have to have a camera shoved down my throat. Definitely not a good day.

Edit2: More Eresh talk:
she also has multiple skill animations

Damn that sucks :s This is the reason I only aim to get 4* servants. Any 5* that decides to join my Chaldea, I will gladly welcome them except Vlad

In regard of Eresh's NP
King Hassan is there watching, too
. DW has really been stepping up their NP animation game lately. I really like the scene at the end of Abigail's NP.

EDarkness

After the Christmas event, I'm pretty bored now. That event gave me a ton of EXP cards and allowed me to get a lot of servants capped. I probably won't be doing much in it even after London comes out since it's something that can be done at any pace. I just wished the Ocean story group allowed us to upgrade Mash. She's really behind the curve now.

Pejo

After the Christmas event, I'm pretty bored now. That event gave me a ton of EXP cards and allowed me to get a lot of servants capped. I probably won't be doing much in it even after London comes out since it's something that can be done at any pace. I just wished the Ocean story group allowed us to upgrade Mash. She's really behind the curve now.

Mash eventually gets a 4* version, though I don't know when.

Also, don't forget that London also opened up 3 new Mystic Codes (outfits) for us. It's especially worthwhile to get the one that looks like a gundam suit since it lets you swap active/backup party members.

Did 90 Quartz hoping for Mordred, but only got a Fran (and a troll Siegfried). Ah well, saving the rest for Artoria Lancer Alter in a few weeks.

Cruziao

Neo Member

Good news then since you can upgrade Mash
to level 60 after chapter 4
in London. Tbh I completely forgot that I have her lol

EDarkness

I was going to pull with all of the SQ they gave us, but then I noticed that Scathach isn't in the list for some odd reason. I guess I'll hold off until she's in there. Not that I'm gonna get her in the first place, but I at least want the chance. It's strange that not all 5* units are in the pool at all times. I thought that Gilgamesh was just an exception, but looks to be the norm for this sort of thing.

Damn that sucks :s This is the reason I only aim to get 4* servants. Any 5* that decides to join my Chaldea, I will gladly welcome them except Vlad

Yeah, I never aim for 5* as well; only 4 stars. I just made an exemption for Ereshkigal. Anyways, I decided to drop 80 USD (yay for no tax) and got a single copy (for the latest tally, that's 31 tickets and 480 stones). I'm done spending on the game for the next 7 months until they open up for Swimwear Kiyohime, Marie, Martha, and Minamoto no Raikou. I want Kiyo and Raikou at least.

On the other hand, I'm a bit sad that Ana-chan didn't get to NP5 with how much stones I dropped. She's now has the highest NP Lv. among my non-Event gold servants. Previously, it was Inferno at Lv.3.

Chance for a solo-PickUp 5* is still very low in a single 167 Quartz buy. Or even multiple buys. A 4* soloPickup on the other hand is very obtainable in a single 167 buy.

They have a pity system, but it only works for CEOs and child of such CEOs. To get 10x Unnamed Spirit Base, you need at least a single 5* Servant at NP5 then get another 10 copies, or get multiple 5* Servants at NP5 and split between them.

Not really usable in either case, since by the time you got 10x Unlabeled Spirit Base, you could have probably bought a new car or a yacht.

Heck, even their Rareprism shop is quite expensive, with more than half the items there being ridiculous.

I'll stop the gambling rant here.

Also, what's wrong with Vlad? Aphocrypha stuff?

I'm welcoming anyone in my team (didn't say I'll level them up), except fucking Tristan. Tristan is the finitely the root of all evils. If the admins decide to give 5 copies of Tristan as compensation for extended server Maintenance, I'll sell all of those without second thought.

Seriously, fuck Tristan.

I was going to pull with all of the SQ they gave us, but then I noticed that Scathach isn't in the list for some odd reason. I guess I'll hold off until she's in there. Not that I'm gonna get her in the first place, but I at least want the chance. It's strange that not all 5* units are in the pool at all times. I thought that Gilgamesh was just an exception, but looks to be the norm for this sort of thing.

There's four types of Servant. Limited Time, Story-Exclusive, Normal, and Event.

Limited Time = Servants you only get when they are on the banner/Pick Up. Only 5* Servants are here. Or "limited" event-related Servants like Fate/Extra CCC and Swimwear ones. Edit---> Scathach is in here. She's been avaible 4 times over the course of the games' life in Japan, plus one Guaranteed 5* gacha; so 5 times total.

Story Exclusive = Servants you only get when using the normal Gacha (the one that's always there). Story-bound; aka you will never get them unless you finish the chapters they're unlocked. Can go from 3* to 5*. See that NP1 Caster Cu Chulainn you never got another copy of? He's Story Exclusive. You can never get 3* Story Exclusive characters from Friend Point.

If they appear in a Pick Up banner, you can get them without finishing those chapters.

Normal = They are always there, unless we're talking about extremely limited Gacha like Male-only Gacha.

Events = self explanatory.

Fukubukuro/Grab Bags/Guaranteed 5* (historically on JP):

2016 New Year = All normal Servants at the time + Okita Souji (special case)
2016 Anniversary = All normal + all story exclusive (Seperated between Saber/Archer/Lancer/Extra and Rider/Caster/Assassin/Bersker pools.
2017 New Year = All normal + story Exclusive Servants (Seperated by class with Assassin/Extra combine since there was only Jack and Jeanne at the time)
2017 Anniversary = All 5* servants including limited. No seperation by class so it's harder to "aim" for one.

2018 New Year = I'll report in a few weeks if I'll finally get Tamamo.

Also, you can look here for all Limited Servants. http://fategrandorder.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Limited_Servant

For better look of their history, you can take a look here. It's in JP, but should be usable for you guys.

The list also includes some extremely limited 4* Servants like swimwear.

CTRL+F this: &#26399;&#38291;&#38480;&#23450;&#12469;&#12540;&#12532;&#12449;&#12531;&#12488;&#30331;&#22580;&#22238;&#25968;
Then click on the + near the "&#30331;&#22580;&#22238;&#25968;&#19968;&#35239;&#34920;&#65288;&#65291;&#12463;&#12522;&#12483;&#12463;&#12391;&#23637;&#38283;&#65289;"

You can see the dates there of how many times they have gone available (usually Pick Up). With the dates in parenthesis being special ones (like Okita Souji being added on 2016 New Year or the 2nd Anniv).

If you scroll above, you can see a tally how Servants are divided between the catergories above (up until Servant No. 197). More then half of 5* Servants are Limited, lel.

Yeah, I researched all this, because while I don't mind spending on games, spending in general bothers me, so I have a self-imposed limit on how much I can spend on 'luxury stuff' (games, movies, food trips, etc). And the fact that gacha is gambling. >____>

Good news then since you can upgrade Mash
to level 60 after chapter 4
in London. Tbh I completely forgot that I have her lol

Mash is not good until you get to the difficult parts (Chapter 6~), because DEF is not really useful at early game and her usefulness shoots up at those parts.

And she takes a slot in the team when she doesn't use bond EXP.

Pejo

So I guess word is that we're getting 11 gold apples and 11 apologems for this recent glitch. Not bad, and it goes straight to my Lancer Artoria Alter fund.

I picked up all 3 Mystic Codes, can see myself using two of them quite often (especially the swap out servants one). It's a shame that swapping servants isn't just an in-game mechanic, it'd give the battle system some much-needed depth.

Uncapped Scat to 90, just need more and more xp cards, I can't wait to get "caught up" on leveling servants.

I used Mordred as the guest character, she's ok, but not worth dumping money for, IMO. It's a shame too, since she's my favorite saberface by design and personality. My NP5 Saber Alter's NP damage destroys hers out of the gate anyways, so I'll just wait and hopefully get spooked by her someday.

Also, animation update for the Fate Stay/Night characters is coming in the next week or so, I can't wait for that. Cu finally going to get out of generic lancer animation hell. I think the characters getting the update are Medea (caster), Medusa, Cu, and...maybe Herc? I forget if there's more. I doubt we'll get Cursed Arm since it just came out in JP recently.

EDarkness

Looks like we're getting some decent compensation. Looks like 11 SQ and 11 Apples. I'm okay with that. Not sure I want to pull on the current banner. I'll just live with the group I have until I can get a chance at Scath. The odds are slim, of course, but I at least want that chance.

I do wish they would just keep all servants in the pool at all times.

Been working through London and got to the part where Mash gets buffed. It's about damn time. Gotta feed her some EXP cards to get her up to 60. Maybe she'll actually be usable now.

Pejo

Won some cash at work this morning for a christmas giveaway, so I did another 10 pull with the Artoria Lancer Alter reserve I had, riding that wave of luck, and got Mordred
and NP2 Fran
! She's got a long way to go until I can even level her, but I'm still pretty happy about it.

duongsn

I'll stop the gambling rant here.

Also, what's wrong with Vlad? Aphocrypha stuff?

I'm welcoming anyone in my team (didn't say I'll level them up), except fucking Tristan. Tristan is the finitely the root of all evils. If the admins decide to give 5 copies of Tristan as compensation for extended server Maintenance, I'll sell all of those without second thought.

Seriously, fuck Tristan.

I just want Fran and it still took 120 quartz before she came home. The only 5* I really really want is Amakusa Shirou, and I will whale a little bit for his gacha, hoping to find a shred of light in this gacha hell.

In regard of Vlad, I just don't feel right with his art. Why are all other Aprocypha servants drawn by the original Apocrypha artist, but Vlad isn't? I guess that mean I want him to be even more Apocrypha-like lol. Then again, he already came to my JP Chaldea...I don't hate him to the point that I'd burn him, but...what could have been!

Also, animation update for the Fate Stay/Night characters is coming in the next week or so, I can't wait for that. Cu finally going to get out of generic lancer animation hell. I think the characters getting the update are Medea (caster), Medusa, Cu, and...maybe Herc? I forget if there's more. I doubt we'll get Cursed Arm since it just came out in JP recently.

It's Medea, Medusa, Cu and Saber Alter. We still need to wait another while for Herc.

EDarkness

Artoria Alter is getting some animation changes? That's great. I always felt like her animations didn't have a whole lot of flow to them.

Pejo

Nice, only took 1 ticket and 2-10 rolls to get Lancer Alter. No more rolling for me until Feb! Time to hoard and go back and do all the Okeanos/London Free Quests for Quartz.

You guys roll on this banner, or nah?

EDarkness

Nice, only took 1 ticket and 2-10 rolls to get Lancer Alter. No more rolling for me until Feb! Time to hoard and go back and do all the Okeanos/London Free Quests for Quartz.

You guys roll on this banner, or nah?

There's a new banner? I haven't played that much after the Christmas event finished. I think Scath not being part of the banner really soured me a lot.

Congrats on getting the servant you wanted.

Pejo

There's a new banner? I haven't played that much after the Christmas event finished. I think Scath not being part of the banner really soured me a lot.

Congrats on getting the servant you wanted.

Thanks! Yea it just popped up last night at 9PM Pacific. Rate up on Lancer Artoria Alter and Tesla.

Also, you >may< have a shot to get Scat again if we get a new years banner. It looks like JP got her on a new years banner in 2016, so it might be worth it to farm London's quartz to get another shot at her.

EDarkness

Thanks! Yea it just popped up last night at 9PM Pacific. Rate up on Lancer Artoria Alter and Tesla.

Also, you >may< have a shot to get Scat again if we get a new years banner. It looks like JP got her on a new years banner in 2016, so it might be worth it to farm London's quartz to get another shot at her.

I have about 60 SQ saved up right now. I'll probably get jack shit from this, but I want the chance. I'd like to have Artoria Alter Lancer, but no chance I'm getting her. Just gonna save until something good happens. My crew can pretty much beat content right now, so there's no real rush at this point.

Pejo

Animation update is out, I'm pretty impressed. I've tried Cu and Saber Alter so far, gotta dig out my Medusa and Medea later and play around a bit.

Pejo

Cu and Artoria Alter animations are fraggin' badass, man. I'm seriously impressed.

Agreed. It kinda stinks that there are so many characters with generic animations when you see what they could be. I'm still holding out hope that they eventually give Martha better animations than generic spellcasting with the staff. It happened with Carmilla, so you never know.

EDarkness

Agreed. It kinda stinks that there are so many characters with generic animations when you see what they could be. I'm still holding out hope that they eventually give Martha better animations than generic spellcasting with the staff. It happened with Carmilla, so you never know.

Is Carmilla gonna get better animations, too?

As expected, I was disappointed by the Lucky Bag 2018. Got Ozzy.

I really hope that emergency maintainance ends up in a rollback, so I can do it again, lulz.

Edit: Apparently, some people got to pull Lucky Bag more than once, and got lots of 5*.

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/20023782.html

ROLL BACK PLS AND GIVE ME TAMA-CHAN!

Edit 2:

No rollback. What they did was manually adjust each and every account affected (around 200 accounts).

I am speaking from an software engineer perspective here, but either they might not have a recent database back up, or the admins must be shitty tier to let their engineers manually change those.

Also, I don't really like Ozimandias much. He goes into storage with Zhuge Liang, lol.

In all honesty, I would have had a better result with the old new year lucky bag. If I choose Caster class, it'd be a win for me for 3 of 4 cases. I'd sell Zhuge Liang and get working on my Lunch Time/Mona Lisa. Tama-chan is jackpot, and Sanzou isn't bad. Not really sure about Fuyajou no Caster since I have yet to play Agartha, but I don't like her design or her animations much. >__>

Huhuhu... Not sure if I'll throw all my tickets on Hokusai or Tama-chan rate up. On one hand, Tama-chan is normal Servant so there's a chance I get Tama-chan any other time, on the other hand, I want Tama-chan sooner than later.

EDarkness

I thought it was cool that they gave us 18 SQ in Global. I have a bunch saved up for when Scath comes back into the pool. I know I won't get lucky, but I at least want the chance to get her. Outside of that, I'm looking forward to the Saber Wars event. Just hope it's not as grindy as the last one.

duongsn

As expected, I was disappointed by the Lucky Bag 2018. Got Ozzy.

I really hope that emergency maintainance ends up in a rollback, so I can do it again, lulz.

Edit: Apparently, some people got to pull Lucky Bag more than once, and got lots of 5*.

http://blog.esuteru.com/archives/20023782.html

ROLL BACK PLS AND GIVE ME TAMA-CHAN!

Edit 2:

No rollback. What they did was manually adjust each and every account affected (around 200 accounts).

I am speaking from an software engineer perspective here, but either they might not have a recent database back up, or the admins must be shitty tier to let their engineers manually change those.

Also, I don't really like Ozimandias much. He goes into storage with Zhuge Liang, lol.

In all honesty, I would have had a better result with the old new year lucky bag. If I choose Caster class, it'd be a win for me for 3 of 4 cases. I'd sell Zhuge Liang and get working on my Lunch Time/Mona Lisa. Tama-chan is jackpot, and Sanzou isn't bad. Not really sure about Fuyajou no Caster since I have yet to play Agartha, but I don't like her design or her animations much. >__>

Huhuhu... Not sure if I'll throw all my tickets on Hokusai or Tama-chan rate up. On one hand, Tama-chan is normal Servant so there's a chance I get Tama-chan any other time, on the other hand, I want Tama-chan sooner than later.

As much as I want a rollback for all players, you gotta admit that what DW chose to do is the best option, as this is not a game breaking bug that affected everyone. Not to mention there are players who got good lucky bag rolls and do not want to be at the mercy of the gacha again. I don't spend money on my JP account, so no lucky bag roll for me either ways, though I would very much like to try my luck again for Hokusai

And I think you should save for Tamamo, I smell a rate-up soon coming along with her animation update. With the rate as low as it is, who know when she will decide to give you a visit normally.

On NA side, last month I decided to throw a 10 pulls on Story Gacha on my birthday and got Tamamo Cat and Caster Gilles, which I'm really happy about. Played through London and got impressed so much by Tesla that I dropped two 10 pulls on his gacha, only to get another Stheno (I'm fine with this!!). Now with my 200th log in coming up in ten more days, I will get two full tries at the Saber Wars gacha. This event gives a generous amount of hearts too, so I'm looking forward to it.

As much as I want a rollback for all players, you gotta admit that what DW chose to do is the best option, as this is not a game breaking bug that affected everyone. Not to mention there are players who got good lucky bag rolls and do not want to be at the mercy of the gacha again. I don't spend money on my JP account, so no lucky bag roll for me either ways, though I would very much like to try my luck again for Hokusai

Not for the engineers. I'd hate to be the engineer on high-pressure situation like this while the entire country is still on vacation until the 5th.

Let's just say I have some experience working with Japanese companies (or counterparts, rather) and know how shitty their workplace can be.
I spent some months in our JP location and there was this one guy who didn't go home... or take a bath for about a week.

P.S. The problem is still not fixed after 12+ hours of maintenance. None of those affected can play their accounts even now. There is a roll back happening, but only to those who are affected. So not exactly the best option. Hopefully, they can do better next time. Like a free lucky bag for every player who pulled on lucky bag as apology.

duongsn

Not for the engineers. I'd hate to be the engineer on high-pressure situation like this while the entire country is still on vacation until the 5th.

Let's just say I have some experience working with Japanese companies (or counterparts, rather) and know how shitty their workplace can be.
I spent some months in our JP location and there was this one guy who didn't go home... or take a bath for about a week.

Damn...another terrifying story about Japanese work environment :s

P.S. The problem is still not fixed after 12+ hours of maintenance. None of those affected can play their accounts even now. There is a roll back happening, but only to those who are affected. So not exactly the best option. Hopefully, they can do better next time. Like a free lucky bag for every player who pulled on lucky bag as apology.

Free lucky bag for everyone as apology! Similarly, in the recent CE disappearing debacle in NA, there are some players who got locked out of their accounts for more than 3 days, but still receive the same compensation as everyone else, so yeah, I think DW need to distribute separate compensation to affected individuals or just give something to everyone lol

Pejo

I thought it was cool that they gave us 18 SQ in Global. I have a bunch saved up for when Scath comes back into the pool. I know I won't get lucky, but I at least want the chance to get her. Outside of that, I'm looking forward to the Saber Wars event. Just hope it's not as grindy as the last one.

Got bad news for you. It seems like every event in this game is a grindfest, lol.

I'm back up to enough for 2 10 pulls, might as well drop them on Saber Wars since MHX is extremely limited (never came back on rateup on JP if I recall), though I won't be too upset if I don't get her. Also wouldn't mind a Nero.

Finally got Saber Lily leveled up to 70, which is all she's getting. Here's my event team:

coJuQtC.jpg

EDarkness

I got the ticket last night and got another 4* unit... Tamamo Cat. Not sure if I should build her up or just throw her on the back burner like Medea Lily. Her card looks awesome, though.

Pejo

I got the ticket last night and got another 4* unit... Tamamo Cat. Not sure if I should build her up or just throw her on the back burner like Medea Lily. Her card looks awesome, though.

Congrats! She's a really good door/hand farming waveclear option if you don't have Lancelot, just keep in mind her NP stuns her for one turn after using it.

I ended up doing 3 10-pulls last night, first one was a real heartbreaker. Got 2 silver Saber cards in a row that ended up cracking into gold.... and I got NP2 d'Eon and NP4 Altera. I did get MHX on the last pull, but it kills me that Nero continues to elude me. It doesn't bode well if I roll on her Bride variant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom