• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

LotusHD

Banned
How is GT Goku a good compromise if he doesn't use the stuff people want from Kid Goku?

Are you serious right now?

Also to Undead, you don't have to fly to be in this game. It's called Dragon Rush not Dragon Fly.

Not that it matters for Kid Goku, but what about stuff like stage transitions?

mas8705

They said they will rep all DB ages. GT is sadly going to be in.

Might as well have the Kid Goku that can fly.

I would imagine that if GT characters were to get in, it would either be in the case of
SSJ4s, Omega Shenron, Super 17, Baby, or Uub
over GT Kid Goku.

As for
Pan... That's honestly a coin flip for me. Not to say that I'm against her getting in, but part of me really does feel like we should have seen her do more in GT rather than being DB's Scrappy Doo.

It can be hard to write opinions on GT without it being negative on it...

I-hate-u

But Uub sucks in GT.

What doesn't suck in GT??

Seriously the only GT representation I want is a melodic Dan Dan Kokoro Hikareteku theme.

How is GT Goku a good compromise if he doesn't use the stuff people want from Kid Goku?

Not that it matters for Kid Goku, but what about stuff like stage transitions?

latest

Bruh it's so easy to make him playable.

I-hate-u

SSJ4 Gogeta is alright.

I literally said "not that it matters for Kid Goku"

Oh, sorry.

Um, Roshi has his stupid turtle thing, Tao Pai Pai has his pole, Red Ribbon Army Generals have planes, Bulma has her capsules, Chi Chi has Kinto Un.

Aaand that's pretty much it for characters that can't fly. Even Yajirobe has his car.

2 Gokus is twice as much as we need. Please stop.

15011.gif

He shall return.

Spman2099

Also to Undead, you don't have to fly to be in this game. It's called Dragon Rush not Dragon Fly.

In all seriousness, I think this is a weird argument that gets brought up. Kid Goku fought a bunch of aerial battles. People have to remember that the Dragon Ball characters may not have been flying a bunch, but they did jump super high, like a hundred feet into the air, pretty regularly. That is with ignoring the nimbus, which obviously is another solution to this "problem".

I think it will be a major oversight if the protagonist from the first section of the series doesn't make the cut. He is as distinct from his adult form as he could be and he has SO MUCH POTENTIAL.

That being said, I take comfort in knowing that if he doesn't make the base roster he will surely make it in as DLC at some point.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
This thread always goes into post announcement depression soon after some reveals, thats when people starts asking for garbage GT stuff.

Zubz

Banned
All this talk about Buu, one day the best Buu will have his chance (well, no chance in FighterZ, but hoping in a sequel).

DB Super spoilers:

They seriously need to rectify cutting us off from this
Buu. Frieza was a nice twist & I don't really care for Buu, but this was a cool design.

Zomba13

I'd say we only needed 3 Gokus. Shame that Blue is a separate character and not an install. Guess we need 4 now.

Normal (SSJ)
Blue
Black
Kid

Skeeter49

They seriously need to rectify cutting us off from this
Buu. Frieza was a nice twist & I don't really care for Buu, but this was a cool design.
I'm hoping in future episodes he can transform into a
slimmer Buu
and it'll make him stronger.

So they can keep
Fat Buu
in chill time,
skinny Buu
when shit gets real.

delta_reg

If we're talking DB representation I'd rather have Master Roshi than Kid Goku if given the choice personally. They both could have good unique movesets but we already have two Gokus on the roster as it is, and maybe more with Goku Black and SSJ 4 Goku. As for Roshi not being able to fly, he can still dash, it'd probably be fine. I trust Arc Systems Works could figure it out.

Also about Mystic Gohan, I'd love for him to be on the roster but I worry a bit that he doesn't have enough special attacks to be an interesting fighter. I actually maybe wouldn't mind if they waited and incorporated him into the series at a later date, since they might have more to pull from with DB Super.

3698aec5a5b004bcf74f90cb0dc2b319.gif

4678460+_4ef58f71b22dc1c9c9ec9e846493a3ee.gif

Vegito and Gotenks are super fun characters with creative movelists I wanna see both in.

HTTPS9tZWRpYS5naXBoeS5jb20vbWVkaWEvRVltQUhMcHc1TEJiRy9naXBoeS5naWYlog.gif

I am so disappointed in you guys right now.

I would rather Uub than another Goku that is not OG/Black for GT rep in that case

What doesn't suck in GT??

Seriously the only GT representation I want is a melodic Dan Dan Kokoro Hikareteku theme.

latest

Bruh it's so easy to make him playable.

Oh, sorry.

Um, Roshi has his stupid turtle thing, Tao Pai Pai has his pole, Red Ribbon Army Generals have planes, Bulma has her capsules, Chi Chi has Kinto Un.

Aaand that's pretty much it for characters that can't fly. Even Yajirobe has his car.

15011.gif

He shall return.

I-love-u

DB Kid Goku just makes too much sense.
That's why it won't happen.
;''''''''''''[

Kid Goku gotta be in this game. Would be such a fun character. Kid Goku, Goku Black, and Bardock would round out the 5 Goku's on the roster better than most games haha.

I would rather have SSj4 Goku then Bardock.

HFIL I'd take Garlic Jr. over Bardock.

I don't care too much for Bardock, though his infinite in EB is mad fun, I just think he is likely. I think GT representation should just be SSj4 Gogeta and Omega Shenron. Maybe Super 17? Not a fan of him, but he could fill a spot. Don't think there is need for much outside of that.

Also a One Piece arcsys fighter is the real dream. JoJo would be good too.

I don't care too much for Bardock, though his infinite in EB is mad fun, I just think he is likely. I think GT representation should just be SSj4 Gogeta and Omega Shenron. Maybe Super 17? Not a fan of him, but he could fill a spot. Don't think there is need for much outside of that.

Also a One Piece arcsys fighter is the real dream. JoJo would be good too.

I fear for Slaythe if Super 17 got in.

SSJ4 Gogeta is actually who I want because he would contrast perfectly with SSJB Vegito.

My most wanted arcsys fighter is like I said above, a complete RWBY based fighter. It's what I'm hoping Cross Tag Battle will lead to.

TreIII

I-love-u

DB Kid Goku just makes too much sense.
That's why it won't happen.
;''''''''''''[

Kid Goku gotta be in this game. Would be such a fun character.

DB Kid Goku is my 1 dream character. Nimbus, Power Pole, his cute ass old school toriyama style face.

There's a lot to do with kid Goku.

Like the way y'all think~!

Again, I'm really hoping the fact that Muscle Tower is an apparent stage in the game isn't for nothing. We need classic Dragon Ball representation. Kid Goku and No. 8 (aka Hacchan/Eighter) would be solid choices to both rep that era of DB, as well as still tie into this game's "Android" storyline.

Top Bottom