• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Quick link to cancel your Star Wars Battlefront 2 Preorder - Vote with your wallet!

Typhares

I agree with him i don't believe the pay to win advantage you receive from crates is larger enough to stop buying the game. People forget the season pass is gone so kind of have to accept a minimal downside. If someone can prove the pay to win advantage is massive only then will i join the club against this.

I wouldn't worry too much. After people accept the loot boxes as normal we will get them in conjuction with season passes soon enough :)

I feel really bad for the people who work at Dice. They're going to be the ones to suffer most from this. EA will still thrive from their shitty business tactics all while giving Dice lower budgets for future titles because they didn't profit enough off of a project. It must really suck to put so much care into a game just to have corporations force bullshit into it.

I never even intended on buying the game but damn. What a shitty situation all around.

Old Empire.

I wouldn't worry too much. After people accept the loot boxes as normal we will get them in conjuction with season passes soon enough :)

Gamers will not buy their game then. At the moment it not too bad.

I'm more upset players don't earn more credits for playing better online . This is so stupid, EA deliberately reducing rewards for better players.

mojojoeo

This is the correct way- cancel and walk.

Also if you haven't seen the latest there is a hard lock on the credits you can earn per and hour in arcade.

Go over it and you are met with a timer.

Just like a mobile game..... in a 60$ triple A game.

2017 rulez

Fuz

Banned
I feel really bad for the people who work at Dice. They're going to be the ones to suffer most from this. EA will still thrive from their shitty business tactics all while giving Dice lower budgets for future titles because they didn't profit enough off of a project. It must really suck to put so much care into a game just to have corporations force bullshit into it.

I never even intended on buying the game but damn. What a shitty situation all around.

No one forces them to work at EA.

And to make gaming, as a whole, way worse in it entirety.

dawgparty

The worst part of this all is that shitty players get the same amount of points per game as good players, meaning there is no incentive to actually git gud... Just sit back and collect your loot boxes for 4000 hours...

Is this true? There's actually no benefit to getting more kills and shit? What the fuck.

TitusTroy

not many people are cancelling...it's just a show on the internet...people pretending to be outraged...fact is that EA has already made major concessions to how the unlocks and microtransactions work...no reason to believe they won't continue to make tweaks

dawgparty

not many people are cancelling...it's just a show on the internet...people pretending to be outraged...fact is that EA has already made major concessions to how the unlocks and microtransactions work...no reason to believe they won't continue to make tweaks

thank you...for this...wisdom...

BANGS

Banned

It's even worse if they continue to make tweeks. People will have already paid for things that become cheaper. Things will just get more broken, etc...

Best that EA just let this dumpster fire burn out, and learn from their mistakes next time...

TitusTroy

It's even worse if they continue to make tweeks. People will have already paid for things that become cheaper. Things will just get more broken, etc...

Best that EA just let this dumpster fire burn out, and learn from their mistakes next time...

EA has already made 2 major changes prior to release which is unheard of for an EA game...I think the vast majority of players don't have that EA Access thing and will only start playing on Friday so the changes will be good news to them

Heigic

With so many great games to play currently I don't see how anyone could choose this game. I really do wonder just how far EA would have to go to get some people to cancel their preorder.

autoduelist

i hate loot boxes. I really hate any sort of timers. I hate $60 AAA games taking on free mobile game mechanics.

I hope the industry stops doing it, and if it takes a sacrificial lamb to move away from that stuff so be it. I wish it wasn't Battlefront, but then again, I remember Dead Space 3.

Nipo

Best that EA just let this dumpster fire burn out, and learn from their mistakes next time.

The mass effect andromeda approach.

Trogdor1123

Gold Member
No, it’s not true. And even before the change, given my earns in multiplayer it’d be under half the estimates to Luke Skywalker
So like 10 hours to unlock a player? Seems kinda high imo.

Either way I put my money where my mouth is. Got the wife to cancel my ps4 preorder.

Maybe ull make a thread about it when ppl who pay to win kill you all over cause they have an advantage.

I'll make a thread when you show me a star card that will make me lose a majority of all the one on one blaster battles. Along with the real percentage of everyone dropping considerable money to even gain that advantage. Loot boxes are dumb but I'll do just fine shooting people in this mp game.

And just like any mp game there will be op guns and skills. And if something is dominating the entire game, dice will most likely balance it. They usually do.

Lucifon

So like 10 hours to unlock a player? Seems kinda high imo.

Either way I put my money where my mouth is. Got the wife to cancel my ps4 preorder.
Definitely less. I've got 6k after 5-6 hours of the trial which includes me finishing the campaign portion and buying 2-3 loot boxes.

Yes the game has concerning issues but goddamn if people aren't jumping on a hatewagon over non issues and spreading misinformation about this game. Complain where complaints are necessary but not over nothing otherwise it just takes attention from the real issues.

Heath V

Pre-order it, post here to let us know, then cancel it.

Perhaps its the lack of sleep I've gotten but this cracked me up. I can't cancel my pre-order because I never preordered it to begin with. I didn't much care for the demo that was released a couple weeks back and all this talk of loot boxes and microtransactions and such turned me off the game even more so and I will not be picking it up for a long time. Shame because I really love the first one and I still play it regularly to this day!

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Eh, loving the early access.

Going to buy it for sure, maybe. Or at launch but not because of this, just because I have so much else to play at the moment. Also, holidays, vacation, and the Surface Book 2 15" 1TB.

Isn't people overreacting a bit about the game? I mean...a guy just posted this on a famous spanish forum

Transl: "a bit less than 9 hours of trial without paying anything"

swdesbloqueo.jpg

https://www.elotrolado.net/viewtopic.php?p=1744830557

Guy has an epic card, 2 level 3's, almost 20k credits and lvl19 on this class.

MAYBE, just MAYBE, it's not AS BAD as we think?

edit: sigh I feel like I am the "EA defense force" but i'm just a star wars fan that wants to blast droids T.T

i believe you start off with a level 8 officer and an upgraded card.

Why on earth would anyone buy an EA game? They only make shit these days. They’ve destroyed so many good gaming companies and franchises. I will never buy their games ever.

I haven't bought an EA game since Dead Space 3. And they aren't making any more Dead Space games so...

Kickz

Definitely less. I've got 6k after 5-6 hours of the trial which includes me finishing the campaign portion and buying 2-3 loot boxes.

Yes the game has concerning issues but goddamn if people aren't jumping on a hatewagon over non issues and spreading misinformation about this game. Complain where complaints are necessary but not over nothing otherwise it just takes attention from the real issues.

Paying money into a $60 game feels sleazy.
If you want to implement such a trash system, then make the game $20

Rick1o1

I wanted this game just for single player but now I don't want it at all. It sucks because I was actually really looking forward to this but I just can't support this.

Just cancelled in the last second. I don't have the time to grind for loot boxes, and refuse to pay for them with real money. So the only logical conclusion was to cancel the game.

Nategc20

Banned
You guys are entitled motherfuckers.

You're going to bomb this game because the company is bringing in extra revenue from extra revenue sources? This is an opportunity to make millions for this publisher and to possibly keep this developer afloat for years. How bout not buy any loot crates? With all the gaming companies and developers closing shop and with AAA gaming dying before your eyes, why not allow companies to generate cash flow? You guys are going to destroy years of hard dedicated work from individuals who's effort could've been put into something else, I think this shit is insane on your guys end.

Top Bottom