• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT44| A Community in Discord

darthbob

Wondering this myself. I've also been wondering if the beta or release will support HDR but I guess Bungie doesn't like to disclose anything.

Hopefully it will, but Bungie has been known to change display options from Beta to Release.

IIRC, the XB1 version of the D1 beta ran at 900p and then was bumped to 1080p for release.

When you go to it's page on the Xbox store it just says "coming soon." There isn't a pre-load option.

Did you buy digital or retail? Retail you have to activate your code via Bungie.net (profile > codes), then select which console you're planning on playing, and it should generate you a beta code to redeem on XBL/PSN.

XBL -> once you redeem it should auto start or show up in queue.

PSN -> Either select "download on PS4' or redeem code and search "BETA" in the store.

ramyeon

Had a Sherpa rage quit on our raid team last night trying to do Vosik challenge in WotM Heroic. Weirdly he seemed really patient and explained everything and did call outs really well but after failure after failure (That said the team was getting the hang of it and getting better) he just left. Thought it was a drop out but he didn't respond to any messages or invites afterwards. Pretty shitty really.

Thankfully I was scheduled as reserve for another WotM run on Normal with a group going after the monitors for Outbreak Prime and that group was fantastic. Two young kids being helped by a friend of their father's to get the monitors and everyone was really communicative.

I love raiding in this game, the occasional dud like last night doesn't really change that.

CLBridges

So ready for Tuesday, gotta go to work but afterward is beta all evening. I even switched back to my D2 PS4 theme. Feels like 2014 all over again 😊

Number45

I'm not massively bothered about doing everything the beta has to offer (prefer to experience it all when the game launches) but I'd like to make sure that I at least get the emblem - assume I just need to get online at some point? I'm also going to try and make sure that I can get on when they open up the social space on Sunday (which I think is at 18:00 in my timezone).

GlamFM

Banned
I'm not massively bothered about doing everything the beta has to offer (prefer to experience it all when the game launches) but I'd like to make sure that I at least get the emblem - assume I just need to get online at some point? I'm also going to try and make sure that I can get on when they open up the social space on Sunday (which I think is at 18:00 in my timezone).

Mostly interested in going of the beaten path in the strike and maybe see some of the patrol area.

Hype is real.

Got PS4 code via preorder, still hunting for XB1 code (I pre-ordered physical but messed up when entering code hah) but hey I'll be playing Destiny 2 tomorrow so no complaints really from me :)

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
will need to wait to after work on wednesday before i can play:( the time zone doesn't really help either since that makes it start at 6PM here in the UK and i won't have any time after that tomorrow to play.

Mostly interested in going of the beaten path in the strike and maybe see some of the patrol area.
Yeah I'm excited to see the first two story missions, finally playing the strike rather than watching videos. And even though I suck at it. I'm going to play around in the crucible.

Yeah I'm excited to see the first two story missions, finally playing the strike rather than watching videos. And even though I suck at it. I'm going to play around in the crucible.

Isn't the Beta just the "Homecoming" mission as far as Story content goes? Haven't seen anywhere saying 2 missions are in it.

X-Frame

Any confirmation yet on HDR support for Pro (and also assuming Xbox X)?

Loading up the beta and not having my TV automatically detect HDR support is not a good sign.

So excited for tomorrow, never played Destiny, but have been itching to play a new Bungie game for awhile.

Just got a PS4 too, so if anyone wants to play hit me up on PSN, name is EnlightenedMint.

Do we have a time tomorrow when the servers are supposed to go up?
Destiny 2 Beta Start Times:
PS4 Early Access
With pre-order: July 18 | 10 AM PT / 1 PM ET / 6 PM BST on July 19
Xbox One Early Access
With pre-order: July 19 | 10 AM PT / 1 PM ET / 6 PM BST on July 20
Open Beta For Everyone
July 21 | 10 AM PT / 1 PM ET / 6 PM BST / 3 AM ET on July 22

Top Bottom