• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Persona 5 |OT2| Someone must have been helping you go to bed early. Talk!

hemo memo

Gold Member
First Palace.. I went prepared for weapons, armors, guns but now almost no SP for all my team so I should have invested in SP regain items. Now I just defeated
Heavenly Punisher
and I don't know if I should keep going or not. I want to finish the Palace as quick as possible to handle the social life without pressure but I read that you need
3 days
minimum to finish the Palace.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So wait, at
7th palace and I'm only 67 hours in? Is there really like 30 hours worth of content more after this? I don't even feel like i've been particularly rushing...

Chaos17

So wait, at
7th palace and I'm only 67 hours in? Is there really like 30 hours worth of content more after this? I don't even feel like i've been particularly rushing...
did you fast forward or what lol ? But yeah gameplay wise you don't play that much.

First Palace.. I went prepared for weapons, armors, guns but now almost no SP for all my team so I should have invested in SP regain items. Now I just defeated
Heavenly Punisher
and I don't know if I should keep going or not. I want to finish the Palace as quick as possible to handle the social life without pressure but I read that I need
3 days
minimum to finish the Palace.

You're fine to go as far as you can go each time you're in. The 3 days is a story contrivance,
you need to find the treasure (day 1), then send a calling card (day 2) which triggers the boss fight the next day (day 3).
You can do that process as early as you want.

lol at that title, those social link interrogation scenes just became more and more contrived lol

*befriend kid who is good at arcade games*
"WHO WAS GIVING YOU ADVANCED FIREARMS TRAINING?!?!?"

Airbar

Neo Member
So I'm at the end of the 3rd Palace. It's amazing how likeable I find the cast while my feelings towards them are always mirrored by the party.
I hated Yusuke and Makoto at first but once they join you and you actually get to know them they've both been in my parties.
I constantly swap my party so everyone gets time. Except for Morgana. Fuck Morgana!

Domstercool

So wait, at

That's insane. I was like that time in September, then ended the game at 110 hours. :O

You been doing mementos? Confidant quests? Stat increases? Or just playing the story forward?

Even my brother has a similar time. I guess people just read fast or skip voice over too? *shrugs*

So wait, at

My friend beat the game in 69 hours, so I don't think it's impossible. It all comes down to your playstyle and how much of the mementos you explored.

I finished everything including mementos requests and I beat the game in a little less than 100 hours on normal difficulty.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
but yeah that's it the game only long because long story not because of gameplay.

Hmm I do blast through the dungeons. Usually get them done within 3 hours.

That's insane. I was like that time in September, then ended the game at 110 hours. :O

You been doing mementos? Confidant quests? Stat increases? Or just playing the story forward?

Even my brother has a similar time. I guess people just read fast or skip voice over too? *shrugs*

How long do you spend in palaces? I think I spent roughly 3 hours for the longest one. I did all the memento quests that I get too.

Domstercool

My friend beat the game in 69 hours, so I don't think it's impossible. It all comes down to your playstyle and how much of the mementos you explored.

I finished everything including mementos requests and I beat the game in a little less than 100 hours on normal difficulty.

Remember your stats?

I did normal @ 110 hours. 5 max stats, 14 max confidants. Lv 76. I felt quite happy with that result. :D

Hylian7

Just beat the boss of the third dungeon:
Once I was finally able to recruit an Angel, the dungeon got pretty easy from that point on. Orobas were kicking my ass before
that. Surprisingly, Kaneshiro was really easy for me.

I'm also about 90% sure that the other person in the metaverse is Akechi. He seems way too Adachi-like, and we know he can understand Morgana.

Now I just need to go through the remaining days until the confession/whatever it is this time.

Domstercool

Hmm I do blast through the dungeons. Usually get them done within 3 hours.

How long do you spend in palaces? I think I spent roughly 3 hours for the longest one.

Certainly a few hours, because I try to beat them on the same day I go in. I remember one taking me an evening because I got a little lost in its puzzle. :(

Has anyone remote played this?

yes. on my xperia xz.

Just beat the boss of the third dungeon:
Once I was finally able to recruit an Angel, the dungeon got pretty easy from that point on. Orobas were kicking my ass before
that. Surprisingly, Kaneshiro was really easy for me.

I'm also about 90% sure that the other person in the metaverse is Akechi. He seems way too Adachi-like, and we know he can understand Morgana.

Now I just need to go through the remaining days until the confession/whatever it is this time.

must have missed that...
how do we know that he understands morgana ?

Remember your stats?

I did normal @ 110 hours. 5 max stats, 14 max confidants. Lv 76. I felt quite happy with that result. :D

Pretty similar, actually. I don't remember the number of maxed confidants, but I got every girl and party member maxed at least. I have maxed all the 5 stats as well, and I was level 75 when I faced the final boss.

Dabi

So I missed out on the Showa holiday. Spent the day in a palace due to time mismanagement lol. Did I miss out on anything significant in the real world?

Domstercool

Pretty similar, actually. I don't remember the number of maxed confidants, but I got every girl and party member maxed at least. I have maxed all the 5 stats as well, and I was level 75 when I faced the final boss.

That's pretty close. I guess we can assume the time difference would be variables like how fast people read the none voiced lines and time spent in dungeons/mementos?

silva1991

Now that I have Super Yoshitsune sama, I'm thinking of personas with the strongest elemental attacks.

Baal and his Panta Rhei will be mine soon.

Not sure why the game is being so stingy with unlocking party buffs/group debuffs. What's the soonest I can get the party defense buff spell?

Romance :
Can I break up with someone ? I had a romance relationship with Takemi and Kawakami but it's was just for social link points, can I break up with them ?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Mind control sure is annoying.

Also when the boss is weak to guns and guns are the last thing you try ;_;

That's pretty close. I guess we can assume the time difference would be variables like how fast people read the none voiced lines and time spent in dungeons/mementos?

Yeah, and I think it's mostly mementos. From around the last three mementos zones or so, I started to skip everything and went straight to find the request target and the ladder down to the lower level. I found the loots useless and the exp gained insignificant. The best place to get exp is still certain shadow(s) in the latest dungeons.

JJShadow

I haven't played this since Tuesday due to the Easter holydays and the withdrawal is starting to hit really hard

Thanks God I'm coming back home later today, those hearts need to be stolen asap

Yeah, and I think it's mostly mementos. From around the last three mementos zones or so, I started to skip everything and went straight to find the request target and the ladder down to the lower level. I found the loots useless and the exp gained insignificant. The best place to get exp is still certain shadow(s) in the latest dungeons.

The best way to get EXP is
fighting against the Reaper in Mementos during flu seasons. There is a big chance it will be in despair and you will only have to wait 3 turns so that it dies normally. And it won't attack you.

nOoblet16

fighting against the Reaper in Mementos during flu seasons. There is a big chance it will be in despair and you will only have to wait 3 turns so that it dies normally. And it won't attack you.
Doing that with moon confidant ranked to 10 will net you 76,000 XP for everyone. Enough to cover 20-40 levels at low level of you do it 3-4 times and enough to take you 10 levels with two tries if you are around 60.

Doing that with moon confidant ranked to 10 will net you 76,000 XP for everyone. Enough to cover 20-40 levels at low level of you do it 3-4 times and enough to take you 10 levels with two tries if you are around 60.

Wow, I guess I missed that.

But overall I never felt the need to grind at all. When I entered a new palace I was usually underleveled, but starting from the middle my level caught up or even surpassed most shadows there. I reached level 75 in the end without having to grind for levels at all, I just played and killed most shadows I saw naturally. I think this is a good design for a genre that's infamous for its grindy nature. This is also why I enjoyed the game so much until the end.

Top Bottom