• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

When will you buy a Nintendo switch?

lacky

Neo Member
I'll try to get a Neon one at launch. But I think it'll be complicated and expensive to get one near launch here in Argentina.
So 1 and Neon are my answers.

Speedwagon

Michelangelo painted the Sistine Chapel. Yabuki turned off voice chat in Mario Kart races. True artists of their time.
0 - Pre-ordered :)

Neon

tebunker

Banned
I have a grey preorder but would prefer a neon, AND I am probably going to cancel it barring Nintendo announcing something new or something worth being here at launch.

With that said, I am probably going to pick one up for realsies when Mario comes out. There really is no good incentive to buy now.

gelf

I'll only consider buying after price cut or two and then only if I'm interested in a decent number of third party games given my history with Nintendo systems.

When I hit a dry spell of games that don't appeal to me. March and April are covered, May isn't but June is. So will probably see whether I can find it during May and if not move on to august. Mario kart which I never bought since I didn't have a wii u and zelda seems to be a decent start if I do it buy around that time. Hope we get some announcements for third party games by then.

Ataru

Unconfirmed Member
Perhaps after Splatoon is released, but only if the paid online is ridiculously cheap.

And grey.

Mithos

A mix between (2/3/4) because of expected local pricing... (3499SEK ~$390 / £325)
Color Grey, but Neon don't look bad.

A mix of 3 and 5. Needs a good price drop, a bundled game ala Monster Hunter and it all hinges on how much of a hindrance that online fee is. I've ditched Plus and Live in favour of PC gaming and no way am i paying for some half assed Nintendo attempt at an online service.

Torn between 1, 2, and 3 honestly. 3 was my initial reaction after seeing the Switch presentation. But I find myself leaning closer to 1 the more I think about playing Zelda on it.

Gray all the way.

Paulie_C

Neo Member
Was planning on preordering but I might just wait until my birthday in May to see if there's a price cut.

I was stung by the N64 and 3DS launches dropping the price. I don't think £280 for the system is a bad price but there's just no compelling games I can't get on the Wii U/already own within the first few months and the price of the extra accessories I will need to get are not making it a day one purchase.

Shame because I was ready to preorder it on Friday.

RiggyRob

There should be a 6th option - when they bundle a damn game with it. I guess that might fall under price cut though.

I can very easily see UK retailers selling this for £280 with 1-2-Switch given away by Christmas.

bman94

2 - Gray

More specifically my Wii U and 3DS backlog has a lot of stuff for me to get through and the Switch isn't making me drop everything and try to get one yet.

I'm going to spend all of this year playing Wii U & 3DS. If i get through everything or mostly everything, I might pick up a Switch at the end of 2017, if not it's a solid 2018 purchase.

Also with all the rumors about ports, if the Switch's first year is nothing but a port-fest then I'm definitely out. I already got Smash, Mario Kart, Rayman etc. And put tons of time into those games. I'm not interested in paying full price for the same game with very little content added.

Probably never, but I can't close that door yet.

At around 150 bucks, the Switch suddenly becomes a more attractive product but I can't into that controller design and no Nintendo exclusive matters to me.

Im concidering to buy one at launch, but trying my best to be smart and buy Zelda for Wii U instead and wait and see how it turns out. The key for me is that there wont be any "4ds" as I only want Nintendo for semiportable gaming nowdays (bed and longer travels).

Would get the grey of the current colors.

Orbis

Launch day and grey for me, I have £70 Amazon credit to spend so that justifies launch. Plus I'll just be wanting one all year anyway. I'll just be getting Zelda at first.

1 and grey.

I have it preordered through amazon, but I want to see how things pan out as it's closer to launching. If I'm not pleased with the online pricing or new bad surprises, I'll cancel the preorder.

Zedark

(1) Most likely, have a preorder in for the grey system and am currently planning on keeping it. Main reason for launch purchase is Zelda, and after that MK8 Deluxe.

4 - Will wait for more games be announced

My PS4/Vita actually have games and plenty of them to keep me satisfied for quite some time. The Switch effectively has nothing I want to play at launch and probably nothing until Holiday and even then there aren't enough games coming. Not to mention I never buy consoles on release and wait until the first price cut.

I'll check back in on the Switch in 2018.

Jashobeam

1) although I said to myself I could wait on it, I'm a sucker and have a preorder in for Launch Day Yea!

Also grey because it's just right.

Pre-ordered on Amazon at 7:02am.
Going for Grey
Will get zelda first
Will get the Neon JoyCons when I get 12Switch a few days later.

Would maybe buy if severe price cut and the right games are available.

With the Nintendo I have experienced during the Wii U years, that might never happen.

Top Bottom