• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vehicle plows into counter protesters in Charlottesville

Ishan

fucking hell lads, settle down. If he did mow the people down intentionally we all will find out.

And yeah, I've seen the videos.

err dude what videos did you see he blew past an intersection into the crowd. jesus

edit trumps tweeting about it ...

Rellik

I'm saying people do stupid shit in panic. It happens.

I once accidentally hit a car. In panic I hit the gas pedal again and rammed the back. :|

Fuck off. You can see the driver starting out on a clear road. He intentionally drives to the crowd.

There's always one person on this forum who tries to defend this bullshit. It's disgusting.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
fucking hell lads, settle down. If he did mow the people down intentionally we all will find out.

LOL, how are you gonna find out if you're disregarding the video? The driver isn't gonna come out and say, "Yup, did it on purpose, yolo"

I don't typically vent here, but a childhood acquaintance of mine was there. He posted on social media after the incident in a way that I could assume he's physically alright, but my heart's hurting for him and and everyone attacked.

Syf

Banned
Eh, when you are surrounded by a dozen shouting people, sometimes you do stupid shit, like gunning the gas pedal in panic.

I'll wait until the investigation is more conclusive.
I'm just going to hope that you're saying this having not seen the other angles, because it's perfectly clear what happened.

Edit: Nevermind that..

DHDSfLBW0AEwc3B.jpg

Not seeing even a scratch on this car from any kind of previous harassment.

mike6467

God I don't think I can handle Trump's comments now. I might go cool off, play some Splatoon and fucking come back to get angry later. Too much.

Edit: Definitely plates on that car.

The video of the car that starts further up the road and catches it cruising along as it approaches the group from a decent distance couldn't be more clear - unless there was a car fault or a seizure or something that held their foot to the accelerator at the worst possible moment, this was not a mistake.

I hear Vichy France is lovely this time of year.

I'm not even white honey, or American. Muslim even.

I'll wait for the reports on this.

I've once pored over all the reports over the Boston Bombing, and bought the stupid internet detectives conclusion that a missing boy was probably the culprit. Made me feel shit for a week.

I'm not going to do that mistake again. I'd rather be proven wrong than putting my foot down over something when I'm not even in the general vicinity.

Mortemis

Banned
I'm saying people do stupid shit in panic. It happens.

I once accidentally hit a car. In panic I hit the gas pedal again and rammed the back. :|

Fuckers like this poster and cops are gonna make sure to come to the defense of this, and then the judges and/or jury who will feel for the driver are gonna let him off.

That's america.

God I don't think I can handle Trump's comments now. I might go cool off, play some Splatoon and fucking come back to get angry later. Too much.

Edit: Definitely plates on that car.

You can definitely expect it to be infuriating if you want him to outright condemn white supremacists. His tweet already gave you a hint of what to expect. Vague comments without outright condemnation of what happened or who caused it.

I've once pored over all the reports over the Boston Bombing, and bought the stupid internet detectives conclusion that a missing boy was probably the culprit. Made me feel shit for a week.

I'm not going to do that mistake again. I'd rather be proven wrong than putting my foot down over something when I'm not even in the general vicinity.
We're not suspect hunting here. The equivalent to the Boston marathon bombing would be doubting that the bomb was malicious.

The video of the car that starts further up the road and catches it actively accelerating as it approaches the group couldn't be more clear - unless there was a car fault or a seizure or something that held their foot to the accelerator at the worst possible moment, this was not a mistake.

His next set of excuses for this, no doubt. Many people cannot, absolutely cannot allow an argument for extreme right-wing hatred leading to terrorist attacks to exist. There is always an alternative. Anything, not to associate white-skinned Americans with the T word.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Theres no one even around the car, unless he was driving away from a crowd, which I mean if that was the case then why would he be driving towards another crowd?

What are you even saying? "Fake Photo"?

edit oooh, got it, you're talking about car damage

Reports? There's a video of him accelerating down a clear road. Come the fuck on

Goofalo

First of all, I'm not your honey. So, you can shove that up your ass.

Secondly, I don't care if you are white, American or Muslim. What do any of those things have to do with what I said?

We did. It's in the fucking video. Can you come up with a reason why this isn't intentional attempted murder? You privy to some other evidence Gaf don't know about?

That photo tells the whole story. Thank goodness someone got it. Also crazy how it is nearly entirely white people marching down the street.

Alright. Fuck it. Let's go with it. Scared and didn't mean too.

Then why did they take the fuck off and drive away, then abandon the car and run until the police caught them and not turn themselves in?

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise

You can't use bullshit Reddit detectives to defend giving this person the benefit of the doubt in the face of video showing the vehicle accelerating down a largely empty street towards a mass of people. Your skepticism only indicates an eagerness to provide the driver cover for his actions.

Top Bottom