• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Vehicle plows into counter protesters in Charlottesville

What's the story on the guy beat in the parking garage? NPR hasn't talked about it. Haven't heard at all about it from news.

Also, that orange turd was talking about 'alt-left' beating people with poles and wearing the body armor and shields.
Those are your people you piece of shit fuck!

Reeks

I'm sure this has been covered, so sorry I haven't read through the whole thread... But why is he only charged with 2nd degree murder?

Betty

Banned
I'm sure this has been covered, so sorry I haven't read through the whole thread... But why is he only charged with 2nd degree murder?

I guess they need to prove he drove their deliberately to kill people for 1st degree murder, which so far they can't.

Initial charge so they can detain him and hold him without bail while they gather all the evidence and charge him with everything.

Not a lawyer but I think he'll be charged with a couple dozen assault with a deadly weapon, murder (possibly in the 1st) and hate crime charges.

III-V

Thats just to get him and hold him. The DA, and likely the feds will have alternate charges as time goes by.

RedAssedApe

Banned
Fox News, Daily Caller delete posts encouraging people to drive through protests

Originally published by The Daily Caller and later syndicated or aggregated by several other websites, including Fox Nation, an offshoot of Fox News' website, it carried an unsubtle headline: "Here's A Reel Of Cars Plowing Through Protesters Trying To Block The Road." Embedded in the article was a minute-and-a-half long video showing one vehicle after another driving through demonstrations. The footage was set to a cover of Ludacris' "Move Bitch."

III-V

Even militia leaders who were at the protest were disgusted with the Nazis...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/aug/15/charlottesville-militia-free-speech-violence

Hope you are joking here, but the guy has a confederate flag embalmed on his vest. He was not disgusted, he was in league with them. You don't march and eat fried chicken with the KKK and not agree with what they stand for. They are just trying to avoid the name and shame at this point.

Link

The Autumn Wind
Here's some inspiring news.

This guy...
DHDTYf7XUAAww0M

Is out of hospital and attended a memorial service for Heather Heyer

DHNLqkqUwAApedX.jpg

He apparently pushed his fiance out of the way before the car hit, and I have no clue how he got out of the way of the car before it backed up over him. He also knew Heather.
Yeah, the New York Times put out a different pic yesterday, and the pain it captured was absolutely heartbreaking.

14USBriefing-Charlottesville-master768.jpg

This guy...
DHDTYf7XUAAww0M

DHNLqkqUwAApedX.jpg

He apparently pushed his fiance out of the way before the car hit, and I have no clue how he got out of the way of the car before it backed up over him. He also knew Heather.
I hope one day these brave comrades will have shrines dedicated to them and all traces of confederate history disappear to time

Desperado

This guy...
DHDTYf7XUAAww0M

DHNLqkqUwAApedX.jpg

Thanks for sharing. This story has more details of their story, including (non-graphic) video that Marissa Blair, his fiancée, livestreamed as the car hit the crowd: http://www.*****************/news/article-4786462/Man-pushes-fiancee-way-car-Charlottesville.html

EDIT: Well, blocked site.
dailymail

Blizzard

Banned
What's the story on the guy beat in the parking garage? NPR hasn't talked about it. Haven't heard at all about it from news.

Also, that orange turd was talking about 'alt-left' beating people with poles and wearing the body armor and shields.
Those are your people you piece of shit fuck!
I'm curious about this as well. CNN never reported it that I saw, and with photographs of the beating and the police station right next to it, surely it should be a big deal? Is there just not enough evidence and the outlets are afraid to cover it?

Dabanton

I'm curious about this as well. CNN never reported it that I saw, and with photographs of the beating and the police station right next to it, surely it should be a big deal? Is there just not enough evidence and the outlets are afraid to cover it?

The full video unfortunately looks like two groups fighting, we know how some of the press would have swung that.

I guess the only bit of good news is the guy who got hit with poles has a go fund me that reached when I last checked yesterday over $136,000 for his medical expenses.

Steel

Banned

CNN actually had the guy on and went on about it for awhile.

Gattsu25

Banned
What happened? How bad is it? I can't access Twitter right now. It's giving me an error.

Try this one: https://twitter.com/marsbar078/status/899792145925779456

Chaotic while still being under control. People getting arrested. People yelling. Police are calmly walking people out. People holding up "Blood On Your Hands" sign.

@marsbar078
#Charlottesville City council meeting shut down by very very angry people. Fuck you city council. #defendcville

Top Bottom