• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Pokémon Go |OT 3| "No Officer, I'm a Passenger"

Oxx

Even with the current March Magikarp Madness, I still only have 59 'Big Magikarp'.

It's a long way to the gold medal.

I forgot to play at all this weekend. Too much arcade gaming in SoCal.

Might go to the local park downtown that's supposedly spawning a shit ton of Magikarps and see if I can't get me that Gyarados. Have enough for a Dewgong now which is also cool.

Growlie19

Got a Metal Coat for my seven day and added Scizor to my dex. I also went to a nearby Houndour nest to stock up. At 38 candy, so I'm going again later to get the 'Doom. Still no golden fish yet.

Oxx

Managed to find a second Totodile.

Are people finding wild starters with good IVS, or are we all waiting for starter eggs?

GulAtiCa

Yeah, I have a 82% one I caught (that I've since turned into a Feraligator). I've caught like 26 overall, at least few of them good.

At least this even is bringing my some Omanytes. I figured being in downtown Chicago I'd at least spot a Lapras or Totodile, not a single one of either.

HardRojo

Just hit level 29. Also, this event has taken a toll on my pokeballs lol, I used to stay around 350 total, now I got around 150 only lol.

Replicant

Managed to find a second Totodile.

Are people finding wild starters with good IVS, or are we all waiting for starter eggs?

They are annoyingly rare but once in a while you may get some at the lower tier of good IVs:

9Y3edtl.png

sophora

Hit trainer lv.26 this week and about to hit my 7-day streak tomorrow for pokestops. Caught my first Skarmory at the park today and slowly building up my base of totodile and squirtle candy with this event **

CassSept

I was excited for the event when it said that Totodiles will spawn.

I haven't seen a single Totodile since the event started, what a joke. Squirtles everywhere.

Arthos

Just caught a Lapras! Happy to finally have one! With it and the Shiny, I'm all good with his event. Would have liked more Totadiles tho!

Oxx

The best starter I have caught so far is a 77-80% Cyndaquil @cp81.

I've been pretty good for high IV Magikarp. I have 97%, 93%, and 91% IV Gyarados.

I will probably not have enough Magikarp from this event to get a Gyarados. Ho hum.

However last night I caught a Machamp, a Porygon, and a Typhlosion so I'm not too miffed.

gutshot

I think there are a lot of players that don't or can't battle/prestige gyms. For them, potions and revives are just cluttering up their bags. I usually just carry 10 Revives, 10 Hyper Potions, and 10 Max Potions for those rare occasions that I will battle.

The whole gym system really needs to be reworked, as it is a mess currently.

GulAtiCa

I think it's all due to luck. I gym all the time, and some times I'm nearly out of revives or potions, or other times I have a surprus of potions and revives.

I remember coming back from my Universal Studios trip with barely any revives for a week afterwards (throughout the trip I would discard reg potions & pokeballs & revives, to help keep up with getting new items, esp as so much pokestops there!)

GulAtiCa

I don't exactly disagree. More revived be good.

I have 89 reg revives & 4 Max Revives. I claim about 8 gyms every day. I only tend to go after gyms that don't require as much effort to take on. Like I don't take on lv 4+ enemy gyms that often. I also try my best to not faint. Not to mention that I usually use junk Pokemon that I don't care about reviving when pretesting.

HardRojo

Evolved 2 Gyarados, 1 with a good moveset and the other was meh, it got Bite and Outrage. Now I need more candies to powerup the 2 good moveset Gyarados I have.

HiResDes

I had to switch back to my shit phone that can barely handle Pokemon Go and dodging is way harder now, the shit connection coupled with the slow processing power equals a lot of death.

zulux21

sounds like you dont battle/prestige gyms =D

Edit: Blissey is an annoying little shit

I haven't done much of anything in a while. (gyms walks pokestops ect... I just hatch eggs at work with my infinitybator)

I had 150+ revives when I did more actively play with gyms.

the gyms as they currently are are completely pointless to me.

every single gym in my town is a level 10 blue gym where the lowest pokemon is 2.8k or higher.

even my best can't compete with the lowest as I am only level 26. I can't wait for the new gym system because the current one is garbage.

also why in the hell are sudowodo and manitee in 10k eggs. they are both more common around here than most of the stuff in 5k eggs @_@

Oxx

I got bored with the water event and the lack of interesting gen 2 mons.

I evolved a bunch of gen 1 heavy-hitters and got pretty lucky with move-sets. Now I have to work out which to use my meagre stardust stash on.

HardRojo

Is Scizor any good? It's my favorite Pokémon ever and I got a few Scythers and a couple of Metal Coats, but my best one is at 78%, I want one above 85% and high CP before evolving :(

Joni

Found the last Chikorita I needed so I now have all three starters evolved. Which means I have all nestable generation 2 Pokemon. I need the Mareep line, Pineco for his evolution, Phanhy for Donphan and the Larvitar line. Otherwise I'm just walking Chansey where I only need 9 more candy after already walking for the 27 last, Togetic, Tyrogue, Hitmontop, Kingdra and the two metal coat Pokemon.

Luxorek

Is Scizor any good? It's my favorite Pokémon ever and I got a few Scythers and a couple of Metal Coats, but my best one is at 78%, I want one above 85% and high CP before evolving :(

In this game? No, not really. Too low of a cp, effective against types that aren't common in gyms, bad moveset.

In the 3DS games however... he is a beast.

HardRojo

In this game? No, not really. Too low of a cp, effective against types that aren't common in gyms, bad moveset.

In the 3DS games however... he is a beast.

Oh I'm well aware he's good in the games lol. That Bullet Punch, STAB, Technician combo is so good. A shame he's not too good in Go then, I thought he was because Scizor has such a high CP, so I thought evolving into Scizor would make it even much better.

Man, this event really sucked.

Living in a water heavy area all it did was decrease spawn variety, and it took away my Dratini's to boot.

The only upside of the event was the chance of a Lapras, of which I've seen a grand total of 0 spawns.
I caught 4 of them early on (last one was like 5 months ago, and all bad IVs), so I'm not upset personally, but I feel bad for my friend that still hasn't so much as seen one despite being like 1 level behind me.
We're gonna go out for one last hunt later today (despite it likely going to rain).

gutshot

The lack of Dratinis has been a drag. I was lucky enough to snag a Lapras on the first day. Saw another one but it despawned before I could get to it.

Replicant

Really really start losing interest now. Just waiting to get to level 35, which is in a few days, then I think I'll peace out for good this time around.

border

A Scizor with double bug attacks will ruin any Exeggutor you come across.

Problem is that Exeggutor isn't really that common on towers anymore. And that it's possible for Scizor to get attacks that aren't bug-type.

Pretty sure it's 100% random.
Ok so here is the reason I'm asking... My friend and I both caught a "wonder" Scyther together. He immediately evolved his to a Scizor and got a bad moveset. My question is, if I evolve that same Scyther to a Scizor, will I get the exact same moveset as him or is there a chance I'll get something else? Because if I'm gonna get the same moveset then I'd rather just transfer it and try my luck with another Scyther I have.

HardRojo

Candies will be my main issue soon. I got a mid level CP 97% Dragonair ready to be evolved and a decent enough Larvitar. I already ran out of candies for my Snorlax and I have no idea what I'll do about my 89% Blissey.

Candies will be my main issue soon. I got a mid level CP 97% Dragonair ready to be evolved and a decent enough Larvitar. I already ran out of candies for my Snorlax and I have no idea what I'll do about my 89% Blissey.

I have been hatching dratini pretty frequently from my 10k (3 in 3 weeks) I think they upped their drop rate so I wouldn't be too worried about getting more eventually. Larvitar though... I'm walking a lot for candy and I luckily hatched one...pinap berries are doing the trick when I encounter them I'm just happy I live in an area that spawns them enough

Dishwalla

Banned
Went from 300 and some change Magikarp candy to 948 as of now during this event, still no shiny. Catching every Magikarp I come across.

Top Bottom