• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Heroes of the Storm |OT3| Chromiehounds

Kioshen

I hope it's an scv

giphy.gif

Milly79

I cried wolf yesterday.

I was playing duo with a buddy and we were doing unranked. I got into a draft and told them to pick probius before 4th pick or I would dodge. Needless to say someone took me up on it and we promptly got stomped.

Milly79

I don't know, we were losing constantly via throws so I figured let's keep it going. He actually did pretty well, but it wasn't enough. Of course we got blamed (varian/artanis) for not being able to hold Sonya at the top point. Her healing is stupid insane.

Alur

I don't know, we were losing constantly via throws so I figured let's keep it going.

Seems to be a recurring theme lately. Whether via throw or not. Little less bad in unranked. Thanks for the QM changes Blizzard. Love em! /s

EDIT: Also feels like a pretty long wait on Probius balance. Nothing on release week. Then nothing the week after. Not even news of what they might change or fix for QOL.

Alur

Seems good to me. I like the layout of the list too. Only thing I'd question is Nazeebo at tier 3.

No matter how you filter the results, Nazeebo is one of the top 5-10 winrate heroes. He's 6th in Masters HL, 5th in Masters/Diamond HL combined (aka how the queue really shakes out in those games). In game he is just as effective as it appears he is in the numbers, and the anecdotal evidence I have heard from players/streamers/personalities is pretty good surrounding him.

He sustains himself, wave clears, provides decent damage, and also generates a win condition if the game stretches on for too long either by destroying in a team fight or with extreme siege potential. His level 13 talents (namely Superstition) can make him an unkillable god if the team drafted poorly. He's not terribly hard to play either, particularly if you take Thing of the Deep at 1.

Maledict

Nazeepo at tier 3 is nonsense. He's even picked by pros fairly often now, and the basic horsepants build is *superb* for solo hero league games (Range, heal from minion death, Zombie wall damage, superstition, spider Cooldown).

He has fantastic sustain with the level 4 talent, great waveclear with the level 7 talent, good defensive options at 13 and at level 20 becomes a god. Yes, the spiders are hard to land and sometimes you can really whiff them. But there's no way he's tier 3.

Looks like another case of a pro making a list that doesn't match reality at all (although in this case many pros are now playing him as well).

Maledict

Is just one hero being out of place enough to blanket it as not reflective of reality at all, though?

No, they generally aren't. It's always just one or two heroes who they personally dislike who they put far lower than thy should be - remember Srey and his Lili hatred, even when she was the best solo support at almost all levels? ;-)

Alur

Yeah, but that has little to do with this tier list. He has Nazeebo placed as tier 3 (pickable on his list) not unpickable like they had Lili, for one. And two, it's just Nazeebo. The rest of it is pretty reasonable.

I was just saying don't agree that Zeeb being tier 3 makes the whole list not reflective of reality is my point. If it was like 4 or 5 heroes egregiously misplaced sure, but personal tastes do vary. Some people just hate certain heroes, as you implied with Srey/Lili. If scoobs did a tier list Chromie would be tier -10. If I did one Abathur would also be tier -10.

EDIT: TBH the most astonishing thing from the tier list is that Erho is being paid by some people for coaching. Not because he's a bad player, he's a good player for sure, just because he's so toxic on stream and on teams it's hard for me to imagine him having patience with a random gold league player wanting some help.

Maledict

Actually there's another issue with his list. He has Muradin at Tier 1 and he is the worse tank by stats in the game. Even at Masters only on hotslogs he's still bottom of the pile.

Alur

All the chatter I've been hearing is pro Muradin, personally. Hell, is even Kyle on ITN was singing his praises for climbing and he's not even a regular Muradin player.

scoobs

Muradin has always been low win rate. he's also always been a very powerful hero. Win rate isn't everything, ask Li Ming.

scoobs

They had one last year and a bunch of big changes were announced (hero league overhaul and unranked introduced). Probably something equivalently big.

Kioshen

Maybe we should pay for him to teach Kio?

Why not. I'd be up for it lol. You might get broke before you get returns on your investment though ...

They had one last year and a bunch of big changes were announced (hero league overhaul and unranked introduced). Probably something equivalently big.

They also introduced your favorite hero during that time too. It's honestly a little late to change anything but they can at least take feedback from everyone to make some last minute tweaking. Kinda hilarious they invited Mewnfare to this secret meeting. He's like our reynad in hots. So salty and openly hostile to the game but yet gets invited to big events like it's nothing.

scoobs

Saw that reddit thread about mewn, and I tend to agree with one of the most upvoted responses that was basically "you can't just invite the yes men that love everything about your game, you have to take feedback from the people who don't like it too."

Even though I believe deep down Mewn loves the game, he's just a salty gamer that takes his frustration of losing out on the game itself, rather than his mistakes or his teammates (well, he yells at his teammates too but ya). Lots of people are like that, its just his personality. For some reason people like watching salt factories on Twitch, I guess its more entertaining that way.

Also he's consistently a top streamer, so you gotta invite him regardless.

Kioshen

I know you need the other side of the coin to an argument. He's also pretty mellow and helpful when he's streaming with Pallytime and Tryksler. I don't necessarily agree with the stream persona he's adopted that's his prerogative but you can't consistently become grand master without loving the game a little bit. It's just the contrast of inviting an abrasive personality that has been dumping on the game for a while now but under his breath whisper yeah the game's alright I just don't know what I could fix about it I'm not a game designer.

He's way better than Kenma though.

Maledict

I've never seen a company drop the ball as much as blizzard has with heroes of the dorm. It makes the co plants about the Halo world championship in gaming look mild. It may as well not exist this year for all intents and purposes - which is weird as this is the first year us EU players can watch matches live!

scoobs

Feels like today is gonna be the day boys. I'm gonna go to sleep and when I wake up I better see some big ass announcements for the future of HOTS

Notice how we haven't seen like ... ANY skins lately? Loot boxes boys.

Alur

plz news must have fix plz

Is that the same UTA that's currently second in the HGC open division ?

Wow, they fell to second? How? They were up like 180 to 90 something on second place at one point. Who is on the team that passed them?

Kioshen

Feels like today is gonna be the day boys. I'm gonna go to sleep and when I wake up I better see some big ass announcements for the future of HOTS

Notice how we haven't seen like ... ANY skins lately? Loot boxes boys.

Where were you when they showed the lunar event skins, valentine event skins, all new heroes were bundled with new skins too !? We've had plenty of skins lately to be honest.

Wow, they fell to second? How? They were up like 180 to 90 something on second place at one point. Who is on the team that passed them?

Probably the same thing that happened on the EU side. They were probably not participating in all the weeks. Team Zealot and MAA were far and away in the standings but just didn't participate in the last few because you only need top 16 to advance to the playoffs. Then when they snatch top two in the playoffs will they have their shot in the crucible.

To answer your question it's LFM esports.

scoobs

Where were you when they showed the lunar event skins, valentine event skins, all new heroes were bundled with new skins too !? We've had plenty of skins lately to be honest.

I was there with you guys, 2 months ago. And there was 1 valentines skin. The skin output is shockingly low lately. I'm telling ya, the loot tab is happening and its got something to do with skins obviously

Kioshen

They released 9 skins in 2017 already. I'm as hyped as you guys for the fallout of the "super secret" heroes summit but I don't see a dearth of content here.

scoobs

They released 9 skins in 2017 already. I'm as hyped as you guys for the fallout of the "super secret" heroes summit but I don't see a dearth of content here.

Are you counting hero release bundles? Because that doesn't count. Those are coming regardless with every hero release.

Spent my morning getting crushed by the enemy team in literally every game, zero remotely competitive matches. Fun stuff.

Alur

The skin output has been incredibly low compared to last year. You can't count the skin bundled with a hero as part of that, those skins are a given with every hero. Normally an in development video features several skins and/or mounts on top of that, but that hasn't been the case so far this year. We got Love Goddess Tyrande, Lunar Li-Ming, Monkey King Samuro so far in basically 4 months. If you want to stretch it, Dream Genie Chromie and Bronze Tiger Kharazim were also released early in January but were announced/shown in December.

That's pretty gat damn sparse.

Kioshen

Are you counting hero release bundles? Because that doesn't count. Those are coming regardless with every hero release.

Spent my morning getting crushed by the enemy team in literally every game, zero remotely competitive matches. Fun stuff.

The skin output has been incredibly low compared to last year. You can't count the skin bundled with a hero as part of that, those skins are a given with every hero. Normally an in development video features several skins and/or mounts on top of that, but that hasn't been the case so far this year. We got Love Goddess Tyrande, Lunar Li-Ming, Monkey King Samuro so far in basically 4 months. If you want to stretch it, Dream Genie Chromie and Bronze Tiger Kharazim were also released early in January but were announced/shown in December.

That's pretty gat damn sparse.

Yes I did count the skins for hero releases and I don't think it's a given if we compare it to the competition. Still, either they caught up to their backlog and their content pipeline is starting to be stretched or they were indeed holding them in a vault to help push their rumored new loot system. Hopefully, it's the latter.

Ketch

it'll be really annoying if they change the progressions system to overwatch loot boxes. Unless they make every hero free, which there's no fuckin way, locking skins behind random boxes is gonna be trash garbage.

I know you only like these 7 heroes, and we just released a new skin for one of them, please open 36 loot boxes until you get the skin you want... oh and by the way, these boxes contain skins for heroes you hate and/or dont own ????

seems not possible for hots.

scoobs

I think if they still allow individual purchasing then it's fine. Would be dope to get super lucky and land a legendary skin from a loot box, hope it happens.

Gold would be used for buying loot boxes which could contain skins, mounts, skin tints (or you could use real money if you want), and real money for buying specific stuff.

Idk, anything would be better than the current system. They could make all heroes free under this new system, which i pray that they do. It's a bummer for new players and smurfs alike to have to slooooooowly unlock 60+ heroes.

Alur

Yes I did count the skins for hero releases and I don't think it's a given if we compare it to the competition. Still, either they caught up to their backlog and their content pipeline is starting to be stretched or they were indeed holding them in a vault to help push their rumored new loot system. Hopefully, it's the latter.

We're not comparing it to their competition. We're comparing it to the precedent they've set for basically two years now. When a hero releases, two extra skins come with it, one of them gold based and one paid. It is a given that we will get an extra skin with each hero. And beyond that extra skin that is basically mandatory, the amount of shop releases has significantly dropped compared to what we experienced in the past.

I don't think their content has dried up at all. Skins and mounts are what makes them the easy money. I think they are just holding back, but I'm not sure why and how much the loot tab/progression system will play into it.

there's no way they can make all heroes free. it's way too late.

I mean, I have all the heroes on one account and damn near all of them on another. I'd be a touch salty if made heroes free at this point considering the money I've spent, unless there's some serious compensation on the back end somehow. Even gold wouldn't cut it because thanks to buying so many heroes over the years I have 130k already with nothing to use it on.

I don't see any way it could work and not upset the customers who shelled out $$ (basically their best/most loyal consumers) without them basically giving those people free stuff in some way.

Ketch

holy crap i thought for a second you said you spend 130k on this game and I was about log off the internet forever.

I figured out the new progression system which adds another currency and lets you customize your gameplay experience:
runes and masteries

scoobs

That's one thing I know they'll never do. I betcha I've spent well over $250 on this game so far. I've definitely slowed down lately, been buying heroes with gold and buying master skins instead of the bundles

Milly79

I sincerely doubt that Blizz is having trouble maintaining a pipeline that prints them money.

Personally, I'm done paying for this game for now until matchmaking/ranked ranks significantly improve, which doesn't mean as much considering how much I've already bought.

I bet you'll log on when I do.

Top Bottom