• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kingdom Hearts Unchained |OT| - It's not an X - [UP] Worldwide Release

How is the game saved?

As in, is there any kind of cloud save or is what is on your device it?

Is there any way to back it up without facebook? (and how do you link it to facebook anyway?)

You link it with Facebook on the "Home" page (where you see yourself and party members walking around the fountain). It's in the bottom right corner, a small square. I think the save is stored server side, as I tried to backup my phone one time and when I restored the app, my save wasn't there.

deanote666

You link it with Facebook on the "Home" page (where you see yourself and party members walking around the fountain). It's in the bottom right corner, a small square. I think the save is stored server side, as I tried to backup my phone one time and when I restored the app, my save wasn't there.

Thanks!

Is the backup automatic or is there a button somewhere to initiate it?

Does linking it to facebook only save access to your player ID and that pulls your data from the squeenix servers?

Psxphile

0AP story missions return along with 15 new story quests.
Hints that we might find Abu with these new quests.

They lie. We won't see Abu saved until the next story update after tonight's:

What to expect in future story quests, based on JP KHUX (pretty sure this is correct):

541 - 555 = Explore Clock Tower w/ Skuld
556 - 585 = Agrabah final missions
586 - 630 =
Castle of Dreams
631 - 645 =
New Heartless invade Daybreak Town

Knowing how little happens in a single story mission I could see the last 15 missions being "bring Abu back to Aladdin".
(Though obviously someone who's played JP will know one way or the other.)

Psxphile

Apparently the update included new Proud mode quests.
Edit: never mind, just checked and no it didn't. Guy who said that probably didn't notice the ones we got two weeks ago.

Grieves

I am completely stuck at 555. The boss just destroys me. :-/

I got through it by equiping my keyblade with defence. I had Pinocchio with DB1, Minnie with DB2 and Chrismas Sora with DB2. I used the special attacks with Christmas Sora and Pinocchio to increase defence further.

HOLY FUCKING SHIT, GUYS.

C6hldt3VwAAWxlO.png

GUARANTEED TIER 4 OR 5 IN EACH PULL!!!! AND GUILTING CAMPAIGN!!!!

Azuran

Banned
Sena not holding back

Do you save for the anniversary event which could be even better, or blow it all now for something you know about?

Blow it all now.

Pull out your credit card when the anniversary comes along.

But this is SENA so I'm sure there's a catch here..

deanote666

Now I will finally have my 70% WoFF Squall. Yes... (haven't guilted yet but know my luck...)

Sitting on 15 that will be guilted for the first time and 71 medals that will either be used to re-roll guilted ones or make duplicates of ones I already have guilted.

Psxphile

HOLY FUCKING SHIT, GUYS.

C6hldt3VwAAWxlO.png

GUARANTEED TIER 4 OR 5 IN EACH PULL!!!! AND GUILTING CAMPAIGN!!!!

Holy fuck, they're just dropping these three Premiums in a single banner? Damn. Still, them not being 3-pipped is kind of a deal breaker.

Tier 4 medals available to pull
------------------------------------------
Boss Marluxia
Casual Roxas
HD Axel
HD Riku
HD Sora
iAnsem
iAqua
iCloud
iKairi
iKing Mickey
iRiku
iSephiroth
iSora
iSora & Pals
iTerra
iVentus
iXemnas
iXion
Pooh & Piglet
Sephiroth
Sora & Donald & Goofy
SP Roxas
SP Axel
SP Xion

Tier 5 medals available to pull
------------------------------------------
HD Roxas *new*
HD Ursula
iRiku B
iSora B
Key Art #2
Key Art #3
iLeon *new*
Xehanort & Vanitas *new*

These are the ones we know should be available to pull, including the ones we can see in the banner. Chances of getting a Tier 5 isn't all that great. Also probably no chance of the pull including WoFF Sora. We'll know all the details in about an hour.

Also they're extending the 0AP campaign to include ALL quests.

Skittles

Oh no, the four new tier 5 medals come 3 dotted and you're guanteed one of the new 7 medals(the other 3 are tier 4). Meaning you have a 4/7 chance of getting a 3 dot tier 5

Psxphile

It's worse than I thought.

C6ixq4uU0AAWecg.png:small

Might have to spend all my jewels on this deal, now that we know the details. Really wanted to hold out for iKairi 2...

deanote666

New (first time guilting any of said medal)
WoFF Squall - 77&
Hallowween goofy - 87% - 87%
Young Riku - 96% - 96%
Minnie and Daisy - 103% - 114%
KHII Aerith - 36%
Ventus - 70%
Alice & Cat - 83%
Rai - 92%
Young Sora - 93% - 93%
Eels - 87% - 87%
Xigbar B - 91%
KH Yuufie - 48%
KH CoM Black Coat Riku - 85%
HD Aqua - 71% (ffffuuuu)
Halloween Donald B- 94% - 94%

Re-rolls and new guilted duplicates
Herk and phill - 71% - 85% - 85% - 90%
Black coat king mickey - 76% - 79% - 82%
Alice - 89% - 96% - 96%
Saix - 76% - 77% - 77%
KH Kairi - 67% - 100% (whut?)
musketeer goofy - 91% - 91%
Megara - 58% - 81% - 84%
Pooh - 94% - 94% - 96%
Timeless river goofy - 93% - 93%
Xemnas A - 0% - 74%
Crocodile - 73% - 95%
Riku Replica - 86% - 88% - 88% - 88%
Master eraqus - 93% - 93% - 97%
Terra - 41% - 75%
Namine - 88% - 88% - 88%
Musketeer Mickey - 0% - 81%
Cinderella - 76% - 97% - 97%
Owl - 40% - 70% (REALLY?)
hydra - 48% - 74% - 92%
Axel - 73% - 84% - 84% - 96%
Uniform selphie - 83% - 94% - 94%
Hook - 88% - 88%
KH CoM King Mickey - 73% - 74% - 74%
Final form sora - 73% - 95% - 95%
Vexen - 58% - 76%
Demyx - 85% - 93% - 97%
Musketeer Donald - 92% - 92% - 92%
Piglet - 62% - 76%
Ice titan - 84% - 98%
Roxas - 92% - 92% - 92%
Ansem he wise - 69% - 75% - 91%
Aqua - 76% - 76% - 79%
Atlantica Donald - 56% - 99% - 99%
KHII Kairi - 94% - 99%
Master Xehanort - 77% - 98%

Not enough mirrors in this world...

Welp, That freed up some room in my inventory!

New medal deal pull 1:
Illustrated Riku B
Mysterious Figure
zexion
Wisdom form Sora
pinocchio
neoshadow
limit form sora
atlantica sora
mulan
khii cloud

Skittles

this banner lasts for 3 weeks and the guilting campaign for 2 weeks. that's real close to the anniversary and ikairi2 is next on the schedule for release. may be worth it to wait until near the end of this deal. then again, we'll probably get a free pull on the anniversary like we did for (christmas? i forgot what we gor 3k for)

Dammit Squenix, if you made the prices on the jewels more reasonable, I'd be really tempted to whale right now. As it stands, I'm not blowing $50 for TWO ten-pulls.

Credo

As much as I want to pull, I'm going to hold out until the Anniversary event. Nothing will help me more than an iKairi 2 and I should be able to have enough jewels for a 10x mercy pull if I can hold out until then. I'd hope that the deals available then will be at least close to the level of this current one.

So...........

I pulled only one so far.

I woke up in the morning, grabbed my phone, saw the banner, did a pull and ....lol...

And this is what I got...

d0xZCD4.png

3 dots on all 6 star medals except for HD Riku.

I think this is probably the best pull I've ever done. It made my morning/day.

I wanna do another pull, but I know it won't be anywhere as good.

Joqu

Hmm, I definitely got some good new stuff there, though I'm not sure where my pulls would rank. What do you guys think?

img_0337q6s79.jpg
img_0338pnsoc.jpg

edit: I mean, seems to me like I did well in the power department, although Illustrated B and HD Riku seem redundant? It's speed where I'm really lagging behind though, and I guess this doesn't really change that

Psxphile

Hmm, I definitely got some good new stuff there, though I'm not sure where my pulls would rank. What do you guys think?

img_0337q6s79.jpg
img_0338pnsoc.jpg

Piglet boosts attack by two levels for a turn, so that's going to very helpful until you can get a 3-tier booster.

Old Hag, for a while, was one of my best Single Target Magic medals. It does pretty good damage when boosted. She's since been replaced by Classic Donald.

Final Form Sora does good AoE damage but at the cost of all your HP. Used that for awhile before I got better medals. Dangerous to use in the coliseum, though.

Haven't had the chance to use the new medals so I can't say for sure how good they are, but being Premiums they should be better than what you currently have by a long shot.

Psxphile

Yeah, I think we're all suffering from lack of good Upright Speed medals. We're practically drowning in Reverse Speed thanks to the Org, though. Though I guess I can't really complain anymore since earning that S&D&G B medal and now iRiku. :V

I hear Xaldin B will be a reversed Magic so there's that at least.

Can't beat round 49 on Tier 11 for Coliseum...
I don't want to lose my top 10k place. ;-;

Any tips on dealing with Magic White Chocolate Statues?

Joqu

Yeah, I'm not even thinking about upright / reverse stuff right now, but I missed out on the organization fun so guess I'm not drowning in reverse speed yet.

Piglet boosts attack by two levels for a turn, so that's going to very helpful until you can get a 3-tier booster.

Old Hag, for a while, was one of my best Single Target Magic medals. It does pretty good damage when boosted. She's since been replaced by Classic Donald.

Final Form Sora does good AoE damage but at the cost of all your HP. Used that for awhile before I got better medals. Dangerous to use in the coliseum, though.

Haven't had the chance to use the new medals so I can't say for sure how good they are, but being Premiums they should be better than what you currently have by a long shot.

Hm, thanks. I already had a Piglet but I've been sticking with Young Kairi for the defense. But I guess 2-tier attack's way to go considering I'm mostly supposed to go for one turns anyway.

Interesting about hag. I guess I really need to go through my stuff, because I already had one of those too, but I've totally overlooked that one. I've been using a timeless river donald for my single target magic though, and he's been doing good damage. I dunno how he compares with his weird defense lowering thing though.

Good to hear about Final Form Sora. Not new either, I've just been avoiding it for the HP cost, but it might be worth it?

Re: the new medals I guess I'm not too impressed by Neoshadow at first glance, would love to be wrong though.

Malyse

I don't know how I feel about Union Cross. Or that KH3 is now the 12th game in the series and [chi] is now a trilogy with its own tie in movie.

Lol, I've long since started seeing KH2 as the end of the main series. The main trilogy is KH1, then CoM, then KH2. KH3 is going to end up feeling like a spinoff. I can't even remember what X is about at this point, because of the awful plot pacing.

Blank!

as a new player (about a week+ in) do you think it's worth doing a 10 pull? Hold off for anniversary/later?

I've managed 4-5 herc and phil medals in the event but I've hit a wall. I'm (slowly) starring up Stitch/Wakka/Donald and will probably end up starring/guilting the other farmables.

Would the pulls allow me to clear farther in the herc/phil event? Does it even matter? I've got close to 5K gems, only bought some storage upgrades thus far. Haven't bought the avatar gear (the 300-500 ones) yet but I guess they're on my list too. Space hasn't been an issue obviously for my low ass level.

Azuran

Banned
This banner is running for three weeks? Damn, looks like I'm waiting till the very last day then. No rush to pull unless things start getting crazy in the Coliseum.

as a new player (about a week+ in) do you think it's worth doing a 10 pull? Hold off for anniversary/later?

I've managed 4-5 herc and phil medals in the event but I've hit a wall. I'm (slowly) starring up Stitch/Wakka/Donald and will probably end up starring/guilting the other farmables.

Would the pulls allow me to clear farther in the herc/phil event? Does it even matter? I've got close to 5K gems, only bought some storage upgrades thus far. Haven't bought the avatar gear (the 300-500 ones) yet but I guess they're on my list too. Space hasn't been an issue obviously for my low ass level.

I'd say buy one now just because then you can cheese the first 200 quest real easy.

I started playing on January. When I bought a pack, it felt so broken the first 200 quests. lol
You will level up like crazy on raid bosses too.

Azuran

Banned
I'd say buy one now just because then you can cheese the first 200 quest real easy.

I started playing on January. When I bought a pack, it felt so broken the first 200 quests. lol
You will level up like crazy on raid bosses too.

Seriously, if you're a beginner this is honestly one the best deals you could have asked for. All of those premium medals are going to make an insane difference in the early game. Also be sure to praise to Nomura every day if you're lucky enough to pull an Illustrated Kairi because that's going to carry you for eternity.

Top Bottom