• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Sneakers |OT| Hypebeasts We Know About Ya

ub ruined me for nmd shit

yeezy ruined me for jordan

Every time I entertain the idea of getting a pair of UBs, I just can't do it. I don't like the lace cages, and the cageless ones I'm not particularly fond of either. Some of the older knit patterns are really cool, and I'd be more tempted if they still made those, but the current 3.0 and the upcoming 4.0 just look off to me. :p

Oxn

Every time I entertain the idea of getting a pair of UBs, I just can't do it. I don't like the lace cages, and the cageless ones I'm not particularly fond of either. Some of the older knit patterns are really cool, and I'd be more tempted if they still made those, but the current 3.0 and the upcoming 4.0 just look off to me. :p

Im just gonna say they look way better in person and on feet.

Edit: anyone got a eqt 93/17 boost? Im still debating to go tts or half size up when my color finally drops. I keep going back and forth. I dont like going sizes up, but many say to go up, and many say go tts.

Spuck-uk

Banned
I know UA isnt hyped around here, but i wanted a daily driver to not wear out my Ultraboost, and i just picked these up for a rediculously good price.

3773695-p-4x.jpg

They were cheap because they're hideous, goddamn.

Ashhong

I like my shoes a bit loose and not "tight" feeling, so hopefully half size down is still ok. If it's similar to AF1 then I should be alright.

My bigger worry is that sock style. It was too tight for me when I bought some Ultraboost Uncaged and had to return it. Couldn't stand how snug it felt

Anyone have recommendations for thinner insoles that fit Ultraboost? Or while I'm at it, Nike Free Flyknit 2016?

Waited an hour at the Adidas store here in Toronto and managed to cop a pair of Japan Black's. Heard a lot of negative things about the NMD's but these are pretty niiiiice. Might get a lighter colourway sometime in the next few months.

Waited an hour at the Adidas store here in Toronto and managed to cop a pair of Japan Black's. Heard a lot of negative things about the NMD's but these are pretty niiiiice. Might get a lighter colourway sometime in the next few months.

What kind of negative things? I absolutely love the NMDs.

Negatives on NMDs? Never really heard anything unless they're saying they're less comfortable than UBs which is true.

Other than that, my 1st pair of NMDs have lasted way longer than my 1st pair of UBs that's for sure and I've walked/stood in them the same amount - except the UB's sole split after about 6 months while the NMDs have not.

Fjordson

That negativity was probably someone talking about the mesh NMD's.

Primeknit NMD's will always be a fantastic shoe as far as looks and comfort.

Echoing everyone else, never heard anything about NMDs. They feel great and Adidas offers a lot of CWs across a lot of different price points.

Ashhong

I read your complaint about the uncaged being too tight earlier. I had the same complaint when i got it, but after breaking it in with thick socks, after a week it is perfect fitting.

I guess I could have kept trying to break it in. But the whole shoe was pretty snug and I'm not about that. I like my feet to feel free and spacious lol

acohrs

liked my ub uncaged at the beginning but not anymore after I relaced my UB so I can slip em on and off without doing the laces, haven't worn the UB uncaged since

Love my triple white gum sole NMD R1s. Went a full size down and they fit like a dream.

Edit - went full size down with my triple black Japan's too. Triple whites seem to be sitting on shelves still, triple blacks sold out everywhere.

I've come around to keeping them. Got a decent collection now: AJ1 Black Yin yang, Aj10 Londons, Grey Jordan Eclipse, NMD R1 white, NMD tb Japans. Also a leather Timberland pair to use as beaters.

Gonna put aside a few quid a week to save up for the next hyped release.

Took massive L today. Didn't expect UBs to get restocked in my city and lo and behold 10 is the biggest size they had. One of the foot locker workers were saying I should've came in earlier when the NMDs dropped bc they had a wide array of sizes for UBs. 10 was way too tight, could've done for 10.5-11.

Though the Adidas Canada at Dundas had some really interesting new releases. Though I've got to say, this really caught my eye, especially the flashy stripe layout:

That negativity was probably someone talking about the mesh NMD's.

Primeknit NMD's will always be a fantastic shoe as far as looks and comfort.

Yep it was mostly towards the mesh NMD's. Lot of my buddies have been collecting for a while and the general consensus I've gathered from them is that even though they all appreciate how the NMD's looks it kinda gets overshadowed by the EQT 93/1x, and UBs, and the Iniki Runners are versatile across different fits.

Took massive L today. Didn't expect UBs to get restocked in my city and lo and behold 10 is the biggest size they had. One of the foot locker workers were saying I should've came in earlier when the NMDs dropped bc they had a wide array of sizes for UBs. 10 was way too tight, could've done for 10.5-11.

Though the Adidas Canada at Dundas had some really interesting new releases. Though I've got to say, this really caught my eye, especially the flashy stripe layout:

When I was at the Dundas Square store there were quite a few people walking out either with both Japan Black and White, or a Japan Black/White and UB in tow. I think Champs got some as well from what I heard

When I was at the Dundas Square store there were quite a few people walking out either with both Japan Black and White, or a Japan Black/White and UB in tow. I think Champs got some as well from what I heard

Yeah by the time I went there, it was sold out (tried the Champs at Eaton's + North on Yonge).

xHiryu

Yeah, man. My only gripe about them is that they are lows: was never a fan of a low anything but these are slick. Might cop but I should just save for the bred 13s.

on the off chance you get an L on the breds, those kicks would be a solid backup pair. hyperdunks have always been exceptional ball kicks in my experience

Cosmic Bus

pristine morning snow
Don't support the Weeknd 💩

Plenty of similar white high tops out there that won't involve giving money to a sample thief, misogynist, and Orientalist

Top Bottom