• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

2017 B/S/T Feedback Thread | Read the OP, and Prepare to Feedback

Istaerion

I guess I need some advice on a trade, I traded Stardew Valley and Octodad for Total War Warhammer, but the gift link I was sent had already been redeemed when I clicked on it. The other person said I should just keep my games and that they hadn't used them yet, but both of the gift links I sent them now say they have been redeemed already. Not sure what to do now.

Not that I expect the other person to fess up to redeeming them, but have you contacted them regarding the problem? If you get no response, I believe the situation calls for negative feedback as you were essentially scammed.

If you get a response saying they didn't redeem the codes or don't know what's wrong, neutral feedback would be appropriate since you were still wronged but not explicitly so.

This sort of situation is why it's recommended that the user with the highest feedback verifies that their side of the transaction checks out before carrying on with full completion.

Not that I expect the other person to fess up to redeeming them, but have you contacted them regarding the problem? If you get no response, I believe the situation calls for negative feedback as you were essentially scammed.

If you get a response saying they didn't redeem the codes or don't know what's wrong, neutral feedback would be appropriate since you were still wronged but not explicitly so.

This sort of situation is why it's recommended that the user with the highest feedback verifies that their side of the transaction checks out before carrying on with full completion.

They told me they didn't redeem them, but the links were working when I sent them to them, so I really don't have any explanation as to what happened.

Istaerion

They told me they didn't redeem them, but the links were working when I sent them to them, so I really don't have any explanation as to what happened.

I don't want to assume anything, but someone had to have redeemed them after the fact if they were working when you sent them. I'd file this under neutral feedback unless you just want to hold off on leaving feedback altogether. It's up to you, but I don't see how you'll get a positive outcome unless he/she tries to do right by you.

I don't want to assume anything, but someone had to have redeemed them after the fact if they were working when you sent them. I'd file this under neutral feedback unless you just want to hold off on leaving feedback altogether. It's up to you, but I don't see how you'll get a positive outcome unless he/she tries to do right by you.

I guess I could try to contact them again and see if there's any way to resolve this, but I'm pretty sure I'm just going to end up taking the L here.

I guess I could try to contact them again and see if there's any way to resolve this, but I'm pretty sure I'm just going to end up taking the L here.

Leave them negative feedback.

The agreement was to trade codes. You didn't get a code, and you didn't get your codes back.

Is it your word against the other person's? Yes, but that is the nature of digital transactions. I suppose you could track down the other person's Steam account and see if they have those codes in their library, but even then it's not definitive proof. Note that this also opens you up to negative feedback from the other person.

You can also contact Humble support and say your link is invalid; they will deactivate the game and give you a new gift link.

sadromeo

Positive feedback for tariniel. Very communicative, very patient, shipped my game right away and received in great condition quickly. Would definitely buy from again.

Mega

Banned
Positive Seller feedback for wheapon

Good communication and quick delivery of games, all in great condition. Thanks!

Josh5890

Positive Seller Feedback for OraleeWey

Sold me a PS3 console. Transaction was smooth. Contents were packaged perfectly in the box. This is a great gaffer to buy from.

Positive Seller Feedback for Zaheer

Zaheer is an absolutely phenomenal seller who has never let me down! He is very patient, understanding, and fast among many other things! The person to go to for your gift card needs!

Zaheer

Positive Seller Feedback for Zaheer

Zaheer is an absolutely phenomenal seller who has never let me down! He is very patient, understanding, and fast among many other things! The person to go to for your gift card needs!

Positive Buyer Feedback for Karspankey

The feeling is mutual! Kars is everything you should want in a buyer and an amazing member of this community! Our third time doing business and each time was an enjoyable experience! Can't wait to do it again in the future!

Top Bottom