• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox One X Preorder Thread

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
I'll order 2 to replace my current Xbox one S then swap those over to my TVs with 4kbluray players then sell the players. Looks like Xbox x going to take the place of my PS4 pro as console for 3rd party games (except destiny).

goldenpp72

giphy.gif

Hate to agree but, I agree. Even at 400 I was thinking no, so they made the decision easy by not announcing any exciting exclusives on top of being 500 bucks.

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Hopefully my Xbone S 2tb still fetches a decent price.
Want to trade this bad boy in for the new shiny box.

During the conference I was toying with the idea just for State of Decay 2, but then $499 happened. I think I'll pass for now.

I'd also like to see what their VR plans for this thing really are (if there are any plans.)

Curufinwe

During the conference I was toying with the idea just for State of Decay 2, but then $499 happened. I think I'll pass for now.

I'd also like to see what their VR plans for this thing really are (if there are any plans.)

Pro was $50 at Xmas, so this should be too.

I'll wait till then.

Not day 1, but as soon as I've got my UHD+HDR TV that I plan to get this fall, I'll be in the market for an XB1X as my dedicated UHD blu-ray player and, of course, top-of-the-line Xbox console. But mostly UHD player. I like the XB1X and think Microsoft's got good hardware with a good lineup, but I'm still in the Sony camp when I compare the appeal of exclusives between the two platforms, as far as my tastes go, and I can say that based on what I already know Sony's got in the pipeline and without any knowledge of what they might bring to the table tomorrow.

Damn, I was hoping to get a preorder in today. Now they aren't opening it up until later this year? It will be constantly on my mind until then. What an odd thing to have a 2-hour infomercial and then not have the ability to lock one in.

Hawk269

For some reason in Idaho GS stores close at 6pm, so I called my old Store I use to shop at in California and they said they are hoping that they are going to start taking pre-orders soon, but they had a had written list that they would call people back when pre-orders start. He said that there was about 30 people on the list so far, this was about 2 hours after the conference was over. He said he was getting a lot of calls.

I asked if they were doing trade-in deals, but he was not sure what they are doing if anything. I know for the PRO they did give more for trades of PS4's & Xbox One's, so hopefully they do the same.

frogger

I think the demand should be similar to pro, I should be able just to walk into a store and buy one on launch day.

RoKKeR

Honestly a bit unbelievable that pre-orders aren't already. What is the thought process there? You've had a year to prepare for this!

cucuchu

Yup just saw that.

So is it weird that this hasnt passed the FCC thing yet? That sounds odd.

I am not too familiar with the process but they could be anywhere in regards to the process of FCC approval and they could be at the end of it just awaiting confirmation. Its not like they just filed it today for approval. One would think they would want preorders up soon to capatilize on whatever hype the Xbox one X has going for it.

So this might also go in the Buy/Sell/Trade thread but I'd be interested in buying off an XBO S from someone interested in getting a XBO X. I'd like to get the storm grey system at a decent price. Honestly, all I want is the console since I already have an elite for my PC so I hope I can get it for a decent price if someone's really interested in upgrading.

Toe-Knee

I was tempted to jump in and get my first Ms console since the OG crystal xbox but £449 is just way too high when I already have a Pro and a pc.

Hopefully the price drops as fast as the launch xbone.

It will be discounted at least $50 by February and probably have a bundled game, so I doubt pre-ordering this is a smart move.

Thanks for your great advice. Everything that is out this year will be discounted by February.

If people wanna preorder then let them be. Don't come in a preorder thread and saying it's a stupid move to preorder as its not your money.

Top Bottom