• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Television Displays and Technology Thread: This is a fantasy based on OLED

It came across that way to me too tbh. Downplaying issues the Sony has while blowing up any of the LGs quirks, and whenever anyone mentions any issue with an LG set you show up to say "and everybody acts like I'm craaaaazy for saying LG OLED isn't the best" and implying anyone who loves the LG just has owner's bias.

Just seems kinda weird.
That's my opinion after using both of them. The Sony's issues were more minor to me. Some people's continued defensiveness about that is why I made the remark about owner's bias. AFAIK, noone in here gushing about LG was ever accused of 'strange loyalty'.

So i have to tune in. I follow this thread daily and if he puhses one TV it's the xe9005 and not the oled, which is totally fine because its the best mid range tv this year and this is a gaming forum with members i believe are younger then say on a hifi board, which usually don't spend 3k on a TV. The LG is not perfect and if money is no concern I would also recommend the A1. Why? Better upscaling, smooth graduation, not running the risk (I don't remember any incident with Sony) to get an update which makes the tv worse. Could you please stop now.

Edit: To not let it out Android OS on Sony Tv's is sluggish and breaks down sometimes, LGs is much better. There are vids out there to make the Android a little bit better. And yes the Sony clips highlights because of tonemapping. Did I forgot something.

Maybe we just do a pro and con for every TV, to settle it for this year ^_~
Thanks for backing that up.

And yeah, the sluggishness while playing HDR is why my main advice is to wait for 2018. That's what I'm doing after returning the C7 and X900E, after all.

Edit:
I was disappointed by the C7 exactly because everyone has been hyping them for years now. I was expecting a mind-blowing viewing experience, and it's, well, it's just a good TV (with a host of software issues too!). Maybe 2017 LCDs have closed the gap, maybe HDR has leveled the playing field. In any case, going from a (on loan) X900E to a C7 (which I bought and was hyped as fuck for) wasn't at all what I was expecting based on all the hype. So yeah, I'm pushing back against the praise a little bit.

ApharmdX

Banned
Does anyone have working settings for 2017 OLED and Mass Effect Andromeda with Dolby Vision? HDR10 works but DV does not. Setup is 1080 Ti with the latest drivers and Windows 10 Creators Update.

The ZD9 has dropped in price. Best Buy has it at $3999.99 and I can get it from Cleveland Plasma for $3350 w/ no tax and free shipping. It would actually be cheaper than the LG E7 which I paid $3499.99 and now is back up to $3999.99.

I am just debating with myself on the plus and minus of each set. The fact that there is a lot of people having issue with screen uniformity, granted those with issues will be more vocal and all...but my screen is basically perfect. OLED black level is outstanding and games really pop...but when it comes to brightness level I know the ZD9 can kick serious butt with it's brightness. I know both are great sets..I guess hearing all these issues with LG potentially making things worse with firmware is bothering me.

For example, the most recent patch for the Seven Series gave all TV picture modes when using it as PC mode the same input lag, but in their lack of testing did not realize that it introduced color banding/gradients in every picture mode. So they make progress in one regard with improving input lag on all picture settings but destroy the image with the introduction of gradients/color banding making the mode useless now all together.

I am in that position of wondering if the grass is greener on the other side and if I wanted to switch back would I get lucky with another E7 that has great screen uniformity. Waiting till next CES was out of the question as this was for my Game Room in our new house and need to have a screen in that room, especially as we get closer to the Xbox One X release.

Zero blacks are a game changer. The Z9D is a good LCD but its blacks aren't on the same plane as the OLEDs. Mixed scenes look flat on the Sony in comparison. The 65" Z9D also has really poor pixel response time. It's difficult to recommend at this point. Stick with your LG or wait for the 2018 OLEDs.

Alfredo_V

Neo Member
It's really shitty of LG doing this. Are they afraid old HDR game may cause IR/BI for careless consumers? Their argument of "new mode makes the HDR representation better" feels so off.

I gonna reach out to LG today and report this, just to do what I can to adress this.

Make sure Dynamic Contrast is set to LOW (for HDR content), which is the required setting on the 2017 LG OLEDs. That doesn't actually enable dynamic contrast, but enables the metadata for correct HDR processing. Setting it to medium/high DOES enable dynamic contrast, which you don't want.

Thanks, I'm aware. Gonna test this more later on, but I think I tried this on/off in RE7 last night and it didn't seem to make so much difference.

Mrbob

I don't get LG with their firmware updates either. Outside of pc mode HDR fix I'm happy with my c7 as is but I don't need LG ruining my purchase with firmware updates. Almost feels like a video game that adds micro transactions after it's been reviewed highly by everyone. Luckily they haven't touched the 2017 line yet. I'm guessing the backlash on 2016 sets is giving then pause.

The Sony x930 doesn't get enough love. If it's within the budget if buy that over the x900e.

I need some help, folks. My budget is 700 bucks at the most and I’ve been looking at the 2017 Vizio 55” m-series 4K set with hdr. I have also been reading up on the tcl set which pops up occassionally on the gaming side of the site. My wife and I have been using a 32” vizio tv which I have had for the last 10+ years. I am about to get a payout for some of my comp time from work hence the reason why I am looking to get a new set. I know a budget around 700 at most limits my options but with 4K and her becoming more accepted and cheaper than 3D ever did, I figured it would be a good time to jump in though i’m sure I could probably get better deals on Black Thursday(Friday)/ cyber Monday or even around the super bowl. Any help would be appreciated. I like the vizio m-series because it offers me 4 hdmi ports which would work for my ps4, Xbox one, switch, and Apple TV. I eventually plan to slowly update my consoles to the newer 4K hdr machines once they become more affordable and there’s more reason to get the newer systems which the new tv would help incentivize I would think. If there are other suggestions though, I would like to read them.
The TCL P series or Vizio M series is fine, id just pick one. TCL is better for gaming and I think the Vizio is better for tv viewing, though neither of bad at either. According to Best Buy the TCL only has 3 HDMI inputs.

HDR cinema? I don't have that one on my B6. Just now I was playing Gears 4 and I decided to give HDR another shot. Put dynamic Contrast at medium because at high it really messes the colour up. In terms of brightness it comes quite close to HDR bright but certain lighting effects like moonlight shining through mountains and stuff are nice and bright with HDR bright, I love how that looks and more toned down almost pale with HDR game. Same goes for the clouds in FH3. They look superb with HDR bright, not so much with HDR game.

All in all I can live with this. I'll be using HDR bright in most games that don't require lightning fast reflexes and I'll go HDR game for things like upcoming shooters like Battlefront 2 and such.

That is.... if LG keeps these HDR modes as they are and don't force that shit into the other modes. If they do however, hopefully we can keep ignoring the updates. I'll definitely keep automatic updates off though.

I find a good thing to do on games like BF1, is to turn the deadzones down to 0%, palpable difference in controller response, and you could keep HDR bright.

I don't get LG with their firmware updates either. Outside of pc mode HDR fix I'm happy with my c7 as is but I don't need LG ruining my purchase with firmware updates. Almost feels like a video game that adds micro transactions after it's been reviewed highly by everyone. Luckily they haven't touched the 2017 line yet.

The Sony x930 doesn't get enough love. If it's within the budget if buy that over the x900e.
It does forfeit a significant price advantage over the OLEDs though compared to the X900. Also, the premium over the X900 is quite sizeable.

Do you know whether it comes with a faster soc? I know it has the better image processing chip, but I reckon faster Android OS would almost be worth the money of itself.

holygeesus

Banned
The ZD9 has dropped in price. Best Buy has it at $3999.99 and I can get it from Cleveland Plasma for $3350 w/ no tax and free shipping. It would actually be cheaper than the LG E7 which I paid $3499.99 and now is back up to $3999.99.

I am just debating with myself on the plus and minus of each set. The fact that there is a lot of people having issue with screen uniformity, granted those with issues will be more vocal and all...but my screen is basically perfect. OLED black level is outstanding and games really pop...but when it comes to brightness level I know the ZD9 can kick serious butt with it's brightness. I know both are great sets..I guess hearing all these issues with LG potentially making things worse with firmware is bothering me.

For example, the most recent patch for the Seven Series gave all TV picture modes when using it as PC mode the same input lag, but in their lack of testing did not realize that it introduced color banding/gradients in every picture mode. So they make progress in one regard with improving input lag on all picture settings but destroy the image with the introduction of gradients/color banding making the mode useless now all together.

I am in that position of wondering if the grass is greener on the other side and if I wanted to switch back would I get lucky with another E7 that has great screen uniformity. Waiting till next CES was out of the question as this was for my Game Room in our new house and need to have a screen in that room, especially as we get closer to the Xbox One X release.

Again, no set is perfect. The ZD9 will not have perfect blacks, will lose detail due to it's active dimming, will have a possibility of vertical banding, shown most noticeably in panning shots eg 2D scrolling games, could have clouding and blooming on whites.

Every TV is a compromise.

For the record, I have gone back to using HDR Game mode on the B6, now winter is back on the way and the nights are drawing in earlier. Most of my gaming is done at night, and I have no issue with the brightness in a dark room. I can't believe that the 7-series now has a dimmer mode than the B6 - what are LG thinking at this point?

TBiddy

I'm looking for a budget 4K-tv with HDR. Currently I'm sporting an almost 10 year Panasonic plasma-tv (with a whopping 1024x768 resolution), so more or less any tv will be a huge upgrade, I suspect.

I found a great deal on this LG TV: http://www.lg.com/uk/tvs/lg-49UJ635V but I've been unable to find any reviews on it. Do any of you guys know it?

sector4

Again, no set is perfect. The ZD9 will not have perfect blacks, will lose detail due to it's active dimming, will have a possibility of vertical banding, shown most noticeably in panning shots eg 2D scrolling games, could have clouding and blooming on whites.

Bolded is true, but lets not spread speculative hyperbole about TVs to make them seem worse.

Have you seen a Z9D in a pitch black room?

As an owner I'd say the only real detriment on the set it it's OS, but that's well documented. After 10 months of having it, it's definitely had it's moments, and given a chance I'd change the OS in a heartbeat haha, but everything else you've listed is a complete non issue, at least on my set and in my experience, no clouding, no banding, no blooming, no loss of detail (wtf? that's a new one) and excellent black levels.

If viewing angle is important to you that would be another negative too, but aside from that it's an absolute monster of a TV.

Kyoufu

For the record, I have gone back to using HDR Game mode on the B6, now winter is back on the way and the nights are drawing in earlier. Most of my gaming is done at night, and I have no issue with the brightness in a dark room. I can't believe that the 7-series now has a dimmer mode than the B6 - what are LG thinking at this point?

Any panel can have vertical banding. Most panels tend to, however faint they may be.

Sony's local dimming algorithm is the best on the market so those issues you listed are non-issues on the ZD9. Sony really knocked out of the park with that set. Too bad about that OS though...

Any panel can have vertical banding. Most panels tend to, however faint they may be.

Sony's local dimming algorithm is the best on the market so those issues you listed are non-issues on the ZD9. Sony really knocked out of the park with that set. Too bad about that OS though...
Is the ZD9 updated to 7.0 yet? Had very few issues with android OS on 7.0, apart from the occasional (but very annoying) sluggishness. That's on Sony for using a crappy soc though.

Alfredo_V

Neo Member
So contacted LG (Sweden) and they are fully aware of reports of HDR game mode being to dark and is going to look into it. They don't have a official response though. The referred to use dynamic contrast to compensate if needed.

Well lets hope LG adress it soon.

holygeesus

Banned
no loss of detail (wtf? that's a new one)

With active dimming engaged you are still limited by how many zones can be 'switched off' to achieve perfect black. It's not 100% accurate like an OLED *should* be, but of course then you have the OLED limitation of crushing black detail on older sets, so again, compromise.

Of course I have seen one in a dark room. It would have been likely bought if Sony offered a 55" flavour, but the 65 is too big for my set-up.

So contacted LG (Sweden) and they are fully aware of reports of HDR game mode being to dark and is going to look into it. They don't have a official response though. The referred to use dynamic contrast to compensate if needed.

Well lets hope LG adress it soon.
LG UK originally said they were working on a fix but have been dead silent since. I contacted the Australian support and they said that it's not a hardware problem but a software one and that it's a different problem in other regions which is bullshit. Oh, they also told me that the software was pushed out to all the HDR modes for 2016 and 2017 OLEDs which is also bullshit. This was two months ago. I might contact them again, see if Australian support are even registering the problem. American and Canadian branches are however saying this is deliberate. So frustrating.

Alfredo_V

Neo Member
LG UK originally said they were working on a fix but have been dead silent since. I contacted the Australian support and they said that it's not a hardware problem but a software one and that it's a different problem in other regions which is bullshit. Oh, they also told me that the software was pushed out to all the HDR modes for 2016 and 2017 OLEDs which is also bullshit. This was two months ago. I might contact them again, see if Australian support are even registering the problem. American and Canadian branches are however saying this is deliberate. So frustrating.

Shiieet. It's one thing to have an official answer and argument for their changes, but LG seems to have different responses across different regions. I don't think they can defend this change so much longer.

Not an owner yet but will be of a 65C7 next month or in november. Don't really like what I'm reading about LG's software mess. This reminds of last year with the input lag of B6 etc. What a mess that was and now they are rounding up for another round?! Jesus christ.
LG must become better in listening to their customers or they'll loose money and get bad reputation around the world.

Please sign up here and share: https://www.change.org/p/lg-electro...o-correct-this-their-choice-not-the-customers
"LG HDR Game Mode too dark/dim. LG to correct this."
Currently only 209 people have signed.

Not an owner yet but will be of a 65C7 next month or in november. Don't really like what I'm reading about LG's software mess. This reminds of last year with the input lag of B6 etc. What a mess that was and now they are rounding up for another round?! Jesus christ.
LG must become better in listening to their customers or they'll loose money and get bad reputation around the world.

Please sign up here and share: https://www.change.org/p/lg-electro...o-correct-this-their-choice-not-the-customers
I signed that petition a while back, sad to see it hasn't got much traction since.

Plum

Everyone's worrying about OLED on their 4K HDR TVs and I'm over here having to deal with Sony Customer Service due to severe vertical banding on my 1080p TV :(

Seriously, it's terrible. Tried to play Hellblade yesterday but the entire opening sequence was completely ruined by how bad it got. No fix for any of it except getting a return and, despite it being under warranty still, I'm not sure I can do that.

Everyone's worrying about OLED on their 4K HDR TVs and I'm over here having to deal with Sony Customer Service due to severe vertical banding on my 1080p TV :(

Seriously, it's terrible. Tried to play Hellblade yesterday but the entire opening sequence was completely ruined by how bad it got. No fix for any of it except getting a return and, despite it being under warranty still, I'm not sure I can do that.
How old is it? Was the banding this obvious from the start?

OLEDs can suffer from pretty bad vertical banding too. Mine isn't too bad but they're there, especially one right in the centre that I can notice more often than I'd like. Every panel is going to have uniformity flaws, I've learnt that the hard way, it's more about finding what you can accept sadly. You mind sharing some pics?

Schlomo

I'm pretty sure this is mainly about the 6 series, right? HDR Game Mode on the 7 series is only marginally dimmer than HDR Cinema.

Mentaur

Neo Member
Does anyone have working settings for 2017 OLED and Mass Effect Andromeda with Dolby Vision? HDR10 works but DV does not. Setup is 1080 Ti with the latest drivers and Windows 10 Creators Update.

Interestingly I read something the other day about how the new Apple TV is causing havoc because you have to specify an output format and then it STICKS with that regardless of the native format of the source material.

One thing that came out of this discussion is that the LG TV's don't support Dolby Vision at 60Hz and 4K - which would likely explain why I haven't been able to get ME:A to work in DV, only HDR10.

I haven't had a chance to test it myself yet, but try dropping the refresh to 30 or the resolution to 1080p.

ApharmdX

Banned
Interestingly I read something the other day about how the new Apple TV is causing havoc because you have to specify an output format and then it STICKS with that regardless of the native format of the source material.

One thing that came out of this discussion is that the LG TV's don't support Dolby Vision at 60Hz and 4K - which would likely explain why I haven't been able to get ME:A to work in DV, only HDR10.

I haven't had a chance to test it myself yet, but try dropping the refresh to 30 or the resolution to 1080p.

Thanks, I'll try that. I tried 1080p@120Hz but I'm thinking 4K30 may be the answer instead. Thought that the 2017 LGs did support DV @4K60 but maybe not?

Plum

How old is it? Was the banding this obvious from the start?

Around half a year since I bought it. Must admit that it was obvious from the start but,ecause I was playing a lot of quite colourful games at the time (Persona 5, Splatoon 2), it wasn't exactly noticeable. It got really bad for me when I played through SOMA (it was constant in the sea floor sections) and now Hellblade and some parts of Yakuza 0 are just ruined by it. Battlefield 1 is especially bad as well in some maps. Good thing is that, now I know what it is, I've learnt the lesson to do some tests as soon as I get any new TVs so I can return/refund it easily.

OLEDs can suffer from pretty bad vertical banding too. Mine isn't too bad but they're there, especially one right in the centre that I can notice more often than I'd like. Every panel is going to have uniformity flaws, I've learnt that the hard way, it's more about finding what you can accept sadly. You mind sharing some pics?

rulIuqP.jpg

It's hard to get it that well represented on camera, but I think that should show where it is.

That's a damn shame to hear about OLEDs having it too. My TV's a low-ish end Sony so a few defects might be expected, but I'd hate to find banding in something I'm paying over £1,000 for.

Around half a year since I bought it. Must admit that it was obvious from the start but,ecause I was playing a lot of quite colourful games at the time (Persona 5, Splatoon 2), it wasn't exactly noticeable. It got really bad for me when I played through SOMA (it was constant in the sea floor sections) and now Hellblade and some parts of Yakuza 0 are just ruined by it. Battlefield 1 is especially bad as well in some maps. Good thing is that, now I know what it is, I've learnt the lesson to do some tests as soon as I get any new TVs so I can return/refund it easily.

It's hard to get it that well represented on camera, but I think that should show where it is.

That's a damn shame to hear about OLEDs having it too. My TV's a low-ish end Sony so a few defects might be expected, but I'd hate to find banding in something I'm paying over £1,000 for.

Banding is one of the reasons I returned my C7 OLED last week. Barely any banding on the X900E, though, which was a pleasant surprise. #notalltvs

My current Panasonic 4K LCD has some pretty noticeable banding too, but not as bad as you're describing it. It'd look pretty similar to your picture if I took a picture of mine, though. It's especially noticeable with panning grey/off-white backgrounds.

I had warranty take a look at my banding, and of course they said it's within spec.

Plum

Banding is one of the reasons I returned my C7 OLED last week. Barely any banding on the X900E, though, which was a pleasant surprise. #notalltvs

My current Panasonic 4K LCD has some pretty noticeable banding too, but not as bad as you're describing it. It'd look pretty similar to your picture if I took a picture of mine, though. It's especially noticeable with panning grey/off-white backgrounds.

I had warranty take a look at my banding, and of course they said it's within spec.

Damn, that sucks. I'll probably buy myself a smaller 42 inch TV if I get a return/refund, I've read that the smaller the TV the less chance of banding.

I'm hoping they don't come back and say it's within spec. It's not the end of the world, but it's not good at all, really.

holygeesus

Banned
We need to use the correct terms - vertical bands are different from 'banding'.

I see some banding on my B6, but only typically with overly compressed source material. Fortunately no vertical bands, which would annoy the hell out of me as I watch a lot of football.

Damn, that sucks. I'll probably buy myself a smaller 42 inch TV if I get a return/refund, I've read that the smaller the TV the less chance of banding.

I'm hoping they don't come back and say it's within spec. It's not the end of the world, but it's not good at all, really.
The X900E was a 49 inch, FWIW. But of course it's all a panel lottery regardless of size.

Macaco84

I see some banding on my B6, but only typically with overly compressed source material. Fortunately no vertical bands, which would annoy the hell out of me as I watch a lot of football.

I have been through 2 xe900s because of banding. Currently on a xe93 that also has banding although a more acceptable level.

Pretty sure all Sony tvs have this issue. The xe900s definitely have a vertical band at the centre (although some are less sensitive to it than others) and the xe93s have less pronounced bands to the left and right of centre. Pretty sure all due to manufacturing.

I have been through 2 xe900s because of banding. Currently on a xe93 that also has banding although a more acceptable level.

Pretty sure all Sony tvs have this issue. The xe900s definitely have a vertical band at the centre (although some are less sensitive to it than others) and the xe93s have less pronounced bands to the left and right of centre. Pretty sure all due to manufacturing.

That sucks. Didn't notice any (pronounced) vertical bands on mine.

Weirdly, the only TV I've ever owned that was completely free of vertical bands was an ancient (2008-2009 something) Full HD Bravia.

MazeHaze

Banned

Put up a grayscale test pattern and you'll prob see some vertical bands. My B7 definitely has some that are on occasion visible in content (dark gray/earth tone panning shots mostly)

My Samsung KS8000 had no vertical banding though, but had It's own problems with a bit of flashlighting due to the poor local dimming.

No TV is perfect is what I've learned. Just try to get a kick ass set that wows you.

holygeesus

Banned
Put up a grayscale test pattern and you'll prob see some vertical bands. My B7 definitely has some that are on occasion visible in content (dark gray/earth tone panning shots mostly)

My Samsung KS8000 had no vertical banding though, but had It's own problems with a bit of flashlighting due to the poor local dimming.

No TV is perfect is what I've learned. Just try to get a kick ass set that wows you.

I've done all the grey tests when I first bought my B6. There are none, and trust me, I am picky. The 7 range, and indeed the Sony OLED seems far more prone to vertical bands than the 6 range. Quality control has certainly dropped a tad. Also worth considering that vertical bands are far less of an issue on 55" sets (which is what I own)

Kyoufu

Is the ZD9 updated to 7.0 yet? Had very few issues with android OS on 7.0, apart from the occasional (but very annoying) sluggishness. That's on Sony for using a crappy soc though.

Android TV is really bloated with the bajillion processes it runs. Vincent Teoh did a good optimisation video where he turned off a certain background process which improved performance.

Also if you keep the TV offline then it runs much smoother. Hopefully Google can improve this because Android TV itself is very functional, it just needs to run better. Until that happens, WebOS is king.

Macaco84

That sucks. Didn't notice any (pronounced) vertical bands on mine.

Weirdly, the only TV I've ever owned that was completely free of vertical bands was an ancient (2008-2009 something) Full HD Bravia.

Think it is more normal for the larger screens. All of mine were 65 inch. The fact the bands were in the exact same position on both xe90s makes me suspect it is in the design. And tbh only really noticeable when watching panning shots like football off centre.

As everything else about the xe93 is astonishingly good I have forgiven it for the bands! And as many are saying here, bands are par for the course for large LCD tv's. One of the areas plasma would have an advantage if it was still around.

JG5253

Android TV is really bloated with the bajillion processes it runs. Vincent Teoh did a good optimisation video where he turned off a certain background process which improved performance.

Also if you keep the TV offline then it runs much smoother. Hopefully Google can improve this because Android TV itself is very functional, it just needs to run better. Until that happens, WebOS is king.

I think Roku edges it out

Kyoufu

I think Roku edges it out

Roku is an external box, right? Not really a fair comparison, although the thing about external devices is that they can be missing key functionality like Dolby Vision which you'd have to use the TV apps for, so having a good TV OS is still pretty important.

Ah right, I'll check that video out if I end up getting an Android OS set. I honestly thought it ran fine outside of HDR content, but I don't question people's experiences on the older TVs.

Think it is more normal for the larger screens. All of mine were 65 inch. The fact the bands were in the exact same position on both xe90s makes me suspect it is in the design. And tbh only really noticeable when watching panning shots like football off centre.

As everything else about the xe93 is astonishingly good I have forgiven it for the bands! And as many are saying here, bands are par for the course for large LCD tv's. One of the areas plasma would have an advantage if it was still around.
Now that you mention it, I do recall plenty of reports on the 65 inch X9's. Happy it's not a deal-breaker for you. I plan on getting a 65 next year, hope they'll have worked out the kinks.

psychotron

Vertical DSE sucks. I’ve tried 3 900e’s and they all have it. I tried to capture it in this video, though the quality is low. Still you can make out the faint vertical lines.

https://youtu.be/_P1NrElvnf0

holygeesus

Banned
Roku is an external box, right? Not really a fair comparison, although the thing about external devices is that they can be missing key functionality like Dolby Vision which you'd have to use the TV apps for, so having a good TV OS is still pretty important.

I think you can get TVs with Roku OS incorporated. If my Roku Premiere is anything to go by though, I don't think WebOS has anything to worry about. They manage to literally make things worse with every firmware release they produce for it. WebOS is great.

JG5253

Sorry I meant Roku TV OS.. My TCL P607 supports Dolby vision. DV and Atmos on Vudu. Netflix also has DV as well.. The user interference is nice and quick. Live TV pause and rewind is awesome as well

Weevilone

I think you can get TVs with Roku OS incorporated. If my Roku Premiere is anything to go by though, I don't think WebOS has anything to worry about. They manage to literally make things worse with every firmware release they produce for it. WebOS is great.

Yeah I'd agree with that. I have a Roku Ultra and a Premier. I've had to factory reset the Ultra a couple of times due to lock-ups when the kids were watching content. The UI itself is so basic too.

I think we have about every streaming device and the Roku is the least favorite in this household. The lack of DV and the shitty PS Vue client seals it.

Purdy

Just got this - http://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/sony/x900e

Anyone able to help out with setting for ensuring HDR is enabled properly on port 2? My xbox one isn't showing all ticks on the 4K TV details page (Yeah I'm using the correct cable)

Sadly only two ports support HDR and the other is used for ARC so having to swap Xbox One and PS4 cable....

EDIT: Perhaps I need to enable enhanced format for inputs, will look at it in the morning.

Top Bottom