• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Metroid: Samus Returns |OT| What's past is prologue.

KayMote

Only 12 Metroids left and I think I played for around 8 hours. This game is HUGE! Probably the biggest 2D Metroid, yet.

Amazing OT and awesome title!

I cannot wait to get into playing this tomorrow when I get my LE and Samus 3ds. I never thought I would have the chance to own a Metroid edition console in my life the hype is beyond normal or safe.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Haven't played Metroid 2 since the early 90's on my GB.

Just purchased this game and the VC release of Metroid 2 on eShop for my 3DS. I may end up playing both back to back.

KodaRuss

I guess I am going to have to get this game after all. I thought i had cancelled the Metroid 3DS that I preordered but I just got a shipping confirmation. Whoops, guess Ill keep it.

I'm hoping Amazon lists the amiibo for sale tomorrow. Gotta get those. There's just too few cool Metroid things for fans to collect.

Tuck

Best thing about other m was that trailer. Great title op.

Can't wait to play this! But I may have to wait a few months... :(

My only minor complaint is that you can't control Samus with the D-pad, I'm making too much mistakes now when there are "panicky" combat situations. I really suck at controlling 2D platformers with an analogue nub/stick, lol.
But it's really good so far! Glad she's back.

I wasn't able to grab the SE, is the soundtrack for this thing available to buy somewhere that came with the game?

I can't find a stand alone soundtrack but I know these will hit ebay and if you dig enough you will be able to find the tracks floating around the internet in a few days. This is starting to sound like this is the longest 2d Metroid. I am excited to find out.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Shame we didnt get that sweet CE in NA. Still in day 1. Ill have to settle for an 8bit Samus keychain preorder bonus.

my order of the CE on amazon is still "in preparation" since this morning... i really have a bad feeling about this...

cancellation incoming :(

Shame we didnt get that sweet CE in NA. Still in day 1. Ill have to settle for an 8bit Samus keychain preorder bonus.

That damn keychain is why I did not use GCU to order the game. It could have been Metroid toilet paper and I would have bought it. Nintendo needs more merchandise for Metroid.

In for this!! Got it preloaded on my 3DS.

...But yesterday we had the surprise drop off Octopath Traveler and Etrian Odyssey demos. I think I might go through those first before jumping in here.

Orcastar

That damn keychain is why I did not use GCU to order the game. It could have been Metroid toilet paper and I would have bought it. Nintendo needs more merchandise for Metroid.

The keychain is pretty disappointing, easily the worst part of the Legacy Edition. Really light and plasticky.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
The keychain is pretty disappointing, easily the worst part of the Legacy Edition. Really light and plasticky.

We're talking about the 8bit Samus keychain. A preorder bonus from EB Games. We didnt get the legacy edition in NA (thanks Reggie)

latest

I am beyond excited for this game, but I'm not as excited about the choice in graphical style. I feel like these 2.5D aesthetic isn't going to hold up over time. Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion pixel art still looks good to this day, while this remake looks like a PS1 game. I'm confident that the game will still be great, but I wish that they had stuck with fantastic pixel art the games are known for. How do you guys feel about this shift in design? How do you think this will effect it's appeal 10 years from now, and the hype is gone?

Maedhros

I am beyond excited for this game, but I'm not as excited about the choice in graphical style. I feel like these 2.5D aesthetic isn't going to hold up over time. Super Metroid and Metroid Fusion pixel art still looks good to this day, while this remake looks like a PS1 game. I'm confident that the game will still be great, but I wish that they had stuck with fantastic pixel art the games are known for. How do you guys feel about this shift in design? How do you think this will effect it's appeal 10 years from now, and the hype is gone?

I feel like it already looks bad. My number one problem with this remake.

13ruce

Banned

I actually love it looks like 2D Prime to me. And the backgrounds are gonna look amazing in 3D.

Meh, just learned that you can't use the Dpad to control Samus. Hype fell from maximum to below zero immediately. I think I'll pass.

forrest

formerly nacire
Pre-ordered at the gamestop by me yesterday. Amazon Prime couldn't promise release date delivery and I'm headed out of town early tomorrow morning on a camping trip. So instead of saving 8 bucks I'll get a free keychain, lol. Oh well, at least I'll have the game for my trip. Cant wait to play!

Top Bottom