• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mass Effect: Andromeda |OT| Ryders on the Storm

The planets in the Golden Worlds briefing trailer looked so amazing but I have yet to see them in any streams, I take it they aren't actually in the game?

They are, the planets just aren't what you expect them to be when you get there. Finding out why they changed so much during the 600 year trip is pretty much the plot of the game.

JoeBoy101

The planets in the Golden Worlds briefing trailer looked so amazing but I have yet to see them in any streams, I take it they aren't actually in the game?

Yeeaaaahhh. About that....

In game reasons why you don't see them in streams. Its not content cut all though. At least, that's my understanding from the 10 hours in trial.

TheFatMan

Man my body is ready! I keep praying USPS delivers it early tomorrow, but I don't have high hopes. Gonna be a long two days at work.

Revas

Great OP.

I don't usually care for reviews, do many drop soon as the embargo ends?

If use a VPN I can play tonight? Oh jeez!

qA13Vhw.gif

Ooft.

Nice, that's great to hear! Is the slowmo still a thing or did they remove it entirely?

It's not up from the start at least, might be an unlockable perk though I'm not sure (?)
I don't know if it would still fit in the new dynamic way combat gameplay evolved, but sniping around feels great that I can assure you !

Nori Chan

Anybody else who bought the digital deluxe edition on xbox one not get their MP pack? I saw on the bioweare stream that they'll start this week but I didn't get nothing

I really don't want to see any other planets, but for the ones who watched some streams. Would you say it's clearly more interesting and more fun looking to explore than Eos? It really is my only worry, if all of that is a-okay i will buy it for sure.

My impressions from the trial thread:

8 hours with the game so far on PC (i7-4790k / GTX 1070):

4 hours of MP:

+ If you enjoyed ME3's MP, you'll enjoy it here
+ Maps are smaller, but more vertical - allowing dynamic firefights more often and matches go by quicker
- Rubber banding, lag and weird animation issues
- Sound mixing is awful and needs to be fixed

4 hours of SP:

+ It looks and plays nice on my PC at 1440p / 60 FPS with a mix of high and ultra settings
+ Gameplay gives you more variety with access to all skills
- Planet scanning is simplified, but kind of pointless and takes up time (especially if there are no anomalies to scan for)
- Some of the dialog and writing is just bad
- Just like with the MP, animations are weird and all over the place

It's Mass Effect, so the sense of wonder and planetary exploration keeps you wanting to play more. Will be another divisive game in the series, but I don't think it's terrible - there's fun to be had in MP and SP! It gets a purchase from me since I'm engrossed with the series and I want to see the story through 'til the end to see if BioWare made any improvements.

masseffectandromeda033esk9.png

masseffectandromeda03r7uyc.png

masseffectandromeda03yvz6b.png

Yeeaaaahhh. About that....

In game reasons why you don't see them in streams. Its not content cut all though. At least, that's my understanding from the 10 hours in trial.

I thought that all the original Habitat planets are still explorable, but vastly different to the original scans, eg Habitat 1 is Eos, Habitat 2 is Eladin, and Habitat 6 is Voohel (sp?), ect

Great OT, despite the subpar animations, I'm still getting this. OP would you mind linking to the Ryder family thread as well? I'm guessing people would use that to share their Ryders once the game launches

Wallach

Oh shit, I just really looked at the Profiles thing in the trial. Tech Armor is still in there, time for that Sentinel lifestyle.

I thought that all the original Habitat planets are still explorable, but vastly different to the original scans, eg Habitat 1 is Eos, and Habitat 6 is Voohel (sp?), the ice planet with the Angarans. The one with the red trees in the AI video is the one that the Krogans are on in-game ect.

Nope. They apparently laid out a lot of Habitat-####, of which Eos is one. The original 7 Golden Worlds
are all pretty much fucked.

TheFatMan

Anyone know if DF has made a PS4 vs PS4 Pro video yet? The only one I can find is from like last year which I don't trust to demonstrate the final product.

Jaraghan

Been playing some of the singleplayer through the EA access trial. I gotta say, Biotics are incredibly fun to use. I might go only down the biotic route (maybe for MP too).

Has it been known why CdKeyes is thursday?
Not a big deal since ive got zelda on my plate but im curious.
Both cdkeys and gmg seem to be after the release on digital pc on origin. I want to think that they can't release keys until it's closer to the European release so people down there don't go over the release date.

But it's also likely to drive sales directly into origin for people who don't want to wait 3 more days

Redlogic

Well, I'm definitely excited to play this on Tuesday. Digital version already pre-loaded on PS4Pro. I will admit that I actually liked ME1 the most (it being the closest to KOTOR like gameplay), I still enjoy the gameplay as it is now. Never played the multi-player in previous versions so I'm looking forward to trying it in this!

Zyae

I always played Vanguard as my main in mass effect but Im not sure im feeling it this time around from 10 hours in the trial. Seemed too melee focused. Thinking of leaning towards sentinel.

Top Bottom