• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GTTV Revealing New Sony Game "Very Soon", More

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Can't wait to see my warhawk thundering around space shooting shit up.

Thundering around the silence of space.

Can't wait.

agaru

NeoUltima said:
Unless...Jaffe isn't making Twisted Metal, but someone else is :eek:

If Jaffe is implying here that he knows what the game is...my bet would be Starhawk. He's tight with them Incog guys.
Good observation. Starhawk looking more likely.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
agaru said:
Good observation. Starhawk looking more likely.

Starhawk is coming from what's technically not a first party either.

But I don't think Geoff really cared whether Lightbox was a first party or not when he made this statement about the glorious, space-bound return of wowhawk.

switch-it

Banned
WrikaWrek said:
Subjective, i think it's awful. That said, wasn't successful enough in any front to warrant a sequel.

Sony should just spend that money on another Quantic Dreams game, because i'm loving Heavy Rain.

I hate how often the only two adjectives used to describe how one feels about a game is awesome and awful. Nothing in between. :/

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
TheFury said:
Is this a different Sony game being revealed?

Interesting.

So Starhawk might be announced at 9:00pm (Belgium time)?

edit - My Starhawk affirmations aside, I'm sure whatever this game is it's the same game GTTV will be showing. SCE might announce it ahead of GTTV, with GTTV showing the first trailer a few hours later.

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
gofreak said:
Interesting.

So Starhawk might be announced at 9:00pm (Belgium time)?

edit - My Starhawk affirmations aside, I'm sure whatever this game is it's the same game GTTV will be showing. SCE might announce it ahead of GTTV, with GTTV showing the first trailer a few hours later.

If SCEE is announcing it does that mean it is likely to be a game developed in Europe. Possibly Killzone 3 or LBP2?

Firewire

Banned
Saiyar said:
If SCEE is announcing it does that mean it is likely to be a game developed in Europe. Possibly Killzone 3 or LBP2?

But then wouldn't it be weird for Game Trailers to have the exclusive first look. I'd think that it would have gone to a Euro outlet.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Saiyar said:

I don't think the article indicates its a SCEE announcement specifically. SCEE obviously disseminates announcements about any new games regardless of where they come from.

That GTTV got the first trailer, to me, suggests it's a SCEA thing...

WrikaWrek

Banned
switch-it said:
I hate how often the only two adjectives used to describe how one feels about a game is awesome and awful. Nothing in between. :/

Well i'm actually not like that. Many times i use average.

I don't use Awful a lot at all actually, but to me, in this case...yes.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Kos Luftar said:
I guess GTTV only have exclusivity for US announcement or is the Belgium announcement for a different game?

I'm sure they're the same game.

GTTV has the first look at the trailer, but not necessarily the first announcement...it sounds like Sony will be announcing it themselves just a little ahead of the trailer debut on GTTV.

It is, if you like, a good way to get more people to watch the episode and see the trailer. With a full Sony press reach-out ahead of the show, more people are likely to tune in. Despite GTTV's own promo efforts , Sony's announcement will probably bring even more eyeballs in. So it makes sense to drum up that interest in advance with an announcement, to make sure the trailer debut generates the most impact possible.

gofreak said:

GTTV has the first look at the trailer, but not necessarily the first announcement...it sounds like Sony will be announcing it themselves just a little ahead of the trailer debut on GTTV.

It is, if you like, a good way to get more people to watch the episode and see the trailer. With a full Sony press reach-out ahead of the show, more people are likely to tune in. Despite GTTV's own promo efforts , Sony's announcement will probably bring even more eyeballs in. So it makes sense to drum up that interest in advance with an announcement.

Sounds interesting. I will be F5ing NA and EU PS Blogs around 3pm EST than.

I would rather have a Sony funded Platinum Games exclusive, Capcom exclusive, SE exclusive or a ZOE 3 exclusive.

I would also love to see a LittleBigPlanet take on the beat em up genre. It would be awesome designing our own characters, levels, enemies, combos and melee attacks LBP style. It would be the perfect coop game as well.

AAK

gofreak said:

It is, if you like, a good way to get more people to watch the episode and see the trailer. With a full Sony press reach-out ahead of the show, more people are likely to tune in. Despite GTTV's own promo efforts , Sony's announcement will probably bring even more eyeballs in. So it makes sense to drum up that interest in advance with an announcement, to make sure the trailer debut generates the most impact possible.

Man o man, I really think you are setting yourself and all of GAF for a mega disappointment.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
AAK said:
Man o man, I really think you are setting yourself and all of GAF for a mega disappointment.

:lol What's in my post that remotely heightens expectations?

All I'm saying is that I think the game SCE is announcing at 9 and the game GTTV are showing later are the same. That if anything is dampening the (unrealistic) expectation of there being TWO games :lol

theBishop said:
This issue keeps coming up, and it's starting to irritate me.

If Sony is publishing, it's first party.

I was under the impression that first party refers to internally owned studios, second party is games published or co-developed with console manufacturer. So second party is actually games, not studios. Demon's Souls and Gears of War for example are second party even though From Software also makes games for xbox and Epic makes games also for PS3. Wikipedia has a list of Sony first and second parties. Sony owns Resistance and Ratchet IPs, but doesn't own Insomniac, so their games are second party.

DMeisterJ

Banned
NeoUltima said:
Unless...Jaffe isn't making Twisted Metal, but someone else is :eek:

If Jaffe is implying here that he knows what the game is...my bet would be Starhawk. He's tight with them Incog guys.

JS from Insomniac knows what the game is too, so I wouldn't read too much into Jaffe knowing.

°°ToMmY°° said:
where's Sin when you need him.

I know! D:

StuBurns

Banned
Absolute Bastard said:
I was under the impression that first party refers to internally owned studios, second party is games published or co-developed with console manufacturer. So second party is actually games, not studios. Demon's Souls and Gears of War for example are second party even though From Software also makes games for xbox and Epic makes games also for PS3. Wikipedia has a list of Sony first and second parties. Sony owns Resistance and Ratchet IPs, but doesn't own Insomniac, so their games are second party.
Technically there is no second party. Resistance is legally a first party game, Sony own the IP and publish it. Insomniac are a third party developer. But for ease people use the term second party because gamers can instantly understand the relationship between the game and console.

iceatcs

AAK said:
You really expect a trailer to be shown?
Geoff said something to see, maybe just a word we can read like Rockstar's style teaser.

"Second party" is slang word for independent studio doing for first party game.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
DMeisterJ said:
JS from Insomniac knows what the game is too, so I wouldn't read too much into Jaffe knowing.
Yeah. I assume most of Sony's internal studios are aware of what games are being showed off when because they're on some kind of schedule for revealing. The developers also talk among themselves a lot.

thcsquad

Absolute Bastard said:

First party studio: What you said
First party game: What samBishop said

Or maybe I'm wrong. Either way, its tough to think Geoff Keighley cared about the distinction between first and second party when he tweeted. I think the only thing we can assume is that the game will not appear on a non-Sony system.

Suzzopher

jmonteiro said:
I have a feeling it's something from Guerrilla Games... but I do hope it's a sequel to LBP by Media Molecule :D

I don't. Let LittleBigPlanet be its own platform there is no need for a sequel. Now and RPG from Media Molecule could be amazing.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
AAK said:
This is gametrailers we're talking about, a hidden mental thought for them ranks as a trailer.

True. But if it was just a ten-second teaser-trailer or something, I think Sony would probably leave GTTV 'announce' the game rather than doing it themselves a couple of hours in advance of the show.

Whatever the case though, I do think what the SCE guy is referring to and what GTTV will be teasing/trailering are one and the same game.

thcsquad said:
First party studio: What you said
First party game: What samBishop said

Or maybe I'm wrong. Either way, its tough to think Geoff Keighley cared about the distinction between first and second party when he tweeted. I think the only thing we can assume is that the game will not appear on a non-Sony system.

Obviously the whole second party thing is not really well defined, it's seems to be just a way to make distinction between internal exclusives and external exclusives. First party is owned by console manufacturer and third party is not. In case the game if first party and studio third party, it's called second party to separate from actual first party works.

Victarion

Host Samurai said:
I would rather have a Sony funded Platinum Games exclusive, Capcom exclusive, SE exclusive or a ZOE 3 exclusive.

I would also love to see a LittleBigPlanet take on the beat em up genre. It would be awesome designing our own characters, levels, enemies, combos and melee attacks LBP style. It would be the perfect coop game as well.

poo.

Top Bottom