• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

AusGAF (2016)

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's the law now, they would have to block it even if they weren't owned by TPG.

See https://s115a.com

Yeah I know it's the law but Simon Hackett would have been the first to arc up about this probably pushed it through all the courts. Now they just roll over for our Authoritarian Corporatocracy, both major parties included.

An 8888 style protest? Maybe if people can participate by swiping on their smart phones while at a cafe.

Yeah I know it's the law but Simon Hackett would have been the first to arc up about this probably pushed it through all the courts. Now they just roll over for our Authoritarian Corporatocracy, both major parties included.

An 8888 style protest? Maybe if people can participate by swiping on their smart phones while at a cafe.

8.8.8.8 is the google dns.

Quasar

I wonder. You never saw any of them campaigning against the law before it was passed or anything.

That's said, if I'm honest I prefer this to taking individuals through the court system. Of course it won't stop piracy, but it does raise the bar slightly for casuals especially if it's implemented better than Telstra first go. Certainly isps should be technically able to block all traffic to those sites that's not inside a vpn tunnel. Of course now they will just be in a blacklist war with these sites, with sites moving around and isps trying to keep any blacklist current.

Though frankly with the metadata regime I'd think any half sensible pirate would be doing all their business inside a vpn tunnel anyway.

HowZatOZ

Banned
Fuck me I forgot how night and day ahead the PS4 is compared to Xbox. Interface is bliss to move through, apps work and download speed is maxing my cable. Best decision ever.

r1chard

are you trying to tell me richerd here isnt Deaf lol ?
Yeah, it's a fair call. I still blame the stereo tho, it's my prerogative as an old fart :)

"If you don't like them, don't buy them." Clearly Woolies are putting them on the shelves because people buy them. Can't wait for the Royal Commission Into Hot Cross Bun Early Sales though. I wonder if they're Halal?

MoonGred

IMO yes, was worth $60 considering the Entertainment I got out of it. Looking for an exploration game?

I'm just looking for a game where I can zone out, for some reason I thought that God Eater 2 would be that game, but the anime-ness of it is just too much for me.

$20 would be the sweet spot but I always said I'd get it when it's $30. I also don't want a physical copy which makes me think it'll be a while before it's $20 on PSN

Edit: I recently got Astroneer which is an amazing exploration game, unfortunately it's super clunky to play with a controller compared to a keyboard

I'm just looking for a game where I can zone out, for some reason I thought that God Eater 2 would be that game, but the anime-ness of it is just too much for me.

$20 would be the sweet spot but I always said I'd get it when it's $30. I also don't want a physical copy which makes me think it'll be a while before it's $20 on PSN

Edit: I recently got Astroneer which is an amazing exploration game, unfortunately it's super clunky to play with a controller compared to a keyboard

there's nothing inherently wrong with NMS as released if you're in the right frame of mind, and aren't invested in certain pre-release suppositions and Fog of Murray.

A zone-out game with repetitive tasks you can enjoy while watching something on Netflix is certainly how I would describe NMS.

It's just not as essential as the fanboys wanted it to be

MoonGred

there's nothing inherently wrong with NMS as released if you're in the right frame of mind, and aren't invested in certain pre-release suppositions and Fog of Murray.

A zone-out game with repetitive tasks you can enjoy while watching something on Netflix is certainly how I would describe NMS.

It's just not as essential as the fanboys wanted it to be

I followed zero of the pre-release hype and would've gotten it on launch if the buzz around it was good, seeing as it went the other way (I've taken the negative feedback with a grain of salt seeing as people on the internet can't react like normal people) I let it go past me.
It just looks like a great game to play when I'm in the mood for nothing and just want to sit on a comfy couch.

Can I assume it's a locked 30fps version?

I followed zero of the pre-release hype and would've gotten it on launch if the buzz around it was good, seeing as it went the other way (I've taken the negative feedback with a grain of salt seeing as people on the internet can't react like normal people) I let it go past me.
It just looks like a great game to play when I'm in the mood for nothing and just want to sit on a comfy couch.

Can I assume it's a locked 30fps version?

look at it this way. if it turns out that you give up in less than about 5 hours, would $35 be a reasonable price. would its financially disadvantage you? If not, go for it.

MoonGred

look at it this way. if it turns out that you give up in less than about 5 hours, would $35 be a reasonable price. would its financially disadvantage you? If not, go for it.

It honestly wouldn't, I've wasted more money on stuff on Steam that I won't play, or even had any intention of playing.

Speaking of Steam, everyone should get

I Had never heard of the game until it popped on my recommendation list. Game play is fairly simple but the story is really engaging. They even have a demo so you can try before you buy!

It's my Hacknet of 2016!

No Man's Sky is very unique, you effectively play as a nomad while trying to survive whatever nature you land upon. Hyperconsumption drives your ability to continue and the procedural nature of the landscapes always leaves you feeling like a stranger in a slightly strange world.

I still liked No Man Sky, but haven't gone back to it after the first 20 hours. I should now though since the patch.

I picked up The Witness this Steam sale and I'm loving it so far. Great brain teasers.

Also, RIP Carrie Fisher. The only princess for me.

Quasar

No Man's Sky is very unique, you effectively play as a nomad while trying to survive whatever nature you land upon. Hyperconsumption drives your ability to continue and the procedural nature of the landscapes always leaves you feeling like a stranger in a slightly strange world.

I really liked it, still kind of scratch my head at the negativity. Was one of my favourite games this year, but it's not like I played lots of games. Looking forward to see how the game develops.

Cerity

picked up ratchet and clank from target today ($29). It's really scratching that action-adventure itch that I've had for awhile now. The level design is just missing that... 'what if' factor - or maybe I've gotten old. I remember playing games like spyro where I'd spend hours just trying to get onto a ledge because it'd be cool to get on it or it's a secret area or it was an area you were obviously not meant to get to until later.

HowZatOZ

Banned
picked up ratchet and clank from target today ($29). It's really scratching that action-adventure itch that I've had for awhile now. The level design is just missing that... 'what if' factor - or maybe I've gotten old. I remember playing games like spyro where I'd spend hours just trying to get onto a ledge because it'd be cool to get on it or it's a secret area or it was an area you were obviously not meant to get to until later.
I grabbed it this morning on PSN for $19, so damn keen to give it a whirl. It'll be nice to reminisce on the old days, wish Spyro was still a thing.

I was at Edithvale Beach just before and during a bit of the storm. My girlfriend got this awesome panorama right after we got there (about 1:30pm)

cSikPyy.jpg

Quasar

What a fucked end to the year.

Had to have my cat put down.

Had a large cancerous growth under his tongue. Which meant being fed through a tube and chemo or the less painful option for him, being put to sleep.

Was almost 15, so he did have a long life. But still totally sudden.

Fuck 2016,

Shaneus

Had a large cancerous growth under his tongue. Which meant being fed through a tube and chemo or the less painful option for him, being put to sleep.

Fuck 2016,
Oh no :( We have two kitties and would hate to think what'd happen if we lost one of them :(

Thoughts are with you.

Fuck 2016,

Fuck, sorry to hear that :(

Fuck 2016,

The feels. All I can say is, start looking for another cat. I can't imagine not having a furry
bastard trying to kill me in my life

The feels. All I can say is, start looking for another cat. I can't imagine not having a furry
bastard trying to kill me in my life

i would go the other way. at work we have many people coming in looking to "replace" or "fill the hole" their old cat/dog left. yeah, grieve first. it isn't fair to the new animal.

Quasar

i would go the other way. at work we have many people coming in looking to "replace" or "fill the hole" their old cat/dog left. yeah, grieve first. it isn't fair to the new animal.

Yeah. Going to take my time, but yeah I do plan to have another cat at some point.

Stackboy

Really sorry to hear about your cat, Quasar. pets are the best. 15 is a good innings, bet you have some great memories.

Why am I moving house in January? I'm an idiot, plain and simple.

Cerity

:(

I'm not looking forward to the next year or two, our doggos are going on 15. We've had them since they were 4 weeks, same litter. They both showing their age and both had a pretty rough winter.

HowZatOZ

Banned

I'm not looking forward to the next year or two, our doggos are going on 15. We've had them since they were 4 weeks, same litter. They both showing their age and both had a pretty rough winter.
Its the tough life of animals, but you can't discount all the years and memories you've had. We've got four cats and while they are quite young we know one day their times will come. That's why I enjoy all they have to offer, including biting my tors while I sleep at night.

Dimefan3

We lost the family dog, who was 14, a week before christmas. Was even more sad because I live interstate from my Mum, so I never got to see him one more time.

We lost the family dog, who was 14, a week before christmas. Was even more sad because I live interstate from my Mum, so I never got to see him one more time.
Same thing happened with my step-mother-in-law. Same age, too. He was a sweet old dog who couldn't handle steps anymore.

We stayed with them over Christmas and it overshadowed the whole event. My son realised that the dog was missing and would shout out the dog's name when we would walk past trees.

We're not talking about the same dog, are we?

Dimefan3

Same thing happened with my step-mother-in-law. Same age, too. He was a sweet old dog who couldn't handle steps anymore.

We stayed with them over Christmas and it overshadowed the whole event. My son realised that the dog was missing and would shout out the dog's name when we would walk past trees.

We're not talking about the same dog, are we?

Lol no, it was just one of those things where we knew we needed to put our dog down, but were trying to avoid it. Finally on the Saturday his body just gave up on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom