• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ever Oasis |OT| Secret of ActRaiser in the Desert aka This Year's Other Egyptian ARPG

Weirdly enough I have never heard of the game but watching some trailers I am very intrigued, I will check out the demo tomorrow.

MLH

Demo was alright, reminds me a lot of Crystal Chronicles/ My Life as a King, both of which I love. Treehouse playthrough always sells me on a game, like they did with Fantasy Life, but I found Fantasy Life a total bore, with nothing but busy work and pointless/ shallow quests. I fear this may be the same, so I'll be holding out. Besides just spent a lot on Steam Summer sale.

TheMoon

You serious with that Actraiser comparison or ya'll blowin smoke?

There's no ActRaiser comparison. Read the OP, not the title :p

Please remove the ActRaiser references. That's false advertising and a swift kick to the grundle for those hoping for something like it.

Nah, town-building + action (rpg). That's all it means. If anyone goes crazy it ain't my fault. Also not advertising unless someone wants to pay me? :D

The point is to grab attention.

It's not like ActRaiser.

I love how y'all are getting hung up on this :D

Wait, what IS the other egyptian RPG this year?

Anyway, i will get this for sure, even though i likely won't get around to playing it realistically until say... 2024 or so.... :(

the backlog is real

13ruce

Banned
Wait, what IS the other egyptian RPG this year?

Anyway, i will get this for sure, even though i likely won't get around to playing it realistically until say... 2024 or so.... :(

the backlog is real

Assassin Creed lol. (yes they are adding rpg elements to the game)

Shaldome

My copy arrived today at work and is sitting on my desk. Watched the treehouse segment last year, but did no have a 3DS back then. Spontaneously decided to buy it yesterday and I am looking forward playing this during the week end.

Currygan

at last, for christ's sake
Copy just arrived. Between Fire Emblem, SMTIV:A, Picross 2, Metroid in September and this I'm drowning whelp

TheMoon

Copy just arrived. Between Fire Emblem, SMTIV:A, Picross 2, Metroid in September and this I'm drowning whelp

Thank god there are no more 3DS games coming after that.

*looks around*

*sees EO V, SMT Strange Journey Redux, Radiant Historia Perfect Chronology, Kirby, Pokémanz, and Sushi Striker peeking around the corner*

*faints*

woopWOOP

This game looks so cute
...but I'm not sure if I have the time for another ACNL-like timesink
...but it looks so damn cute

Arrrgh, decisions decisions

Kirie

Ahh geez, no wonder I never got a shipping update. Amazon.ca is completely out of stock :( I preordered on the 15th but seems a lot of other people did as well. It's number 9 on the best sellers list for video games on there.

MicH

Played around 4-5 hours so far and I'm in love. This game is freaking fantastic. The Fantasy Life x Animal Crossing comparison is absolutely right, if you like those games then definitely get this!

It is so freaking charming and all my residents so far have each had their own distinctive personality. Can't wait to continue playing.

So sad to see how little buzz there is surrounding this game :(

LeonSPBR

Game is great. Getting new residents is pretty straightforward but managing the Oasis is not.

Managing the oasis will require a lot of items. You need those items to restock the shops that you build. And you can use those items to craft weapons/clothes/accessories and to trade for new items.

I just formed my first party and you can bring the people managing the shops as well, but the store closes and you can't profit from it. Also stores have levels as well so that they can offer more items to sell.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Played around 4-5 hours so far and I'm in love. This game is freaking fantastic. The Fantasy Life x Animal Crossing comparison is absolutely right, if you like those games then definitely get this!

It is so freaking charming and all my residents so far have each had their own distinctive personality. Can't wait to continue playing.

Oh shit, Fantasy Life is probably my favorite 3DS game. Gonna pick this up after work.

Got my copy arriving today, but I won't play it for awhile due to it being between Arms, RPG Maker FES, Zelda DLC, and Splatoon 2. This month send help.

Will plan to start it around late August/early September. I hope it sells well since I want Grezzo to succeed. Love the Zelda remakes and Tri Force Heroes. It just seems like the game is being sent to die. Barely any advertising and again, between two big first party games + DLC on Switch.

Best of luck Grezzo and I can't wait to play it, but I want to fully focus on it when I do so that will be later. Have fun everyone!

Put a couple hours in to this now.

It's Viva Piñata + Atelier + Zelda down to a tee. So it's pretty much my dream game.

The OST is very Grant Kirkhope as well.

Potential GOTY contender right here - don't sleep on this one, GAF.

JonnyKong

What's the expected length of the game?

I'm thinking of maybe picking up a 3ds tomorrow and I might get this alongside it.

Sold.

AEREC

Is there a hard stop at the end of the game? Seems like that would be weird for a town building game...but I'm seeing comments that the game is only 20ish hours.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Ugh, I can't freaking wait for this. Game sounds like it was made for me.

Hope I find a physical copy soon enough.

Probably a dumb question, but where the hell do I find more Healing Fruit?

I need some for an early quest, and yet I seem to have run out of places to scavenge. All sand mounds seem to only give me other materials.

Probably a dumb question, but where the hell do I find more Healing Fruit?

I need some for an early quest, and yet I seem to have run out of places to scavenge. All sand mounds seem to only give me other materials.

I find a lot in the oasis by blowing away sand piles or using gale on glowing spots that sometimes pop up in the pool under the tree by your house. Think those are most reliable. Just found one in a pot too, but that's the first.

Got my own question: how do I add party members? Only oasis level 3 so maybe I just haven't unlocked that yet?

MicH

I find a lot in the oasis by blowing away sand piles or using gale on glowing spots that sometimes pop up in the pool under the tree by your house.

Got my own question: how do I add party members? Only oasis level 3 so maybe I just haven't unlocked that yet?
Yeah you probably can't yet. A resident will allow you to form a party pretty soon

Hazu

I expect the sales of this game to be really bad. Went to 5 different stores this morning, only one had it.

Mcdohl

How timesinky is this game? (Lots of fetch quests, repetitve tasks, etc)

Is there a well defined progression in it?

ekurisona

I expect the sales of this game to be really bad. Went to 5 different stores this morning, only one had it.

i went to a nearby walmart and they didn't have any copies in the display case, so i asked an employee about it. at first he said there were no games releasing today but then offered to check in the back. he found three copies and said that was all they had received.

Finished first real dungeon. Really liking it - collecting characters is always more fun when you can bring them along to fight with you!

B00TE

I completely spaced on this coming out today fuuuuuuu
too engrossed in FFXIV

Will pick it up tomorrow if I can find it.

Currently at Oasis Level 7, just playing off and on during the day.

Now I'm gonna go home and binge all night.

I'm enjoying it so far. The combat is simple but fair, and they throw things in there to keep it interesting. The characters are fun, and the town building is enjoyable enough. It shall certainly keep me busy over the weekend.

Finally got my copy and started about an hour in. Already had an update for the game. Anybody know what the update was for? Probably just bug fixes, but still curious.

Cyanity

Banned
One of the hosts of The Polygon Show said she couldn't play Ever Oasis for more than 10 minutes without falling asleep. (paraphrasing) "Ever Oasis is a great game to play if you want to black out and wake up the next day"

Top Bottom