• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What? Destiny 2 will have different recoil settings on PC.

Neptonic

Doesn't mouse... make recoil obsolete anyway since you can fine tune your aim on the fly quickly and precisely? Why would they change it?

EndersAres

Neo Member
I'd hope so because I really hate when games come to pc and they keep their console settings. The worst thing that happened to my favorite franchise battlefield is them not keeping the versions separated. I really look forward to hearing about more changes to keep the PC version adjusted for the increased player skill level.

Tomeru

lolwut

I will say I'm looking forward to seeing what Destiny PVP is like without extreme autoaim. I know it's second nature for console FPS players to abuse autoaim/quick scoping for sniper rifles but it never made sense to me. I did fine in Crucible, but since Trials was pretty all about sniper bullshit and finding the ones with maximum autoaim, I rarely did well. Almost said never, but I've been to Mercury a couple times with GAF.

I'm not some master sniper in PC shooters either but at least it'll be more even ground.

How was it not an even ground? Seems like an excuse to not say tgat someone was better then you. You had access to the same gear in the same game. Don't think it'll be any different on pc. Some always game better.

You should write a book about the proper way to view a thread. People will love it.

It already exists, my friend. You just have to remember it.

Hell yeah! High five! We got analog control over movement. Those kbm do not. In fast paced fps I think there's a competitive advantage to that.

In fast paced FPS games a mouse's precision takes a giant dump over analog sticks, and I say this as someone whose primary platform has been consoles for the past decade.

Swarna

Thank god for that.

Playing against PC users with cheaters will be the same mess of Borderlands.

I don't get how that's relevant here since Borderlands had characters stored locally and D2 presumably won't. That's about as relevant as me stating I don't want cross play because of cheaters on the console versions of Borderlands games and Diablo 3.

Enemies and weapons should be tweaked differently in the PC version, anyways. That'd be a better argument against cross play.

Deku Tree

Yeah I think the PC version should have more recoil. Make it harder and more realistic.

Besides that I want to know if Destiny 2 is still going to have ghost bullets.

SargerusBR

I love Pokken!
Bungie keeps on digging

J2oGpiN.gif

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
Hell yeah! High five! We got analog control over movement. Those kbm do not. In fast paced fps I think there's a competitive advantage to that.

you dont need analog movement, just the max speed, but if you still want you can use mechanical kb, you know?

Trace

Banned
Wondering how this will affect me as a controller user on PC.

They've stated controller on PC plays exactly the same as the console versions.

Anyway yall are overthinking what he said way too hard, they're tuning PC to play the best that it'll play and console to play the best that it will play. Every single person that played the PC version at E3 said it played fantastic, hold your hate until later. Until then, there's lots of other stuff to complain about regarding Destiny 2.

dmix90

So what will happen if i will play PC version using gamepad? Will it switch from one recoil model to another one or am i stuck with Mouse/KB model due to balance/whatever reasons...?

Don't mess with gamepad gunplay Bungie... it's one of a few good things about this game.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
I'm glad that controller on PC will play exactly like the console versions with full aim-assist and same recoil etc, I was scared they were going to listen to those that would moan that it's cheating, even though aim-assisted controller will still get rekt by KB+M most of the time.

I'll be gimping my Trials of the Nine teams by being 'the guy on the controller' :D

I think they've since clarified that they are fine tuning recoil on guns on the PC version independent of the console version so they feel good. But there probably won't be as much kick, no.

This is a problem. I have never heard a dev say that recoil on PC shooters is a problem before.

Wowwwwwww

GRIP

This is a problem. I have never heard a dev say that recoil on PC shooters is a problem before.

Wowwwwwww

It isn't. Out of all the people who have played the PC demo I have yet to hear anyone say the controls felt bad or off. The exact opposite, actually.

Lothars

What do you mean? Like re-wording what guided games is? A video conference stating, from one of the developers, that a solo player can que up for a raid etc? Whether it is in or not, you have guys from Bungie going on record stating that it is NOT for raids/heroic content, rather just normal content. That is a contradiction right there.

How about the story elements about D1, and how they will be addressed? Oh they wont, according to Bungie, as they have no clue what to do with that material.

These are things that a lot of Destinty fans to not want to hear. And if you think that Bungie, since E3, was not a PR distaster, I implore you to look up youtube, twitter, instagram. People were not happy at all.

Add this to the mix, add it turns into a clusterfuck. Now these things can be address later, whatever. But currently, this info is out in the internet space, and it causes confusion and doubt to the general consumer (ones who try to do their research, not the die-hard destiny fans who will buy regardless). All you are seeing, then reading, then seeing again, is Bungie saying one thing, retract it, then clarify.

Say it correct the first time. The end.
the guided games do exactly what they said it would.

I do agree some of the story in interviews hasn't been handled well but we will see

This thread has already been proven wrong.

I looked at YouTube, twitter and all the places guess what more positivity than negativity and where I've seen most of the criticism have been completely valid.

Whet I am seeing is the same posters in destiny threads shitting things up but that's also been a constant thing since 2014.

So yes the backlash sure isn't as big as you are saying it is

Yay, now everybody on GAF is a dev and knows exactly why this was done despite having not played the game and all impressions of the PC version being positive so far.

And lol if people expect crossplay for an FPS.

Wowwwwwww
Can't tell if you're being sarcastic.

All good games are tuned differently on PC than on consoles. In this case, the devs are telling you beforehand.

Or maybe you'd prefer to have something like Borderlands which is ass with mouse and keyboard.

everyer

All PC feedbacks are positive.

The only thing is that, here, someone, always try to find a reason to be against to a "used to be console exclusive" game coming to PC.

They just try their best to find a REASON to say "I don't want to buy the game"

And I have to say, D2 PC E3 shooting feeling is BETTER than OW. No matter you say it has/hasn't recoil. That is the truth.

Stop trying to find any negative points from interviews, just wait and play the PC beta OK?

JMizzlin

I didn't realise this was news! Otherwise I'd have gotten the scoop. I got the chance to talk to Bungie's David Shaw at E3 after my Destiny 2 demo and he shed some light on it.

When I asked him what one of the biggest challenges his team faced was he pointed to recoil. He said they tried hard to make it work however at the end of the day they found lifting and dragging the mouse just wasn't fun. I asked if he thought the change would impact Crucible and he seemed to think it would just speed up matches.

I personally don't mind it at all. I really enjoyed the D2 demo on PC and will be picking it up when it launches. This is coming from a guy who got absolutely burnt out on Destiny on Xbox One. There's so much more to the gunplay that the core experience isn't compromised by this decision.

The only issue I can see arising is that certain burst fire weapons will be ridiculous. Naturally they'll be nerfed independently on PC when those issues arise.

Grief.exe

PC version runs at 60fps so it was never gonna get it.

I believe the game runs above 60 FPS.

So what will happen if i will play PC version using gamepad? Will it switch from one recoil model to another one or am i stuck with Mouse/KB model due to balance/whatever reasons...?

Don't mess with gamepad gunplay Bungie... it's one of a few good things about this game.

Apparently the recoil actually increases if you plug in a controller.

When I asked him what one of the biggest challenges his team faced was he pointed to recoil. He said they tried hard to make it work however at the end of the day they found lifting and dragging the mouse just wasn't fun. I asked if he thought the change would impact Crucible and he seemed to think it would just speed up matches.

It's such a strange thought process to have, it's almost like they've never used a mouse before.

Top Bottom