• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

My Little Pony FiM Community [OT3] Surely You Saw This Coming

Cheerilee

Yep. I saw in another thread that Nintendo World Report (formerly Planet GameCube) is another casualty caught in the crossfire, because their address ends with "rt . com".

tumblr_n65jtwb0X31rnubimo1_1280.png

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill
Its all good.

Since my fursona can fly and has magic, I couldn't just pick unicorn or Pegasus. *shrugs*
We could always ship your ponysona with Princess Primavera Brighteyes Joie-de-Vivre, our unofficial second-string mascot. (Just be sure not to let her know that she's second-string OR a mascot, though, or she'll make glue out of his hooves and make him watch it before any of us have time to say "TO THE MOOOOOON!").

We could always ship your ponysona with Princess Primavera Brighteyes Joie-de-Vivre, our unofficial second-string mascot. (Just be sure not to let her know that she's second-string OR a mascot, though, or she'll make glue out of his hooves and make him watch it before any of us have time to say "TO THE MOOOOOON!").

Yeah, that's not gonna happen. ;P

The only time I ever used that OC was for one pic which was a large group pic and my avatar here. No story, no shipping, just did as a fun thing back in 2011.

http://thedarkwolf.deviantart.com/art/My-Friends-MLP-style-263652926

That's okay, Princess Luna is best Princess anyway. ;P

PaulloDEC

Just finished reading the new issue (#19) of the mainline MLP comic. If anyone's wondering, the hot streak is still in full effect as far as I'm concerned. The two-worlds story is still really neat, and there's tons of great art, fun call-backs and authentic character moments.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I am worried that they've left too much for the final issue. Also a little let down that it just ignores the defeat of Sombra, which would have taken place right in the middle of their courtship. Romance also seems a little too cut and dry. I was expecting Mirror Luna to be the reason Celestia kept going to the other world, and the romance developing from those trips.

That final frame was incredible, though.

PaulloDEC

I am worried that they've left too much for the final issue. Also a little let down that it just ignores the defeat of Sombra, which would have taken place right in the middle of their courtship. Romance also seems a little too cut and dry. I was expecting Mirror Luna to be the reason Celestia kept going to the other world, and the romance developing from those trips.

To be honest, the defeat of Evil Sombra was a bit of a blink-and-you'll-miss-it kinda deal. Celestia wasn't even there; perhaps with good reason, considering her
relationship with Good Sombra.

The romance is pretty straightforward, but I can deal with that given the other plot threads they're trying to weave at the same time. It's interesting the way the comic writers are interpreting Celestia as more of a regular pony than the regal demi-god Celestia we've got on the show. I think the closest we've come to comic Celestia on TV was the notorious cake photo.

Evil Celestia and Evil Luna
are by far the weakest part of the story so far for me. They could be almost anyone at this point, generic villain-type characters. I did like that
Evil Luna had an evil version of Tibbles,
though.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
To be honest, the defeat of Evil Sombra was a bit of a blink-and-you'll-miss-it kinda deal. Celestia wasn't even there; perhaps with good reason,
considering her relationship with Good Sombra.

The romance is pretty straightforward, but I can deal with that given the other plot threads they're trying to weave at the same time. It's interesting the way the comic writers are interpreting Celestia as more of a regular pony than the regal demi-god Celestia we've got on the show. I think the closest we've come to comic Celestia on TV was the notorious cake photo.

Evil Celestia and Evil Luna
are by far the weakest part of the story so far for me. They could be almost anyone at this point, generic villain-type characters. I did like that
Evil Luna had an evil version of Tibbles,
though.

Except for the whole "The show showed Celestia and Luna defeat him, and Sombra made the Empire vanish before he fell" thing. How the heck do you get that Celestia wasn't there? It sounds as silly as some fan animation that ignored the show because they want to say Luna defeated him on her own.

PaulloDEC

Except for the whole "The show showed Celestia and Luna defeat him, and Sombra made the Empire vanish before he fell" thing. How the heck do you get that Celestia wasn't there? It sounds as silly as some fan animation that ignored the show because they want to say Luna defeated him on her own.

Oh, whoops. I was thinking of Sombra's second defeat, i.e. the end of the Season 3 opener.

I really ought to try and put a timeline together someday. I know there's a few floating around on the net, but it'd be neat to have one that addressed events referenced in both the TV show and the comics. I find all of the stuff that went on before the series began tricky to put into order.

Myke Greywolf

Ambassador of Goodwill

Andy Price just put it up in his dA gallery.

Yeah, to mention that Sombra is in the comic, like he has for the last couple of issues I believe, has completely ruined it for me. If only you hadn't talked about everything important that happens in the comic in a handful of posts and the writers weren't so bad at their jobs that that is all it takes to ruin an entire issue, I might have been able to enjoy it.

PaulloDEC

So rather than just say I should work on a timeline, I figured I'd just go ahead and do it. Work-in-progress list of important dates HERE. If anyone wants to take a look and offer their thoughts, that'd be great.

Discord history comes next, so if anyone can remember references to when Discord came to power/fell from power/anything else important, let me know.

Yeah, to mention that Sombra is in the comic, like he has for the last couple of issues I believe, has completely ruined it for me. If only you hadn't talked about everything important that happens in the comic in a handful of posts and the writers weren't so bad at their jobs that that is all it takes to ruin an entire issue, I might have been able to enjoy it.

To be fair, I did drop a few things that people might not have already read. Hopefully Doc stops by again soon and spoilers my quote.

I'm dying

also I'm waiting for the compilation release or $1 per comic on comixology

well how about I start buying them when they hit $2 if this thread tags stuff until a day or two after they hit $2?

brian577

Banned
Not pony-related, but the guys (some of them, anyway) behind Double Rainboom released a trailer for their new project today: True Tail. Gotta say, it looks pretty amazing.

It looks nice. Their goal is make a pilot that they can pitch to a tv network but frankly I'm not convinced they'll get that far. It looks like it's going to be another Galaxy Girls, too out there and too risky for a network to give a chance.

PaulloDEC

It looks nice. Their goal is make a pilot that they can pitch to a tv network but frankly I'm not convinced they'll get that far. It looks like it's going to be another Galaxy Girls, too out there and too risky for a network to give a chance.

I was a little surprised when I read that they were hoping to pitch it to networks; pretty ambitious goal. Still, the art is certainly on-par with other Flash animated stuff I've seen, and the character designs are pretty neat. Certainly a very big cut above your typical deviantart anthropomorphic stuff.

sexualized furry filth!
/s

Animation looks good, voice acting seems okay, can't say anything about the writing really, oh hey a phoenix is one of the main characters, I MUST HAVE THIS!

Top Bottom