• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

//: StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty |OT4| Everyone Else Would Beat Catspajamas

Zzoram

Teamliquid Page

MLG Winter Championship in Columbus
- Final Day

Mississauga, TheNix's via Go Bus, 2pm-10:30pm, March 25th, HOUSECRAFT:

Going:
TheNiX
Picon_small.png

Zzoram
Picon_small.png

Pandaman
Zicon_small.png

90% Going:
scogoth
Picon_small.png

Spl1nter
Ticon_small.png

50% Going:
mcrae
Zicon_small.png

Not Going:
hoverX
Picon_small.png

I just had a nap because I was up all night studying for a midterm this morning and passed out accidentally a few hours ago. I was dreaming that we were meeting at Square One but we all went to the wrong places and were trying to find each other.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

Corran Horn

May the Schwartz be with you
regular streams are all HD only?

They are stuck in whatever resolution they are streamed at. Tonight I streamed at 960x600 resolution and at a 1000 kbps.

Before I streamed at 800x500 and 800 kbps. But I was forced to due to my older shittier internet.

Zzoram

Teamliquid Page

MLG Winter Championship in Columbus
- Final Day

Mississauga, TheNix's via Go Bus, 12pm-10:30pm, March 25th, HOUSECRAFT:

Going:
TheNiX
Picon_small.png

Zzoram
Picon_small.png

Pandaman
Zicon_small.png

90% Going:
scogoth
Picon_small.png

Spl1nter
Ticon_small.png

50% Going:
mcrae
Zicon_small.png

Not Going:
hoverX
Picon_small.png

MLG just released their schedule for Sunday. Turns out it will start at 12pm and the finals will start at 6pm and be over by ~8pm. I guess we will have time to play a few practice games or something afterwards.

Corran Horn

do you only get ad revenue if you're a partner? or can you get a few pennies for your low viewer count?

The only money I use to get from my stream/vods were when I hosted gaf tourny vods on blip.tv. It was just change though, like 10-20 cents (USD) per video.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
Oh? MLG this weekend? Nice, I need my fix.

The only money I use to get from my stream/vods were when I hosted gaf tourny vods on blip.tv. It was just change though, like 10-20 cents (USD) per video.

Maybe if you streamed LoL you could actually make some real dough :p.

Corran Horn

Oh? MLG this weekend? Nice, I need my fix.

Maybe if you streamed LoL you could actually make some real dough :p.

Usually when I actually ladder on sc2 I can get decent viewers. Might do that more now because I got a better internet again.

I would just die over and over on LoL or Dota :( And most of LoL viewers are on owned.tv and not twitch.

Zzoram

Flo is streaming, she's actually high apm, and laddering on Korean server for some reason

not sure where she's living, thought it was USA, she's going to MLG open bracket apparently

Holden

How far along development is DOTA2 anyways? Does it seem almost ready for release?

nope.

They keep adding UI stuff, adding auras for some items, i think they might add more atk animation depending on which item you are holding ( currently only one does it ), animation on heroes, audio, etc.

but the major thing thats stop release it from release its missing like 20-30 heroes from dota on wc3. Once they are all out, the release should be really close and hopefully free to play :)

Zzoram

nope.

They keep adding UI stuff, adding auras for some items, i think they might add more atk animation depending on which item you are holding ( currently only one does it ), animation on heroes, audio, etc.

but the major thing thats stop release it from release its missing like 20-30 heroes from dota on wc3. Once they are all out the release should be really close

How quickly have they been trickling out heroes?

DOTA2 needs to be out this summer or else LoL's momentum might be too much to overcome. In fact, LoL's momentum may already be too much to overcome.

Holden

How quickly have they been trickling out heroes?

DOTA2 needs to be out this summer or else LoL's momentum might be too much to overcome. In fact, LoL's momentum may already be too much to overcome.

Once a week most of the time.
Sometimes 2 heroes come the same week

Thing is LoL is more noobfriendly then dota. Dota is extremely difficult to start with so many diffrent heroes, items, ward locations, juke spots, making sure you know what time it is in game, day & night diffrences, knowing how to deny/lasthit, etc. Different spell/items combos work and some don't. Shit, i even learn stuff nowadays

Holden

How many heroes does a MOBA need? Why is 50 better than 10? Most of them seem redundant.

Dota 1 has 108 heroes

If it only had 10 heroes the balance wouldn't be the same since in competitive there are counter pick and heroes you can ban.

And it can change it through the meta game. ( Some heroes don't get pick that much anymore, when they used to pick alot more a while ago, vice versa)

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
so that quad amputee guy owes 15,000 in unpaid wages and he's trying to pay it off with a starcraft fundraiser.

lol.

Top Bottom