• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mafia 3 |OT| "Family isn't who you're born with, it's who you die for"

Stiler

So I tried using flypn, everytime steam asks me for my password and I don't feel comfortable at all putting in my password when using a vpn, am i just being an idiot?

Vitor711

OK, the weather system - who thought that supersonic clouds and near-instant day to night transitions were a good thing?

That needs to get patched ASAP, it's distracting as hell and looks goofy as f*ck.

Other than that, I'm actually sort of loving this game.

So I tried using flypn, everytime steam asks me for my password and I don't feel comfortable at all putting in my password when using a vpn, am i just being an idiot?

The first time Steam connects from a new location, it forces a password check. As long as you're doing it in the client and not on the web, you're 100% safe.

Tek

Hopefully the Xbox One version isn't as rough as people are saying especially with a 720p resolution. This is why I wish reviews were released earlier. I went with the xbox one deluxe edition due to my prime savings. Normally the majority of multi platform games are purchased on the PS4, but I absolutely hate the battery life of the controller so I went with Xbox.

Too late to cancel my preorder plus Amazon said I wouldn't get the ps4 copy until Tuesday.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Is this game set in the 60s? Im pretty sure all footage I've seen are in the 30s

BbgL7x3.gif

Karak

Ruh roh. What are your thoughts?

Graphically its nothing surprisingly good and also fairly messy on both consoles.
It has issues with popin, texture thrashing of some kind, lighting issues, time of day swap issues, filtering issues and sometimes has the same strange camera swap when you choke someone that Mankind Divided has which breaks the immersion. Vehicle damage is terribly done with poor meshes and texturing almost throughout.

Doesn't mean its not fun but man it aint that pretty at all.

Rellik

I'm enjoying it, especially the story telling and guns despite the shit show of the locked 30fps and vaseline smeared all over the screen.

The lighting is very...odd, in this game. I feel like it's masking a really nice looking game.

Also the eyes of characters seem too dark, they lose all detail. I hope they patch some stuff.

Man the shooting feedback in this game is amazing, which elevates it above any of the sandbox games i've played in the past.

Feels almost like a 3rd person game made by Raven.

Zemm

I've only seen Lincoln in that same outfit. Are alternate clothes in the game?

Coming lost launch as a free update due to community feedback. Why they thought to develop an open world game in 2016 with no clothing customization I have no idea.

Racing will come post launch in a free update.

This sounds like a game that will be better bought and played in 3-6 months time, might just wait now

It's weird how everything looks so... washed out in broad daylight. It's something I've noticed in a bunch of current gen games like Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed, but it's especially distracting in the footage I've seen of this game.

When I was playing it I had the same thought like the lighting was flat and very similar to watch dogs. Glad I'm not the only one.

N7.Angel

Watching some streams here and there and damn the streets are empty and boring, it's with game like this that you understand how amazing GTAV is...

Otherwise the game looks rad, the voice acting, cutscenes and story looks very great, I'll take it in 3 or 4 month when it goes cheaper.

Taelus

It's weird how everything looks so... washed out in broad daylight. It's something I've noticed in a bunch of current gen games like Watch Dogs and Assassin's Creed, but it's especially distracting in the footage I've seen of this game.

I think the "washed out" look is a stylistic choice to give it the look of '60s film footage.

Top Bottom