• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

WTF? Vita has a 100 application/game limit?

Takao

Banned
News sites reporting this now deserves the Kotaku Slowpoke comic edited to include their logos, lol.

As someone who has hit the 100 bubbles mark multiple times, it sucks. I have to imagine Sony's working on it, but until then I just delete whatever I haven't played in a month or two.

Figboy79

Aftershock LA
You know what else sucks? Correct me if I'm wrong but deleting a game also deletes save files. Lame...

It only deletes Vita game save files. If you delete PS1 and PSP games, the save files still stay on your memory card.

I have about 37 games installed on my Vita now, but I honestly don't know why. I only play one or two out of that 37 at any given time. When I complete a game, I delete it, as I probably won't be going back to it for a while.

I've only downloaded the ones on there now because I can, but I'm about to start trimming them away again. Some, are permanent fixtures, that I'll never delete (like Castlevania: SOTN, Chrono Trigger/Cross, etc), but most are expendable. You have to ask yourself, and be reasonable about it: "Do I really need 'XXX' on my Vita at this moment in time? Am I actually playing it, or actively playing it right now?"

If it's a game that you play more than twice a week, keep it on your system. If it's a game that you haven't touched in months, just delete it, and redownload it later when you actually want to play it.

That's worked for me in the time I've had my Vita, and upgrading to a 32GB card seems like less of the worthwhile investment I thought it was now. I still have 10 gigs free.

Vlodril

So this is an old thing that no one bothered to mention in the press until a random gaffer made a thread? oook then.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
I think how little known this issue is really highlights the poor exposure and sales of the system.

So this is an old thing that no one bothered to mention in the press until a random gaffer made a thread? oook then.

It's been talked about a lot on this forum and on PS Blog comments.
Yoshida has acknowledged the issue on twitter months ago just before the last big update.

Htown

STOP SHITTING ON MY MOTHER'S HEADSTONE
So, let me get this straight.

Vita makes a new application/game icon for everything you install and every game card you insert. Each of these icons also holds the save and DLC data for that title. You have a hard limit of 100 of these "icons" that Vita can remember at any one time, and if you have more you have to delete them, losing all saved data unless you back it up.

Is that right?

That sounds pretty dumb to me.

sajj316

So, let me get this straight.

Vita makes a new application/game icon for everything you install and every game card you insert. Each of these icons also holds the save and DLC data for that title. You have a hard limit of 100 of these "icons" that Vita can remember at any one time, and if you have more you have to delete them, losing all saved data unless you back it up.

Is that right?

That sounds pretty dumb to me.

Mini, PSOne, and PSP saves are independent of the application bubble. Vita game installs have the save associated with it. Not sure about PSM.

CamHostage

I think how little known this issue is really highlights the poor exposure and sales of the system.

11 months on shelves. Some people have hit the max, but it's not something that happens too often (though journalists should have hit it by now, even though I appreciate the attention this heat is getting outside GAF.) It will happen more and more regularly though, buying 80 games in a year might be unusually hardcore (and minus the pre-installed apps, you have 85 bubble spaces available,) but 30 downloads over three years, especially with all the small games and free apps, that seems almost unavoidable for a regular gamer.

Top Bottom