• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

White Knight Chronicles: Pulse of the Ancients Released Dec 25

Lindsay

Dot Hacked
Everyone is saying this an rpg but I do not believe.

What kind of rpg? arpg? srpg? an "rpg" like Folklore supposedly was?

Elios83

DMPrince said:
you're just better off hoping for an NA Version first and just import.

I'd prefer a localized version =) If that won't happen (which I doubt, it's a big title) then of course I'll import the american version.
But it's more a matter of when....I don't think it will take less than 6 months to localize such a title.

tehbear

Is it really too early to tell us what they are hinting at? I mean it's just 3 months away and I need something to be remotely hyped about.

Wollan

tehbear said:
Is it really too early to tell us what they are hinting at? I mean it's just 3 months away and I need something to be remotely hyped about.
You can expect it all at TGS or from their private showing. New trailer + info..etc.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Hcoregamer00 said:
I hope the game is good, the lack of RPG's for the system is depressing.

The RPG situation in general across all systems but the handhelds is depressing.

Zoe

Lindsay said:
What kind of rpg? arpg? srpg? an "rpg" like Folklore supposedly was?

Folklore was never considered an RPG. It was always listed as an action game.

Wollan

pswii60 said:
Do we know which team is developing WKC? Is it the Dark Cloud team?
Things are probably more elusive than that (biggest team they ever have used) but I would think it's the core Dark Cloud team as they've been doing Sony ip's for a while.

rykomatsu

splitting hairs here but 鼓動 (kodou) is heartbeat or pulse, not wave...for those of you that try to learn Japanese via gaf or what not :p

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I wonder if there will be a console bundle for this. Also, if they timed a price drop with the game release...

Paznos said:
Something only the PS3 can have? wonder what he meant by that, Really looking forward to this and I hope we get it early next year.

Maybe he just means that since it's exclusive, it's a feature that only the PS3 will be able to get. I'm hoping that's not what he meant, but speculation is a bitch.

thuway

Kagari said:
I wonder if there will be a console bundle for this. Also, if they timed a price drop with the game release...
Nice, I like the way your thinking. Sony Ninjas pay attention.

Fenderputty said:
Maybe he just means that since it's exclusive, it's a feature that only the PS3 will be able to get. I'm hoping that's not what he meant, but speculation is a bitch.

that's what that shit always means.

In other words, we're developing for one platform so we can say whatever we want.

Anyways, this is surprising, no? I was thinking this was way further off than end of the year, even for Japan.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
gregor7777 said:
that's what that shit always means.

In other words, we're developing for one platform so we can say whatever we want.

Anyways, this is surprising, no? I was thinking this was way further off than end of the year, even for Japan.

Not really surprising. The game was playable last year at TGS and was running smoothly then. The game didn't resurface until now so it was bound to be close to completion, especially after a 3 year development cycle.

iceatcs

Fenderputty said:
It is little easy, like Home, trophies, youtube etc. It doesn't mean it has only power to work.
Hope we will get more classify about it.

Lindsay said:

wikipetan.jpg

out you go then

Really can't wait for this...LO has probably been the only epic jrpg released this gen, and this is looking to surpass this in epicness...

Wollan said:
OH MY GOD. I have actually managed to miss this one, just viewed the 06 field battle.
That one kinda sucks, it's just repeated footage. The one with all the footage and the pure awesome music is the one everyone should see :D

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
I wonder if there will be a frog that eats two weapons and poops out a new one in this game too... not sure if that would really go with the feel of the game, but weapon synthisis is always welcome~

Kagari said:

They better have a damn bundle, Kaz Hirai needs to be fired for his incompetence.

iceatcs said:
It is little easy, like Home, trophies, youtube etc. It doesn't mean it has only power to work.
Hope we will get more classify about it.

Yep it'll be either Home integration or some type of PSP connectivity.

Metalmurphy said:
Yeah, I've posted that one here several times and every time there's someone who says something like what Wollan just said :lol

:lol I love that trailer ever since it hit the Japan PSN store.

I'm still in love with their CG work especially during the moving city shot and from 2:16 and on :D

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
DMPrince said:
:lol I love that trailer ever since it hit the Japan PSN store.

I'm still in love with their CG work especially during the moving city shot and from 2:16 and on :D

I liked that trailer too. Still have it actually... I NEED MORE. Level 5, please deliver it to me~

thuway

I never saw that trailer, but I really hope the graphics improve. Who am I kidding though, if the gameplay and story is good, I don't think I would care either way.

OT: Does anyone else think that when they make promote this game, they reiterate "From the Makers of Dragon Quest VIII" about a couple thousand times?

Elios83

Kagari said:

Bundles are the only thing that SCEJ has been making actively for the japanese market so far :lol :lol They won't miss the opportunity.
About a price cut, don't count on it, although the fact that there aren't news about the 80GB launch there is a bit suspicious. Maybe they still have a big inventory of 40GB units in Japan and their strategy is to introduce the 80GB in October at 39.800yen and make a small price cut ( 5000yen) on the 40GB units as a clearence sale during the holyday season. I guess TGS will bring all the details about the PS3 japanese strategy for the rest of the year (and the full software lineup).

thuway said:
I never saw that trailer, but I really hope the graphics improve. Who am I kidding though, if the gameplay and story is good, I don't think I would care either way.

OT: Does anyone else think that when they make promote this game, they reiterate "From the Makers of Dragon Quest XIII" about a couple thousand times?

Dragon Quest VIII

Watching trailer some more because i don't have new footage other than the small images from recent scan.

Hope the hair looks better. it looks shitty

zoku88 said:
Are you sure? I've heard many people call it an RPG before.

It's an action game. those that call it an RPG just don't game enough.

Top Bottom